Intel Skulltrail D5400XS Bios Mod - Page 37 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Intel Skulltrail D5400XS Bios Mod

post #361 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 10:08 PM
B10S TInk3r

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
What CPU are you using @FlashG ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 9 (Unique: 6)
Dual QX9775ss...

ps - soo many ads here, Chrome is jumping all around the place when I try to post this reply!!!
post #363 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 04:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Good morning I have three cards with x9775 and 16 GB of ram
I have recently mounted a NVMe with UEFI systems, the problem is having to use a program via USB to show the system the boot disk, and in addition UEFI, is there any possibility to integrate the bios and make it a native UEFI?
maybe using the open bios project, it seems to me that it is called on linus basis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Good morning I have three cards with x9775 and 16 GB of ram
I have recently mounted a NVMe with UEFI systems, the problem is having to use a program via USB to show the system the boot disk, and in addition UEFI, is there any possibility to integrate the bios and make it a native UEFI?
maybe using the open bios project, it seems to me that it is called on linus basis

Ps. sorry for the english but I use a translator
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-24.png
Views:	15
Size:	535.6 KB
ID:	224920  

Last edited by by_xfile™; 10-17-2018 at 05:08 PM.
post #365 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 07:56 PM
B10S TInk3r

@FlashG - I think that is supported CPU anyway, so you'll be able to adjust the necessary settings for Win10. I agree, I've got adblocker on and it still shows some ads, and site is always slow/crashing out etc,

@by_xfile™ - read through this thread backwards, in this latter 3/4 of the thread I think there was a few NVME test BIOS posted by someone, but I can't remember if they worked or not
post #366 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
@by_xfile™ - read through this thread backwards, in this latter 3/4 of the thread I think there was a few NVME test BIOS posted by someone, but I can't remember if they worked or not

Thank you so much for your reply, now I'm going to look

Last edited by by_xfile™; 10-19-2018 at 02:17 PM.
post #367 of 368 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 11:15 PM
B10S TInk3r

Yes, I found in my backup folders for this mod, there is BIOS that @terianx confirmed working for NVME, between 7/23 and 8/2
post #368 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 03:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi all,
forgive me for the partial necro 🙂
There must be something in the air as I too have decided to Frankenstein my old beast back into life.
My goal is also for Win 10. I think I'll be having an easier time of it as this used to be a work pc and I was lucky enough to go for the 9775's when I originally specc'd it nearly 11 years ago.
Seeing as all this effort has been gone before me, and the fact I've not had my head in a pc for 9 years I would be stupid if I didn't ask what benefit would there be (if any) for me to make use of the updated code you guys have worked on.. I gather that my procs would automatically unlock some of the hidden code.

What settings would be optimal, bearing in mind im going to have to look up uefi and gpt. I'm sure it will make sense just been too damn long 🙂

My system has had a full overhaul (new kryonaut paste, full clean..) Requires northbridge/Southbridge removal and new paste, additional fans for northbridge and memory
2x 9775's
4gb paired. (want to get more but costs are silly in UK for fbdimm, no surprise)
2x150gb sata raptors as separate drives
Quadrofx 3700 (no output, booo)
Dvdrw sata

Moving to
250gb ssd primary win 10&Ubuntu
Pairing the raptors raid 10
Advice needed on gpu
Wifi

I'm looking to run this miracast with the pc hidden away in a cooled cupboard ( autistic son who is too clever for his own good) so he won't trace the cabling and start to install stuff.

I'm not looking for gaming is mainly desktop use and miracast only needs decent WiFi and win 10 to output 4k to maximise the use out of the TV.

It will very likely have multiple tabs and YouTube videos though (knowing him).

Be grateful if you guys could chime in with any things with noting and advice for me before I go ahead and make a host of mistakes 🙂 thanks all. Really appreciate any input.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in