Raising i9 9900k Stock Voltage not working - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Raising i9 9900k Stock Voltage not working

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter
ocf
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Raising i9 9900k Stock Voltage not working

Hi,

i want to raise the Voltage of the i9 9900K at stock speed @3.6 GHZ.

If i manually enter the Vcore to 1.25v it still shows me in windows max. 0,9v - 1.0v Vcore @3.6 GHZ.

How can i raise the Vcore of the Stock speed @3.6GHZ?

I tried raise the Vcore at higher CPU Core Ratio @4.7, it does work, but on stock speed it doesnt, just stays at 1.0Vcore max. Load.

I have the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Motherboard.

Thank You.

Last edited by ocf; 01-26-2019 at 03:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 01:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6
Fun you changed the voltages in bios they should be changed. For some effing reason cpuz, core temp, etc don’t show the correct voltages. Certain mobo manufacturers have software that monitors voltages, that could work. Known bugs. Thank all the lovely programmers.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Yeah I have noticed that CPU-Z, AIDA64 and HWinfo64 all give me different voltage readings on my 9900k and Maximus XI Formula. CPU-Z reads 1.144V load, AIDA64 1.344V load, HWinfo64 1.250V load. From my talks on here and the ROG forum I believe 1.25V load is the correct reading. This is at default settings btw, but with some motherboards like mine they exceed the TDP to maintain 4.7Ghz load, so I'm not sure if that voltage is different across other manufacturers default settings.

Since you have a Maximus XI motherboard as well if you just want 4.7Ghz you can just load optimised defaults, enable XMP and click "YES" to the prompt. That will let the motherboard know to maintain 4.7ghz under load and won't power throttle.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in