New 9980XE 00 Error code and it turns out to be a fake cpu! - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New 9980XE 00 Error code and it turns out to be a fake cpu!

post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Itchen

Rep: 0
Use Microcenter or B&H if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Yep, as others have said, Amazon customer service is the best!
I've had orders over the years (well, just two items) with the wrong product in the box, and they said just keep it and we will send out the correct item.

post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
Glad to hear they are taking care of you. Ive never had an issue with Amazon returns regardless of the reason. The 3rd party sellers on there will sometimes give you a hard time but if you try and they fail you Amazon will step in and on their toes.
Thank you )

Oh no my purchase was not from a 3rd party seller, I never trust those and I never order anything from them. It was directly from Amazon.com.

''Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.''

Quote: Originally Posted by iamjanco View Post
Is this the listing you used to order the cpu? Shipped from and sold by OneDealOutlet Online?

Either way, contact Amazon, explain what happened and tell them you want your money back. If they're the only ones selling the product via Amazon, look elsewhere for the chip.

Looks like you've already got things under control. Still, I'd be leery of anything shipped and sold by OneDealOutlet Online. They also ship and sell via other sites like Newegg, Best Buy, etc.; and also call themselves BTE Computer, using the same street address in Canada.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Amazon didn't let me publish my review on the product. How can I warn other people without going into details? I even provided pictures of the product in the review post but it got declined.

Thank you for submitting a customer review.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines

Quote:

New 9980XE shipped and sold by Amazon.com turns out to be a fake cpu.

I purchased 9980XE cpu together with Asus Rampage motherboard. They were brand new, shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Cpu box had unbroken security seals on and everything looked legit. After getting cpu error code 00 I decided to check my cpu and I realized that it had a sticker on IHS. I peeled it off and writings came off together with the sticker. I've contacted Intel and they confirmed that this was a fake product indeed. I called Amazon and they helped me out, promised to cover the damage and replace my products. Now the question is how come a fake cpu ended up in an original cpu box with security seals on? Hopefully Amazon and Intel can come up with an answer. Be careful when you receive this product, pay extra attention to every single detail.

A few common issues to keep in mind:

Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.
Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.
Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review.
Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features, including contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited.

post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 08:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 88 (Unique: 76)
Google "newegg fake i7 920"

My thirst needs quenching.

post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:55 AM
Itchen

Quote: Originally Posted by Nihaan View Post

Thank you for submitting a customer review...

Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.

How can you do an honest review of a butt-plug or vibrator and keep it from sounding obscene?
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:08 AM
Old and Decrepit

Rep: 27 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nihaan View Post
Amazon didn't let me publish my review on the product. How can I warn other people without going into details? I even provided pictures of the product in the review post but it got declined.

Thank you for submitting a customer review.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines

Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review.
Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features, including contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited.
They let you post bad reviews, you just have to watch what you put in there. Ive even seen scamming reviews with people saying they got an empty box and pics after the box was opened when you can see what there with the seal in place. You also have to watch which you are reviewing. If its a seller review and you go on about the product they wont publish it or vice versa.

Quote: Originally Posted by splangie View Post
How can you do an honest review of a butt-plug or vibrator and keep it from sounding obscene?
Im fairly sure they dont sell those on Amazon.

Edit: I just had to go look and Ill be damned, they do sell them. I was suprised to see photos of a huge double ended rubber schlong and "anal trainer kits" on Amazon!

Das Beast
(29 items)
CPU
I9 9940X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Asus Strix 2080 Ti OC
GPU
Asus Strix 2080 Ti OC
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX4M8X3800C19
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Intel 905P
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
Aquaero 6 pro controller
Cooling
Corsair SP120 PWM x 11
Cooling
Heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
Heatkiller Tube 200
Cooling
2x Phanteks Strix 2080ti blocks
Cooling
EKWB 480 XE
Cooling
EKWB 480 PE
Cooling
EKWB 360XE
Cooling
Corsair LL 120 PWM X8
Cooling
D5 pumps x2 in serial bitspower head with mod kit
Cooling
Heatkiller VRM block
Case
Phantek Entoo Elite Black
Operating System
WIN 10 Pro
Monitor
ASUS PG34Q
Keyboard
ASUS Core
Mouse
Asus spatha
Mouse
Asus Sheath
Audio
Audio Engine A5+
Audio
SVS1000 Sub
Audio
Audio engine 192kBPS DAC
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by JustinThyme; 03-17-2019 at 01:14 AM.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 PM
Itchen

Quote: Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
Edit: I just had to go look and Ill be damned, they do sell them. I was suprised to see photos of a huge double ended rubber schlong and "anal trainer kits" on Amazon!

Yeah, weird. I'd want pick something like that up and see how it feels first and have a place to exchange or return it directly. I guess, that takes us back on topic sorta. And make sure you clean off the smoke residue or whatever before you try to return it too.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by splangie View Post
Yeah, weird. I'd want pick something like that up and see how it feels first and have a place to exchange or return it directly. I guess, that takes us back on topic sorta. And make sure you clean off the smoke residue or whatever before you try to return it too.
I wonder how you return a product of that nature...

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Any idea what the chip might actually be ? Can u measure it to see if it helps find what gen it is? Or did u return it already, I had 1/2 the 1st page

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in