Upgraded CPU and mobo - overclocking - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Upgraded CPU and mobo - overclocking

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Upgraded CPU and mobo - overclocking

Hi I recently updated my CPU and mobo 9700k And I’ve had it to fort the whole time so the mobo Automatically Over clocks to 4.9 Which gives me an idle temperature of 24° and on 70% load I get 39° the vcore that automatically selects shows .76 to .97 in cpuz. I’ve used the XMP For Gskill Trident Ram 3600 15c up from default 2133 set by mobo Which added no temperature increase then I tried without XMP setting my ram overclock And got the same temperature results. Would overclocking the ram to 4400 BE Ill-advised? I could only get to 4000 on my old z97 mobo. Also, I would like to push the CPU to a 5.2 overclock. Do I have to use a fixed voltage or can I let it fluctuate like it does at default on auto? The mobo will most likely set a very low voltage as it sets .97 for 4.9 GHz at its current setting. 280mm water cooled. 2 Static fans pulling air from outside through drives and one fan pulling air out of full tower. Radiator is push-pull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in