Need Some Help I7 8700K - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Need Some Help I7 8700K

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 20
Rep: 0
Need Some Help I7 8700K

Hello, i need your precious advices from you guys! I have the 8700k since one years.. so i am looking to overclock it a bit. Overclock is new to me and I can say that 4.7 on all cores with an acceptable temperature like 70C or less in full load is my goal ideally. I do not try to push him to the maximum.

I have the asrock z370 killer sli/ac with a cryorig h7. Right now i am testing this on bios: i have put 46 on all the cores except the first i leave it at 47 ( not sure why i do that.. with the MCE at stock i never see it at 4,7 only 4,3 on all cores. The cpu voltages is on offset mode -105 ( i wanted to keep a lower voltage in idle ) and everything else is on auto.

I have tested it with stress test at aida64 and real bench for 15 minutes is look pretty stable, i still watch it if I need to increase the voltage. CPU Z give me on full load 1,200V and i have see it for a few seconds at 1,21V. For the temps in idle is 29C to 30C and in stress tests I have got 70C at 78C max, he often turned between 72C at 76C. The voltage and The temps is good for my speed? In the long term particularly is safe ?

Other question: I know the noctua nh-d15 and cryorig r1 is better than cryorig h7 and is the king of air.. and beats many AIO , if i get this one ( i am ok with that and is will fit in my case ) I will be able to lose 10C or more on full load at least on my current settings? it would be possible to turn the 4.7 in my current temps?

Last thing i have 32GB of ram ddr4 on 2400 mhz , 2 ram of 16GB that I put in dual channel and i have enabled the XMP profiles in the BIOS. The task manager of windows 10 is tell me 2400 mhz but in cpu z tell me 1200 i saw many peoples said it's normal he has to multiplied by 2 .. so 2400.. i just want to be sure. is fine?


Thanks guys!

Last edited by Maxime12888; 03-31-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Maxime12888 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:52 AM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 39,113
Rep: 2787 (Unique: 1646)
What PSU do you have in your system and yes that matters

Dumpster fire
(27 items)
Seravee
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard
Asrock x570 Taichi
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
G Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf Pro ST14000NE0008
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf ST12000VN0007
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf Pro ST12000NE0007
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf Pro ST16000NE000
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S Chromax
Case
Phanteks Luxe 2
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mousepad
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
RHA L1 Dacamp
Audio
Sennheiser HD 599
Audio
Dali E 12 F
Audio
2x Dali Opticon 1
Audio
2x Dali Opticon 2
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Other
Vegas MBA 60cm LED Strip
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
GTX 1060 3 GB wth blower style cooler
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus GX 650 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
AOC 24G2U
Keyboard
Corsair Gaming STRAFE RGB Mechanical
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mousepad
Roccat Sense Metor
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova G2 750 Watt
Monitor
LG 24MP59G-P
Mouse
Logitech MX518 Hero
Other
Delock PCI-E to M.2 NVME Adaptor Card
▲ hide details ▲
shilka is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 20
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by shilka View Post
What PSU do you have in your system and yes that matters

i have forget it i have the cooler master masterwatts 650 great psu. For my video card i have a geforce gtx 1060 3GB

Last edited by Maxime12888; 03-31-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Maxime12888 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 39,113
Rep: 2787 (Unique: 1646)
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxime12888 View Post
i have forget it i have the cooler master masterwatts 650 great psu. For my video card i have a geforce gtx 1060 3GB
Sory to tell you but thats a pretty mediocre PSU but no wonder when HEC is the OEM
Many of the capacitors are cheap second rate chinese Teapo capacitors rated at only 85c

Its not horrible or bad but its not great either so thats why it was cheap

Dumpster fire
(27 items)
Seravee
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard
Asrock x570 Taichi
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
G Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf Pro ST14000NE0008
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf ST12000VN0007
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf Pro ST12000NE0007
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate IronWolf Pro ST16000NE000
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S Chromax
Case
Phanteks Luxe 2
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mousepad
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
RHA L1 Dacamp
Audio
Sennheiser HD 599
Audio
Dali E 12 F
Audio
2x Dali Opticon 1
Audio
2x Dali Opticon 2
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Other
Vegas MBA 60cm LED Strip
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
GTX 1060 3 GB wth blower style cooler
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus GX 650 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
AOC 24G2U
Keyboard
Corsair Gaming STRAFE RGB Mechanical
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mousepad
Roccat Sense Metor
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova G2 750 Watt
Monitor
LG 24MP59G-P
Mouse
Logitech MX518 Hero
Other
Delock PCI-E to M.2 NVME Adaptor Card
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by shilka; 03-31-2019 at 02:54 PM.
shilka is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 20
Rep: 0
Well i know is not made in gold but is do the job. Never had a problem with. On my old build i having the 550 Master watts with a i7 3770k after five years still working fine and the power is fine. I have see People with a more cheap psu than this.

So what you suggest for my questions?
Maxime12888 is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:59 PM
9 Cans of Ravioli
 
The Pook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17,786
Rep: 1281 (Unique: 691)
CPU-Z shows you the actual RAM speed, not effective. Task Manager shows you effective. DDR is double data rate. Both are right.

H7 to high end air (Grand Macho RT) got me worthwhile drops on my old 6700. If you'll get "10c or more drop on temps" depends on too many factors for anyone to answer that, but maybe.

15 minutes is not nearly long enough to determine stability.

Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake @ X8 5309mhz (+47.5%)
AMD FX-8320 Vishera @ X4 5022mhz (+43.5%)
Intel i5 4690K Haswell @ X4 5013mhz (+43.2%)
AMD X4 960T Zosma @ X6 4870mhz (+62.3%)
Intel i7 6700 Skylake @ X4 4709mhz (+38.5%)
Intel i5 6400 Skylake @ X4 4588mhz (+69.9%)
2 OP pls nerf
(24 items)
NUC U
(10 items)
CPU
i9 9900K
Motherboard
AsRock Z390 Taichi
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 4133 32GB
Hard Drive
Mushkin Pilot NVMe 1TB
Hard Drive
HP EX950 NVMe 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital EZRZ 3TB
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750w
Cooling
Corsair H115i Pro
Cooling
Raijintek Morpheus II
Case
Fractal Design Meshify S2
Operating System
Windows 10 Education x64
Monitor
Acer XF270HU 27" 1440p
Monitor
LG 24UD58 24" 4K
Keyboard
CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro S
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
Glorious Model D
Audio
Klipsch PowerGate + Schiit Hel
Audio
Micca RB42
Audio
Philips Fidelio X2
Audio
Philips SHP9500S
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i3 8109U
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
GPU
Iris Plus 655
RAM
Kingston 8GB DDR4 2400
Hard Drive
Dierka K1 120GB
Hard Drive
ADATA SU800 128GB M.2
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional
Operating System
MX Linux
Keyboard
Dierya DK63-BT 60% (Outemu Blue)
Mouse
Logitech G603 Wireless
CPU
i7 860
Motherboard
Advantech AIMB 280 ITX
GPU
EVGA GTX 950 2GB
RAM
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
Seagate Momentus 2.5" 500GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue 2.5" 320GB
Power Supply
Silverstone SFX-L Gold 500w
Cooling
Arctic Alpine 11 GT 2
Case
Silverstone Milo Z ML07B
Operating System
Windows XP x86 SP3
Keyboard
Velocifire TKL01 Outemu Browns
Mouse
Logitech M512
▲ hide details ▲


The Pook is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 20
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
CPU-Z shows you the actual RAM speed, not effective. Task Manager shows you effective. DDR is double data rate. Both are right.

H7 to high end air (Grand Macho RT) got me worthwhile drops on my old 6700. If you'll get "10c or more drop on temps" depends on too many factors for anyone to answer that, but maybe.

15 minutes is not nearly long enough to determine stability.

You had the H7 on your i7 6700? and you have changed for Grand Macho RT, what interesting results did they give you? 10C less?
Maxime12888 is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
wingman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,648
Rep: 63 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxime12888 View Post
Hello, i need your precious advices from you guys! I have the 8700k since one years.. so i am looking to overclock it a bit. Overclock is new to me and I can say that 4.7 on all cores with an acceptable temperature like 70C or less in full load is my goal ideally. I do not try to push him to the maximum.

I have the asrock z370 killer sli/ac with a cryorig h7. Right now i am testing this on bios: i have put 46 on all the cores except the first i leave it at 47 ( not sure why i do that.. with the MCE at stock i never see it at 4,7 only 4,3 on all cores. The cpu voltages is on offset mode -105 ( i wanted to keep a lower voltage in idle ) and everything else is on auto.

I have tested it with stress test at aida64 and real bench for 15 minutes is look pretty stable, i still watch it if I need to increase the voltage. CPU Z give me on full load 1,200V and i have see it for a few seconds at 1,21V. For the temps in idle is 29C to 30C and in stress tests I have got 70C at 78C max, he often turned between 72C at 76C. The voltage and The temps is good for my speed? In the long term particularly is safe ?

Other question: I know the noctua nh-d15 and cryorig r1 is better than cryorig h7 and is the king of air.. and beats many AIO , if i get this one ( i am ok with that and is will fit in my case ) I will be able to lose 10C or more on full load at least on my current settings? it would be possible to turn the 4.7 in my current temps?

Last thing i have 32GB of ram ddr4 on 2400 mhz , 2 ram of 16GB that I put in dual channel and i have enabled the XMP profiles in the BIOS. The task manager of windows 10 is tell me 2400 mhz but in cpu z tell me 1200 i saw many peoples said it's normal he has to multiplied by 2 .. so 2400.. i just want to be sure. is fine?


Thanks guys!
Your doing just fine. keep pushing the overclock up to 1.4v and under 100c with stress testing whichever comes first.

i5 8600K OC 5.0GHz
Noctua NH-U14S
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370-HD3
G.SKILL Ripjaws v 16GB F4-3200C14D-16GVK XMP Speed 3200 14-14-14-34
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA GAMING
ASUS VG279Q 27" 1920x1080p 144Hz IPS panel G-Sync compatible
wingman99 is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 20
Rep: 0
wingman99: Okay and for the cooler? it's worth it for the temps to change eventually at noctua nh-d15 or cryorig r1 universal ?

Last edited by Maxime12888; 03-31-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Maxime12888 is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 06:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
wingman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,648
Rep: 63 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxime12888 View Post
wingman99: Okay and for the cooler? it's worth it for the temps to change eventually at noctua nh-d15 or cryorig r1 ?
You could gain 4-5c cooler.

i5 8600K OC 5.0GHz
Noctua NH-U14S
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370-HD3
G.SKILL Ripjaws v 16GB F4-3200C14D-16GVK XMP Speed 3200 14-14-14-34
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA GAMING
ASUS VG279Q 27" 1920x1080p 144Hz IPS panel G-Sync compatible
wingman99 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off