Overclocking at 5GHz, I5-9600k Overheating - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclocking at 5GHz, I5-9600k Overheating

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Overclocking at 5GHz, I5-9600k Overheating

Hello Everybody,

I want to overclock my I5-9600k at 5 GHz. After stability tests, my system can be stable at 5 GHz with 1,4V. (I use LLC to decrease my V Core when the CPU is not under load to minimise high voltage).

So under OCCT Bench no AVX, my cpu goes in Overheating. I have a big Cryorig R1 Ultimate air cooler and a good Airflow inside my case so I don't understand why my CPU is so hot. Ok, 1,4v is high but not extreme.

If I touch my air cooler when my CPU is benching, he is not hot. So I imagin that the heat not transfer very well from the cores to the air cooler.
I plan to lap my CPU and air cooler.

I would like to avoid watercooling due to his price and leaking risk.
I would like to avoid delidding too due to 9th gen is soldered. It is very risky i think.

Have you got another any idea to decrease my CPU temperatures?

Thank you =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Some news!

After lapping my CPU and my Air cooler, i have better temperatures: Near 5 degrees in idle and 8 degrees full loaded.

My 5GHz at 1.4 VCore is now possible with temperatures around 76° and very max spikes at 85°.

My CPU was not flat (hollow in the middle) and i was disappointed to note that my high-end air cooler was not flat too (hollow in the middle too).

Just for fun and to experiment, I will set an aluminium heatsink with thermal pads in the back of the motherboard, in the back of the CPU socket to see if there is any influence. Like Artic cooling made with Accelero extrem IV for GPU VRAM and VRM =)

Of course I am always interested by any advice about lowering temperature!

See you!

Eostel

Last edited by Eostel; 09-06-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in