Good 9900k sample? - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Good 9900k sample?

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 383 (Unique: 274)
Quote: Originally Posted by SoldierRBT View Post
I see. The settings on the website I sent you is basically prime95 Non-AVX small ffts which is more realistic test for real world use. Just give it a try and see how yours compare to other chips on the list.
I tested that long ago.

I cannot go prime95 SSE2 small FFT less than 1.250v bios set (1.20v load via VR VOUT) with LLC Turbo. I could probably shave off 15mv using no LLC and auto voltages (dropping the AC Loadline low enough to hit 1.18v VR VOUT load but that's annoying to test). Anyway they are using loadline calibration, so me not using LLC to get better transient response is cheating.

AVX small FFT requires *disabling* loadline calibration (for most stability) and using auto vcore via AC Loadline (VRM is boosted to 1.520v target at load before vdroop, dropping to 1.238v at 185 amps with 1.6 mOhms of full vdroop), and even this causes problems with the 36K FFT size. And temps are almost uncontrollable in this summer heat with a weak AC (94-99C depending on ambients). Attempting to use loadline calibration by using 1.315v fixed vcore+LLC Turbo will fail even though VR VOUT will be the same at load (1.241v and 0.4 mOhms of loadline)--transient voltage drops will crash the test.

FMA3? Dream on.

Of course I'm fully game and usage stable at 1.275v LLC Turbo.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by SoldierRBT View Post
I see. The settings on the website I sent you is basically prime95 Non-AVX small ffts which is more realistic test for real world use. Just give it a try and see how yours compare to other chips on the list.
I tested that long ago.

I cannot go prime95 SSE2 small FFT less than 1.250v bios set (1.20v load via VR VOUT) with LLC Turbo. I could probably shave off 15mv using no LLC and auto voltages (dropping the AC Loadline low enough to hit 1.18v VR VOUT load but that's annoying to test). Anyway they are using loadline calibration, so me not using LLC to get better transient response is cheating.

AVX small FFT requires *disabling* loadline calibration (for most stability) and using auto vcore via AC Loadline (VRM is boosted to 1.520v target at load before vdroop, dropping to 1.238v at 185 amps with 1.6 mOhms of full vdroop), and even this causes problems with the 36K FFT size. And temps are almost uncontrollable in this summer heat with a weak AC (94-99C depending on ambients). Attempting to use loadline calibration by using 1.315v fixed vcore+LLC Turbo will fail even though VR VOUT will be the same at load (1.241v and 0.4 mOhms of loadline)--transient voltage drops will crash the test.

FMA3? Dream on.

Of course I'm fully game and usage stable at 1.275v LLC Turbo.
Just got my binned CPU I've ordered.

I'm at 1.2 volts vram vout stable, pulling 230 watts avx, no offset, via Aida only FFT. To me, Aida 64 is the perfect AVX stress test, making sure you're stable everywhere else.

Which means my 9900k runs stable at 1.2 volts.

I wonder how they're gonna pull that off with the 9900ks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in