Old 3930K opinion - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Old 3930K opinion

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Old 3930K opinion

Hi!

I've had this 3930K for some time now and decided to overclock it abit more - I've ran it at 4.5GHz since 2013.

I would love to go 4.7-4.8GHz, but IntelBurnTest wont allow it, says it's unstable. 4.6 seems to work @ 1.38V...
I also noticed that the Speed (GFlops) decreased from 123-125~ @ 4.5 to what the picture says @ 4.6Ghz - 111-119.

How does this look according to you guys? I dont really know much about overclocking other than multipliers, XMP and cpu voltage. So be kind.

I just wanna give this CPU a last push.

Thanks in advance!
/Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clock.png
Views:	19
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	337876  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 08:32 AM
Water-cooler

Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Crank that voltage up. I know Sandy E is a bit different than normal Sandy. But there have been plenty of people running 1.4 to 1.45v long term with no issues...as long as temps are good.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NBrock View Post
Crank that voltage up. I know Sandy E is a bit different than normal Sandy. But there have been plenty of people running 1.4 to 1.45v long term with no issues...as long as temps are good.
Running 4.7 @ 1.4v atm, temps around 75-77.
Seems like my old dualrad needs cleaning or maybe new water..

What temps are fine? Pretty much only play CSGO... CPU wont have to work that much, but CSGO still eats CPUs and my 1080ti are just overkill for CSGO.

Thanks for the answer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Water-cooler

Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Ideally you probably don't want to run much higher than that. What loads are you running to get those temps? If it is prime 95 you are fine...it won't hit that kind of load in pretty much anything you are doing. What CPU cooler and paste are you using? If you haven't changed the paste in a while, it might be good to do. Some pastes over time will be less effective.

Last edited by NBrock; 04-08-2020 at 09:47 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NBrock View Post
Ideally you probably don't want to run much higher than that. What loads are you running to get those temps? If it is prime 95 you are fine...it won't hit that kind of load in pretty much anything you are doing. What CPU cooler and paste are you using? If you haven't changed the paste in a while, it might be good to do. Some pastes over time will be less effective.
I ran IntelBurnTest 10x. I'll try with Prime95 aswell.

I'm using the Corsair H110 and yes, I problably should change the paste. Havent changed it since 2013.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in