9900k this week or wait for 10th gen
Boy I i didnt think this through..
I recently had to RMA my board so after a complete loop draining and tear down I do what I always do, see if theres anything worthwhile to upgrade while the machine is down. So I decided why not upgrade to 9900k for future proofing. Sold my 8700k quick for $250 without thinking about it and now I'm stuck. Not worth it for me to upgrade from 1080ti yet, I dint see the reason, but now I'm out chip.
So the new i7 will basically be the 9900k. Not sure what to do. If I wait, good luck even getting one for some time and the board too. Id most likely have to pre-order a board before the embargo are even up. Im on a custom loop with 2x360 rad so heat shouldnt be a big deal unless these chips are monsters. I do expect them to get hotter or the new i7 to possibly be a shade cooler than 9900k.
IF I buy now Microcenter will price match for 30 days so if dips $50 after the announcement I should be covered. But it just seems silly to not at least wait and see the reviews since its like a week out. Also all this mess has me actually considering Ryzen for the first time since Phenom. Went 2600k after that and never looked back. But gaming and media server are the machines primary uses so I'm still leaning intel.
Anyone else in the same boat?