I3-8300 overclock help - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

I3-8300 overclock help

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I3-8300 overclock help

Hi, im relatively new to the pc world and dont know very much so please forgive me if anything here sounds incorrect. One of my buddies was talking to me about overclocked my cpu. I thought that would be cool as it would boost the performance i get in game theoretically. As i was trying to do so by watching a guide i noticed that i was missing certain settings in the bios that the person i was watching had. As well as not being able to set the ratio of my cpu past the default of its 3.7Ghz. I dont know if i did something wrong or if im just stupid. Please help. My pc specs are in the file below
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (86.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Nomadic Gaming; 05-16-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 05:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 29)
you need a "K" series cpu inorder to OC on the intel platform. You can however get a very slight increase in core clocks by raising the bclk if your bios has that option available to increase, but you may hit a wall over 105, and make sure your ram stays in spec.

**Intel System** Asus Z390E Strix / 8700k @ 4.85Ghz / 32GB BDie @ 3200 CL14 / PowerColor 5700XT / eVGA 850w PSU / Sammy 960 EVO m.2 / MX500 250gb games SSD / 49" Samsung UltraWide 144Hz

**Games Only** Asus Maximus Formula XII / i9 10900k @ 5.2GHz / 32gb 4x8GB Patriot Viper DDR4 4400 @ 4000MTs / 2080Ti / Everything watercooled using Dual Loops and many 420mm rads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in