Overclock.net banner

Overclocking 10900k results, bins and discussion

761K views 6K replies 258 participants last post by  Stormblade 
#1 · (Edited)
Chip 1:

10900k ES, retail stepping 5, Q0. Board: Asus Maximus 12 Extreme, 2x16 GB dual rank Gskill 3200 mhz CL14 @ 1T
Absolute minimum die-sense load voltages required to pass Prime95 small FFT AVX disabled and Realbench 2.56/AIDA64 "Stress FPU"

Note reducing ring ratio did not improve stability.
*These are LOAD voltages at Vmin, not bios voltages!*

SP Score: 94

4.7 ghz/4.4 ring: 1.021v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
4.8 ghz/4.5 ring: 1.048v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
4.9 ghz/4.6 ring: 1.083v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
5.0 ghz/4.7 ring: 1.128v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
5.1 ghz/4.8 ring: 1.172v (Prime95 small FFT no AVX and CB R20, AIDA64 stress FPU tested @ 1.181v load)
5.2 ghz/4.9 ring: 1.235v (Prime small FFT no AVX, CB R20 and Battlefield 5 tested only)
5.3 ghz: Falkentyne visits the Volcano God

(1.320v+ load voltage required to play Battlefield 5 without a CPU Cache L0 error, temps 80C+)

Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO.

Retail chip #2 (bought from newegg): seems the *exact* same (tested the "Instability detected" Load vcore points in AIDA64) up to 5 ghz, 5.1 ghz. Falls off hard at 5.2 ghz. 5.3 ghz needs at least 1.4v LOAD voltage.
(SP score unknown, installed in a Z490 Aorus master).

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,
So where are the 10900k benchmark scores posted ?

#3 ·
im having a terrible time trying to get a 5.1ghz stable on the 10900k. Im @ 1.25v SA and 1.25 VCCIO upto 1.35vcore with LLC @ LVL7 (asus maximus formula) and still cant get past 30secs into aida64 stress test (only cpu, fpu, and cache selected) wth am i doing wrong? Its not temp related... my waterloop is very strong, even has serial d5 pumps and 2 420mm rads in push pull... temps are getting in the 70c range in a 66f room

#4 · (Edited)
Please boot at 5 ghz core, 4.7 ghz cache with SVID=best case scenario and tell me your IDLE VID (not vcore) shown in hwinfo64.
Make sure you have all power saving disabled. (you can also tell me your idle VID at 5.1 ghz, but I'm not sure if the VID will change if ring ratio is x48 or x47, try x48, just to report it there too).
Then I'll see if I can determine anything.

#11 ·
I did exactly what you said, and restored layout... is it showing now?

Attachments

#12 ·
No.
Try updating your HWinfo to the latest beta version shown on their page.
Also go into the layout in the settings. Do you see "Core #0 VID" and #1 VID and stuff hidden around in there?

#15 ·
I don't have that option, I swear!! triple checked...

#16 ·
Do you have "SVID Support" disabled in your BIOS?

CPU VID should be right above the cpu frequency....it is on mine.

#17 ·
Chip 1:
Absolute minimum die-sense load voltages required to pass Prime95 small FFT AVX disabled and Realbench 2.56/AIDA64 "Stress FPU"

How long did you run each of the tests for?

Asking for a friend. :)

#19 ·
15 minutes to 1 hour.

#21 ·
this is the newest beta version... Im showing EVERYTHING minus HDD/SSD/GPU crap

Attachments

#22 ·
I wonder if there is a bug preventing the CPU from communicating with the VRM.

I noticed you don't have CPU Package Power either.
SVID Support is required in order for the CPU to report its VID and package power to the VRM.

Can you go into your BIOS and check VF points and find the VID for 5.1 ghz point?
And see if there is a BIOS update for your board.

#23 ·
just went into bios and snapped a pic.. This is the latest bios, so nothing to update too. Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

#24 ·
Yeah, although these values are different than the idle VID you see in windows, but this will work.
Here's mine.

So your chip has a higher VID. But you should still be able to run AIDA64 at the settings you used easily.
Mine passes "Stress FPU" (CPU, cache and FPU at the same time is less stressful) at 1.187v load voltage at 5.1 ghz.

I would estimate that yours needs 1.230v-1.250v load voltage to pass.
Did you look at your load vcore (minimum vcore) in HWinfo during your AIDA64 run?

Instead of LLC7, try :
1.375v BIOS set, LLC=5.

Does that help?

Attachments

#29 ·
im getting god damn pissed! I can stress the FPU alone @ 5.1 "auto" vcore and she goes till I stop her.. If I check CPU, Cache and FPU... insta fail. What settings would you recommend to try to stabilize 5.1? Im pulling out my hair.. this is the hardest time ive ever had OCing an intel cpu

#30 ·
First things first. Disable XMP and test.
Then set cache to x43 and test.

Or vice versa.

#31 ·
ok, brb

#33 ·
i'd guess similar, high mem + high cpu ,
easier to tell if you are already on the new bios
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?303

and still seeing the same symptom, i'd try to set svid behavior typical or even worst case
there is only 1 bios for this XII Formula (0403) unless there is a secret beta somewhere?

I disabled XMP, set cpu vcore to "auto", also set IO/SA to "auto" ... I manually set 51x multi, and cache to 43 and she is very stable... ***!!! What can I do to get my mem speed back? Prior I had IO/SA set to 1.2, i also tried 1.25 and still had random lockup and insta fail on this stability test. So what can I do from this point? THANKS A MILLION FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! attached is a pic of my system loaded with XMP disabled and settings above

Attachments

#36 ·
Thanks for the HELP! I did exactly what you said.. xmp is back, but lowered speed to 4133, cache is left to auto (which gives me 43) and I see auto for SA/IO is nearly 1.5v WOW... so i lowered that to 1.30 for both, and I get my insta fail in aida64. I also set SVID to "Typical"...

**EDIT** Thanks for new link, going to flash to the new BIOS.. crossing fingers

#40 ·
it sets them to 1.5v tho

#42 ·
ooooook... update: new bios (0509) XMP loaded but adjusted to 4000MT/s speed, 1.35v. Cache @ 46 IO/SA @ auto (giving me 1.35v for both) CPU multi to 51 CPU Vcore @ auto (1.40v) and aida64 will run till i stop it. so not sure what this is telling me... my brain is fried

#45 ·
should i enable trace centering and what is this mode 1 and mode 2 option i see? BTW my ram is the patriot 4400 b die sticks 4x8gb sticks

#48 ·
Im certainly getting closer to nailing this OC, THANKS TO YOU GUYS. Couple last questions. Why is it that I set 51x multi in bios but yet cpuz and hwinfo64 are showing me @ 5050MHz (which is my avx offset speed??) and in this pic below, out of all those voltage readings, which is the correct 1 to go by, im so confused!! That pic is system 100% loaded with aida64 doing CPU,FPU,and CACHE..... also, im back to 4141MT/s mem speeds now

Attachments

#49 ·
AIDA64 uses AVX for Stress FPU if it is checked in the options. Are you using an AVX offset of -1? And your BCLK isn't 100.0 also.

#52 ·
I saw 100.4 BCLK when AI behavior was default after clear CMOS (I forgot, either auto or AI Optimized). When I set it to "manual" it was 100.0 BCLK, if I remember correctly.

#53 ·
i manually set 101.. dont know why, just have always used "101" since sandy bridge 2600k days....

*EDIT** guess i messed around to much with mem timings as during the process of playing with mem timings my OS install was doing weird stuff.. since she is MUCH improved now (thanks to you 2 guys) im gonna format and reinstall and start fresh again

#54 ·
Ok remove your AVX offset and set 100?

#55 ·
AVX removed and now @ 5150MHz all core and aida64 went till i shut it down. so far improvement. mixture of this new bios, and SA/IO @ 1.345v have helped this OC tremendously. im just worried about vcore. during stress it went to 1.45ish if i go by certain readouts, and others said 1.370v in hwinfo64... which of these readings do i go by?

Attachments

#61 ·
appreciate ya! really thank you for all your help today

#62 ·
I think I have just 1 more issue! Ive been spending the last hour trying to figure out what I think is a mem training issue. only on a cold boot, the board takes a while to post and most of the time it will shut down, then startup again, and it is on this 2nd boot when the pc will post. its not consistant, but 8/10 cold boots it will do this behavior. What can I do to assist with training?

#63 ·
This will be solved once you lower your IO/SA below 1.25V. It is the way that IO/SA increase volts.

#64 ·
I bought 2 10900k's and a z490 hero. The first that i tested barely could pass r15 at 1.279 (fail maybe 1 of every 3 runs) at 5.2 all core. The second can pass r15 at 1.279 at 5.3 all core (no hwinfo errors) so that's the one I'm trying to dial in. LLC6. The question I have is why is my vid so high? I'm completely new to asus bios.

Attachments

#65 ·
You set in BIOS VCORE=1.37~1.38, and your VID is 1.42. This is reasonable. Don't look at VCORE on ASUS, this measurement of VCORE is a little different from VID. You need to distinguish between "VCC sense (Die sense per ASUS)" and "Socket sense".

#72 ·
I see you guys saying VID and everything, just wondering I use manual OC fixed voltage mode with SVID disabled, can I use it and don't worry about VID since it doesn't show in HWiNFO64 with SVID disabled? Also another thing I noticed, when I use SVID and turn my PC off completely (shut down PSU switch) and start boot it doesn't boot and turn off and boot again like when I have SVID disabled, is that normal behavior? Sorry a bit off topic, I use an 8700k and Asus Maximus X Hero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.