I'm trying to overclock this Intel I7 6700K CPU on an MSI Z170A Krait Gaming X3 motherboard, with 16 GB DDR4, proceeding in this way.
I am increasing the cpu ratio and the vcore, leaving the RAM below the original frequency to exclude them from the test result (after I do a final test by setting the XMP profile).
The only thing I would try more is the deactivation of the settings that make dynamic frequency and voltage and the energy saving settings (but it is only a test, because in the final test I will have to activate them as they interest me).
I would like to ask you these questions:
1. Which Stress Test do you recommend to use to test the stability for the overuse in dailyuse of this CPU?
2. In addition to the CPU Ratio and Vcore, can you change other settings to try to overcome instability during the stress test? (for example the other voltages all n cars, or other bios settings)
es. If at [email protected]
it is stable and at [email protected]
it is unstable, can I just try to increase the vcore?
3. In the event of instability, can increasing BCLK and decreasing CPU multiplier help, get worse, or is it the same?
4. Core Override CPU okay as a vcore mode?
5. Does the Ring Frequency leave it in default which is around 4100 or decreasing it can affect the stability?