AC/DC load line and LLC - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AC/DC load line and LLC

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
AC/DC load line and LLC

Hello everyone, so i've been having issues with my temps on my 9900k with a z390 aorus pro board using a noctua nh-D15 cooler checked the paste and seating.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but you guys are much more knowledgeable about this topic. I'm not necessarily trying to overclock.

So i changed my ac/dc load line to "Power Saving" instead of "Auto" and my llc to "medium". It wasnt stable having the llc any lower than this also my Vcore voltage is set to "Auto". I am completely new to this so quite worried about messing something up, despite reading Guides.

Might be a stupid question but does this in any way harm my cpu long term and are these safe settings to run? HWinfo shows it pulls around 1.358 V prior to changing these settings but now it only goes up to 1.254V during a cinebench R15 run. Which in turn lowered my temps quite a bit. Performance seems to be about the same.

HWinfo stats of a Cinebench R15 run:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cou.png
Views:	14
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	360186  

Last edited by Sebbe; 07-13-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in