Is my new i9 10900K actually locked or defective or something? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Is my new i9 10900K actually locked or defective or something?

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon2016 View Post
Yes you will be able to run XMP, or manually overclock and tweak the memory with that very good Z board.
Excellent, I assumed so, but thought I would confirm with you guys as this ASRock board I have now was listed on NewEgg to support up to 4400Mhz memory and obviously that was not the case. This is the first time I have bought a board that was so blatantly just not capable of doing what it was advertised to do; flat out false advertisement unfortunately. Heck, even the last system I built just had a cheap $50 AMD GigaByte board and it was able to overclock anything on it fine, but this ASRock board is locked down tighter than a bank vault.

Thanks again for the help guys, you guys rock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2020, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I got my MSI MEG Z490I Unify board installed last night and you guys weren't kidding, this board is awesome! Everything is super easy to adjust and I was able to set my desired cpu memory with no issues at all.

Thanks again everyone for the great input as you guys have helped make me one happy camper with one super speedy PC!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in