Welcome to the Official Fractal Design Node 304 Owners/Info Club
The Node 304 features a unique modular interior for outstanding configurability.
The Node 304 accommodates up to six hard drives. Unused mounting brackets can be removed to allow for long graphic cards, additional airflow or more space for organizing cables. Additionally, it is equipped with three hydraulic bearing fans, easy-to-clean air filters in all intakes and two front USB 3.0 ports.
Featuring hybrid functionality, the Node 304 case is ideally used as a cool-running file server, a stylish and quiet home theatre PC or a powerful gaming system highlighting minimalistic and stunning Scandinavian design and maximum functionality.Features:
Here (Click to show)
- Compact, modular interior
- Minimalistic design with an elegant aluminum front panel
- Unique new modular mounting system that accommodates up to 6 hard drives
- Accommodates tower CPU coolers and single-fan water cooling systems
- Filtered air intakes ensure a dust-free environment for internal components
- Three Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans included
- Excellent cooling for all components
- Accommodates ATX power supplies
- Fan controller for all fans included
- USB 3.0 for fast file transfers
Product Page:Black VersionWhite VersionReviews:Guru3dThink ComputersTweakTownAnandTechHardware SecretsOwners:To be added to the list:
Cooling / ventilation:
- Mini ITX, DTX motherboard compatibility
- 2 expansion slots
- 6 – supports either 3.5" or 2.5" HDD / SSD
- ATX PSUs, up to 160mm in length (To fit in combination with a long graphics card, PSUs with modular connectors on the back typically need to be shorter than 160 mm)
- Graphics cards, up to 310mm in length, when 2 HDD brackets are removed (Graphics cards longer than 170 mm will conflict with PSUs longer than 160mm)
- Tower CPU coolers, up to 165 mm tall
- Case dimensions (W x H x D): 250 x 210 x 374 mm
- Case volume: 19,5 Liters
- Net weight: 4,9 kg
- Colors available: Black and White
- 2 - Front mounted 92mm Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans, 1300 RPM speed (compatible with 80mm fans) – included
- 1 - Rear mounted 140mm Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fan, 1000 RPM speed (compatible with 120mm fans) – included
- Removable air filters for front fans and PSU
- Fan filter for graphics card
- 1 - fan controller for all 3 fans included
Retail package content:
- 2 - USB 3.0 (Internal 3.0 to 2.0 adapter included)
- 1 - 3.5mm audio in (microphone)
- 1 - 3.5mm audio out (headphone)
- Power button with LED
- HDD LED
- Node 304 computer case
- User manual
- Accessory box
- EAN/GTIN-13: 7350041080978
- UPC: 817301010979
- Product code: FD-CA-NODE-304-BL
From here on out, to be added to the list, just start your post off with "Add me
" in bold
and leave a picture of your Node
. I will get you added as soon as possible.Tips/Tricks:
- .theMetal - A smaller power supply works really well, but with some tinkering you can actually fit much bigger, modular supplies in this case with a long graphics card. Simply remove the power supply bracket (4 screws) and move the supply further from the graphics card then mount it down with velcro or two sided tape of some kind. Many of us have done this and it works well.
- .theMetal - Air cooling works well in the case. From what I've seen I'm almost positive any heat sink will fit in the case and fit is more determined by your itx motherboard than the case its self.
- Mopar63 - (Magnetic replacement gpu filter) The filter I am using is for the Corsair 400R but it fits perfectly. I have actually removed the filter provides by Fractal and use this one only and am having great results. I am seeing temp 3 to4c lower on my video card and it will allow some cards with 2.5 slot coolers to work where before they were loud.
- Front Audio/USB Problem - Some owners have seen issues with the front audio out causing strange noises (when moving mouse, when hard drives read, etc.) The problem is addressed here in this thread.
Basically, there is a problem on the board where the usb and audio out headers sit. To fix it, you take a razer and make a cut down to the copper on the board between the audio and usb ports like this:
Click for Image (Click to show)
Thanks to dithes, for talking with Fractal Design and getting a fix. Its reported by a few members to take care of the issue.
Here is another piece of info if the above does not work.
For anyone else who may be having a few unruly USB issues with the front sockets:
I spoke with Fractal about the problem after testing that my 3rd party extension worked fine and following their advice seems to have fixed it for me, was a little unsure at first though:
"on some motherboard the USB 3 + USB 2 Adapter Cable make an issue.
Maybe you cut of the USB 2 wire from the USB 2 / 3 Combo cable?
On some motherboard this fixed the issue."Click for Image (Click to show)
The above image was supplied by Fractal too who assured me: "If this dont fix you issue we can change the hole USB PCB + Cable" when I asked about voiding warranty etc.
Hope that helps, and good luck.
Thanks to sprucejuice for this information!!
If you any tips or tricks for the case, just let me know and I can add them to the list and give you credit. Recommended Equipment:
As more and more owners come through the thread, the question we see the most is will this power supply fit? So here is a list of the most threads most recommended equipment.
First off, the power supplies:
- Seasonic G-550
- Silverstone ST55F-G
I will continue to work on this list, but this is a start.More Pictures*:
Black Version Here (Click to show)
White Version Here (Click to show)
Unboxing of White version (Compliments of MetallicAcid**) (Click to show)
Signature: Official Fractal Design Node 304 Club
Edits/Notes (Click to show)
[CENTER][URL=https://www.overclock.net/t/1266342/fractal-design-node-304-owners-club/0_20#post_17415246]:clock: Official Fractal Design Node 304 Club :clock:[/URL][/CENTER]
7/6/13: I've taken over the thread to turn it from a new case thread to an actual owners club. I am open to suggestions, so please let me know if you have any comments or any thing else to add.
* All information and pictures are from Fractal Design website
**Credit for the unboxing photos of the White version goes to MetallicAcid. (Thanks for letting me use them! -.theMetal)