[Build Log] Fire Ant (Bitfenix Prodigy - Reference 670 - Apogee Drive II - Fully watercooled) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Fire Ant (Bitfenix Prodigy - Reference 670 - Apogee Drive II - Fully watercooled)

post #21 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavey00 View Post

I'm going to have to follow you on this build. I'm planning on a build with that exact board and GPU with a plan to water cool it. Would love to see what you end up with thumbsupsmiley.png

Nice!

Things should speed up a lot the next couple of days. Going to be a great weekend :-)

Should you have any questions, feel free to ask.

wheee.gifwheee.gifstun.gif Phase Change Owners Club stun.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 53)
I think my main concern is going to be lack of airflow over the board, so I'm probably going to ask about your board temps and if they are in a safe range. My build is going to be on a Lian Li T1 test bench, so it has litterally no case airflow but then again doesn't really have a case around it to hold heat. Going to have to remote mount the rads somewhere on my desk but that isn't so much a concern as the boards getting to warm.
post #23 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I think my main concern is going to be lack of airflow over the board, so I'm probably going to ask about your board temps and if they are in a safe range. My build is going to be on a Lian Li T1 test bench, so it has litterally no case airflow but then again doesn't really have a case around it to hold heat. Going to have to remote mount the rads somewhere on my desk but that isn't so much a concern as the boards getting to warm.

I see. As soon as the system is up and running, I'll do a temperature check for you :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks! Also, I see that you are doing some cable shortening on the PSU. Are you going to sleeve as well, because if you are going that far and with the theme you are going with I think it would be criminal not to! Very interested in how your cable shortening goes as well. I'm a bit scared to do that but it's almost necessary.
post #25 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Thanks! Also, I see that you are doing some cable shortening on the PSU. Are you going to sleeve as well, because if you are going that far and with the theme you are going with I think it would be criminal not to! Very interested in how your cable shortening goes as well. I'm a bit scared to do that but it's almost necessary.

If the cables in any way become a mess to look at, and I am VERY picky, when looking through the Window - then yes, I will shorten it and sleeve it. One of the advantages about using the Reference 670 and having no HDD bay is the amount of room I will have though. We will see :-)

post #26 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Awesome, good luck to you!
post #27 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Got home - Saw package left at backdoor - Got in - Yelled hello and vanished into "The lair".

Ripped box open - Ripped another box open - 8 minutes later Reference cooler is off and left in a corner to die.

Must say, they are leaving more "swag" in the boxes than what I am used too - Stickers, more stickers and a huge poster - Useless!

post #28 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 09:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Can't wait to see how much that shortens the length of that card as compared to the MB it's going on to. Loving the short PCB.
post #29 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Here you go, a naked Reference GTX 670 in all its splendor attached to the Mitx MB.

Will post as soon as the Waterblock for it, comes through the door - Shouldnt be long now.
But as you can see on the Watercool.de pictures I posted earlier, it does not add to the length or width (Just alot of weight, lol).

As I stated earlier, this combination will not exceed the motherboard tray at all - Giving me loads of room to play with regarding cable managment, radiator and fan (I already knew about this, hence why I ordered the Plexi 180 shroud from phobya to go between the fan and radiator).

post #30 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Excellent! Quite the chore trying to jam everything in on there huh?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in