[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 158 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1571 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 05:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ccRicers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,791
Rep: 72 (Unique: 66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

any reviews on this card yet?

i'm upgrading my SFF dell and heat and wattage and size are a concern.

https://www.overclock.net/t/1558261/gt-730-128bit-ddr3-vs-64-bit-gddr5-and-other-questions/10#post_23993174

so far so good it's running well with upgrades. maybe i should post pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreilicht View Post

Yeah I see those, they are on the wrong side as well! What am I missing here? Normally, the primary component part for PCIe cards is the underside for regular ATX and the topside for reverse ATX. Why is the card in your picture having all components on the top?

Well, he did say he is upgrading a Dell so it looks like he has an Optiplex and they have some funky motherboard layouts, his is backwards DTX.
ccRicers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1572 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 05:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ccRicers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,791
Rep: 72 (Unique: 66)
ccRicers is offline  
post #1573 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 10:18 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
cdoublejj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MO, USA
Posts: 10,379
Rep: 241 (Unique: 201)
and it's not half bad!!! i found a 65 watt core 2 quad for about $30 USD SHIPPED! the original dual core was 65 watts. i had 4gb of ddr2 800 i got for free. i dropped in a cheap ssd and 5tb hdd and an $11 usb 360 receiver. i have ventilated the case and replaced most of the capacitors in the power supply.


This slot does indeed go in to the PSU, it cut the PSU temps in half they had to be ATLEAST 90c the caps inside are rated for 105c and they all bulged and leaking. likely not purely due to temps but, also age. it was so hot the out case cover was warm to the touch and the air coming out was rather warm. now only luke war air comes out the slot the is right in front of one of the internal PSU heat sinks so think that is why it helps so well.








i found where that black missing screw i forgot to reinstall goes! biggrin.gif i also need a VGA cover for the old VGA connector.

i just need a GT 730 or GTX 750 Ti, also wanna embed the wireless controller receiver. cpu never seems to go about high 40s or 50c tops. HDD never really seems to get more than luke warm.

Alienware M17x-R4
(18 items)
Core 2 Haf
(12 items)
CPU
i7-3920XM
GPU
GTX980M
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB Model F3-1866C10Q-32GRSL
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 5400 RPM 1TB
Hard Drive
ODD Conversion w/ White Label 2TB
Hard Drive
Empty / Free Bay
Optical Drive
Converted External USB
Power Supply
Dell 330 Watt Brick
Cooling
M14x R2 10 CFM CPU fan
Cooling
Liquid Metal Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 /w Telemetry Block
Monitor
1080p 120Hz eDP
Monitor
Sony FW900 @ 2304 x 1440 @ 80hz
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse I
Mouse
Logitech G500s
Other
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 w/ BT
Other
iGPU disable / bypass
CPU
Q8002S
GPU
GTX 750 Ti
RAM
DDR2 800 Kingston
CPU
C2Q Q9550
Motherboard
ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 4GB Classified
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G
RAM
PNY 1333
Hard Drive
55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB
Power Supply
TX750
Cooling
Corsair H80
Case
Haf 912
Operating System
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
Operating System
Lubuntu 16.04 x64
Monitor
Dual 1600x1200 Dell m993s @ 70hz
▲ hide details ▲
cdoublejj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1574 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 05:24 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Jimbags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Darwin Australia
Posts: 3,306
Rep: 83 (Unique: 73)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

and it's not half bad!!! i found a 65 watt core 2 quad for about $30 USD SHIPPED! the original dual core was 65 watts. i had 4gb of ddr2 800 i got for free. i dropped in a cheap ssd and 5tb hdd and an $11 usb 360 receiver. i have ventilated the case and replaced most of the capacitors in the power supply.


This slot does indeed go in to the PSU, it cut the PSU temps in half they had to be ATLEAST 90c the caps inside are rated for 105c and they all bulged and leaking. likely not purely due to temps but, also age. it was so hot the out case cover was warm to the touch and the air coming out was rather warm. now only luke war air comes out the slot the is right in front of one of the internal PSU heat sinks so think that is why it helps so well.








i found where that black missing screw i forgot to reinstall goes! biggrin.gif i also need a VGA cover for the old VGA connector.

i just need a GT 730 or GTX 750 Ti, also wanna embed the wireless controller receiver. cpu never seems to go about high 40s or 50c tops. HDD never really seems to get more than luke warm.
I love it. Re-purposing older prebuilts can be a very cheap way to get a decent pc now. Some of the cases and mobo layouts are awesome too, especially for a SFF build.


Jimbags is offline  
post #1575 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 07:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
iFreilicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,189
Rep: 29 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccRicers View Post


Well, he did say he is upgrading a Dell so it looks like he has an Optiplex and they have some funky motherboard layouts, his is backwards DTX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

and it's not half bad!!! i found a 65 watt core 2 quad for about $30 USD SHIPPED! the original dual core was 65 watts. i had 4gb of ddr2 800 i got for free. i dropped in a cheap ssd and 5tb hdd and an $11 usb 360 receiver. i have ventilated the case and replaced most of the capacitors in the power supply.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This slot does indeed go in to the PSU, it cut the PSU temps in half they had to be ATLEAST 90c the caps inside are rated for 105c and they all bulged and leaking. likely not purely due to temps but, also age. it was so hot the out case cover was warm to the touch and the air coming out was rather warm. now only luke war air comes out the slot the is right in front of one of the internal PSU heat sinks so think that is why it helps so well.







i found where that black missing screw i forgot to reinstall goes! biggrin.gif i also need a VGA cover for the old VGA connector.

i just need a GT 730 or GTX 750 Ti, also wanna embed the wireless controller receiver. cpu never seems to go about high 40s or 50c tops. HDD never really seems to get more than luke warm.

Ah, it seems like the picture I saw previously was mirrored left to right, that's where my confusion came from smile.gif

I wonder why all of these low profile GPUs don't have the DVI slot on the ribbon cable and use HDMI and DisplayPort on the main bracket. It's not like it would limit you in any way, they could even pack a second ribbon cable that allows a regular VGA port. And the 750 Ti would definitely benefit from DP in some cases, especially when you want to drive a multi-monitor setup from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbags View Post

I love it. Re-purposing older prebuilts can be a very cheap way to get a decent pc now. Some of the cases and mobo layouts are awesome too, especially for a SFF build.

If you quote a post with pictures, please mark that part of it in the editor and then press the speech-bubble icon at the top. That way the pictures will get collapsed in a spoiler element, which makes the thread easier to read and scroll through.
iFreilicht is offline  
post #1576 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
cdoublejj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MO, USA
Posts: 10,379
Rep: 241 (Unique: 201)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreilicht View Post


Ah, it seems like the picture I saw previously was mirrored left to right, that's where my confusion came from smile.gif

I wonder why all of these low profile GPUs don't have the DVI slot on the ribbon cable and use HDMI and DisplayPort on the main bracket. It's not like it would limit you in any way, they could even pack a second ribbon cable that allows a regular VGA port. And the 750 Ti would definitely benefit from DP in some cases, especially when you want to drive a multi-monitor setup from it.
If you quote a post with pictures, please mark that part of it in the editor and then press the speech-bubble icon at the top. That way the pictures will get collapsed in a spoiler element, which makes the thread easier to read and scroll through.

well i've already used the VGA port st least one location. since it's small i take it places. it's my 2nd steam box, runs win 7 with kodi, steam big picture and joy2key. i may just have to get the 750 ti and if doesn't fit put it the living room htpc/steam box and take the gt640 out and use it or sell it and get a single slot gt730.

Alienware M17x-R4
(18 items)
Core 2 Haf
(12 items)
CPU
i7-3920XM
GPU
GTX980M
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB Model F3-1866C10Q-32GRSL
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 5400 RPM 1TB
Hard Drive
ODD Conversion w/ White Label 2TB
Hard Drive
Empty / Free Bay
Optical Drive
Converted External USB
Power Supply
Dell 330 Watt Brick
Cooling
M14x R2 10 CFM CPU fan
Cooling
Liquid Metal Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 /w Telemetry Block
Monitor
1080p 120Hz eDP
Monitor
Sony FW900 @ 2304 x 1440 @ 80hz
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse I
Mouse
Logitech G500s
Other
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 w/ BT
Other
iGPU disable / bypass
CPU
Q8002S
GPU
GTX 750 Ti
RAM
DDR2 800 Kingston
CPU
C2Q Q9550
Motherboard
ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 4GB Classified
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G
RAM
PNY 1333
Hard Drive
55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB
Power Supply
TX750
Cooling
Corsair H80
Case
Haf 912
Operating System
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
Operating System
Lubuntu 16.04 x64
Monitor
Dual 1600x1200 Dell m993s @ 70hz
▲ hide details ▲
cdoublejj is offline  
post #1577 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 05:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Allanitomwesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nairobi,Kenya
Posts: 1,638
Rep: 52 (Unique: 35)
Corsair have a SFX PSU with a 92mm fan made by High Power. It's bundled with their Bulldog barebones ITX kit but will be available separately at some point.

Good things come to those who wait.
Allanitomwesh is offline  
post #1578 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 06:16 AM
8.2 liters
 
WiSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 5,566
Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh View Post

Corsair have a SFX PSU with a 92mm fan made by High Power. It's bundled with their Bulldog barebones ITX kit but will be available separately at some point.

Do you have a source for the claim that the OEM is high power?


WiSK is offline  
post #1579 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 06:22 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Mack42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

Do you have a source for the claim that the OEM is high power?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-sf600-sfx-psu,29317.html
Mack42 is offline  
post #1580 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 AM
8.2 liters
 
WiSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 5,566
Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
WiSK is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off