[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 174 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1731 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 04:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
tabascosauz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 213
Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
I picked up a D9L, thought photos of it in an actual build might be of interest to somebody here. It is indeed shorter than the U9S and U9B and feels less cumbersome to install in a small case. Installing a second fan like I have is easier on the D9L than the U9B. Cools better too, actually tames my 4790K at 80°C and is stable at 72°C with the extra NF-B9 in OCCT. My U9B can't do this without going to 84°C and causing OCCT to stop.





Also picked up a 500GB 850 EVO. All storage is solid state and ready for the plane trip! wheee.gif
tabascosauz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1732 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 12:12 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Six-Strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 403
Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
So good to see a computer that has just as messy cable management as mine. wink.gif
Six-Strings is offline  
post #1733 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fricks Muffin Jar
Posts: 5,073
it doesnt seem that messy imo


kyismaster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1734 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 09:12 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
akromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,649
Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
updated my metis build and have it under water





do forgive my poor cable efforts

akromatic is offline  
post #1735 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 09:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
tabascosauz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 213
Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-Strings View Post

So good to see a computer that has just as messy cable management as mine. wink.gif

Any cleaner is not physically possible. H81I has all its connectors lined up at the top of the board. The PSU is not modular and is ATX.
tabascosauz is offline  
post #1736 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
akromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,649
Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascosauz View Post

Any cleaner is not physically possible. H81I has all its connectors lined up at the top of the board. The PSU is not modular and is ATX.

idk i actually hid all my PSU cables under the 3.5" drive bay and thats with the stock 600w PSU with my SG08. my SG05 however is a cable nightmare. pity i didnt take any photos to show you that

akromatic is offline  
post #1737 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 12:51 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
tabascosauz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 213
Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

idk i actually hid all my PSU cables under the 3.5" drive bay and thats with the stock 600w PSU with my SG08. my SG05 however is a cable nightmare. pity i didnt take any photos to show you that

Did you use the H81I?

My PSU is all stiff ribbon cable. I've tried putting the cables thru the empty 3.5 bay (the front panel ones already are snug under the mobo) but it still has to come out the end; the 24-pin has to go somewhere. In the end there's always a wall consisting of SATA, USB and 24-pin on that side. CPU 4 pin is smack in the middle of the board. I can try shoving the unused ones in the 3.5 bay if that's what you mean.
tabascosauz is offline  
post #1738 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
akromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,649
Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascosauz View Post

Did you use the H81I?

My PSU is all stiff ribbon cable. I've tried putting the cables thru the empty 3.5 bay (the front panel ones already are snug under the mobo) but it still has to come out the end; the 24-pin has to go somewhere. In the end there's always a wall consisting of SATA, USB and 24-pin on that side. CPU 4 pin is smack in the middle of the board. I can try shoving the unused ones in the 3.5 bay if that's what you mean.

nope but Z77E and H67N

stiff ribbon should be easier then round cables. my psu is non modular that came with the sg08. what i did was remove the 3.5" drive cage and route all the cable though it between the front panel, shoved all the extra length inside the 3.5" cage.

akromatic is offline  
post #1739 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 01:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
tabascosauz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 213
Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

nope but Z77E and H67N

stiff ribbon should be easier then round cables. my psu is non modular that came with the sg08. what i did was remove the 3.5" drive cage and route all the cable though it between the front panel, shoved all the extra length inside the 3.5" cage.

I think I improved things a bit by putting as much unused cable in the empty 3.5" cage but the problem remains with the board. SATA, USB3 and 24-pin form a literal wall on the other side.
tabascosauz is offline  
post #1740 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 05:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
akromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,649
Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
my H67N is literally walled on 1 side as well

akromatic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off