Rosewill U2
Tinted window (20% auto tint)
5" brushed satin nickel handle
Corsair AF140 white led intake fan
Corsair AF120 white led exhaust fan
2 ports for WiFi antenna below psu

To do:
Remount 2x drives from bottom of case.

Nice, I like the handle. Is it sturdy enough to carry the weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaniis View Post

I just built an ATX-case but in a small form factor.

Waiting for another 980Ti and a hardened glass sidepanel.

@Svaniis@CynicalUnicorn
What are the exact dimensions?
I don't think the measurements are exact whole numbers. You should measure again wink.gif *wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by .theMetal View Post

My new tiny project. I buddy of mine gave me one of this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131635

and one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165041

I also have a 64 gig Crucial M4 and a 4 gig stick of ram.

Here are pics:

Before, when I was dusting:

I gutted it, took out the built in power supply and put the newer board in:

I'm going to put steamos on here and just tinker basically. Might throw a bigger drive in and use it as a simple file server.

I am wondering what kind of gpu I can throw in. The case has a pcie riser and a single slot for a card. I think the power brick is only 65 watts?

I don't care to run new games, at most left for dead 2 on low. (our usual lan party game)

The asus board uses 38 watts max according to tweaktown, so integrated display or an apu might be the best you can use. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3479/asus_at3iont_i_deluxe_nvidia_ion_motherboard/index11.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

Okay, thread, I need to crowdsource brain power and Google-Fu. I remember seeing about a year ago a mini ITX LGA-1366 board. I can't remember who made it unfortunately, but if I remember correctly, it used three SO-DIMMs for tri-channel memory. I think it was an Asian company? One with about zero presence in the West anyway. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Yeah, like wiretap said, it was probably a shuttle custom dtx board

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1852 of 2861 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:01 AM
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)

Rep: 176 (Unique: 137)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts View Post

Nice, I like the handle. Is it sturdy enough to carry the weight?
@Svaniis@CynicalUnicorn
What are the exact dimensions?
I don't think the measurements are exact whole numbers. You should measure again wink.gif *wink*
The asus board uses 38 watts max according to tweaktown, so integrated display or an apu might be the best you can use. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3479/asus_at3iont_i_deluxe_nvidia_ion_motherboard/index11.html
Yeah, like wiretap said, it was probably a shuttle custom dtx board

This board smile.gif

https://www.overclock.net/t/1304413/build-log-of-unobtainable-x79-and-crossfire-in-a-white-bitfenix-prodigy

post #1853 of 2861 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
@Smanci Thank you! Yeah, I've tried the drives on the bottom before, but I just didn't care for the temps I was getting. The gpu ran about 10c+ hotter with that config. That's why I got this 3.5->2x2.5 drive bracket. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817998226. It is one of only a couple of brackets that have the proper bottom mounting holes of 3.5 drives so I was able to mount them on that front fan/drive bracket. Too bad I still couldn't use it on the bottom, there just isn't enough room with a gpu. frown.gif

@NFSxperts Thanks! Yes, I haven't had a problem with the weight and it is super sturdy. The top doesn't bow out or anything and feels nice and solid. I take my compy with me out and about sometimes and I clean it up frequently since it doesn't have any filters, makes it much easier to move.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1854 of 2861 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 11:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts 
Have you considered the SilverStone SG13? Aluminum cases with no front intake have problems removing heat from the case so temps get quite toasty inside.

Just ordered the Sharkoon SHARK ZONE C10 for only 27€ (=30,22$) incl. shipping. Its a second-hand item, but i think for this low price (around half of normal price) it is a good deal.
2x120mm & 1x80mm (maybe fit a 92mm Fan) Fans and up to 150mm high CPU-Coolers should be good enough to keep it cool.

I will post some pictures when i got it.
post #1855 of 2861 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 11:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Leopold- View Post

Just ordered the Sharkoon SHARK ZONE C10 for only 27€ (=30,22$) incl. shipping. Its a second-hand item, but i think for this low price (around half of normal price) it is a good deal.
2x120mm & 1x80mm (maybe fit a 92mm Fan) Fans and up to 150mm high CPU-Coolers should be good enough to keep it cool.

I will post some pictures when i got it.

I have the other sharkoon case based on the same chassis, its a pretty good case.
post #1856 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 01:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thank you, very nice to hear that biggrin.gif
post #1857 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 04:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

The Sharkoon arrived - can i join the club again biggrin.gif?

Here are some Pictures:

All dust filters are glued

Includes an SFX-Adapter

Looks very tight in here :S.

It also fits 92mm-Fans

post #1858 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 08:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 62)
Quote:

It also fits 92mm-Fans

Here is a good place to fit a 2.5" hard drive, be it a laptop drive (WD do a 2TB green which is great for any sff build) or a SSD.
post #1859 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

I like the motherboard placed on the carpet. Livin' dangerously. thumb.gif
Isn't that what the motherboard box is for?
Something to set the board on while you test things and for storing those extra cables you're never actually going to use?

post #1860 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:

Here are some Pictures:

Very nice. Did the previous owner glue the dust filters? The SFX bracket is better than the ones silverStone include with their PSUs since its offset to the side.
Is this a new build or will you move the hardware from the Chieftec?

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in