[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 191 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #1901 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 62)
Definitely reccomend the C1 cooler its great, just install the ram and cooler before the mobo goes in the case!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1902 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Canada Goose Puncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemdoom View Post

What case di you use? Pictures?

Mini-box M350. It's currently in pieces, so have a stock photo:

(Source)

Also I don't even have a tracking number yet (thanks Newegg!). With some mods, I think it's possible to have thin mITX plus a GPU in there, but for the time being I'm not going to experiment. "Keep it simple, stupid" is advice I should follow more often lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBadBull View Post
someone sig this

post #1903 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 11:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 22)
I can really recommend the NH-L9i for lower wattage CPUs of 45W or even lower, maybe it would work for 65W and higher as well, but running Prime95 on that will certainly make it spin up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1904 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

dont discount the zigmatek preaton

http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=136

this ziggy is amazing and cheap too when i got it. it tames my 100w 7850k and 5800k AMD where most other solutions fail and you can mount a regular thick 92mm fan if you dont prefer a slim fan
I have the newer LD963 with 3 heatpipes which supposedly handles 115W, but I found that small heatsinks can't handle full loads running 24/7.
Usually very low profile heatsinks are used in very small cases without direct access to fresh air and ends up reusing the hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaniis View Post

My new aluminium came today, this is the side-panel for the new case. Thought i would give you a tease. wink.gif

Is that a new scratch made case? Got any more pics? its just a square panel tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffieneKing View Post

Definitely reccomend the C1 cooler its great, just install the ram and cooler before the mobo goes in the case!

Is the C7 really that good? The price is hard to justify thou, for a little bit more you can get a huge dual tower which has alot more materials and 2 fans.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #1905 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 12:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts View Post

I have the newer LD963 with 3 heatpipes which supposedly handles 115W, but I found that small heatsinks can't handle full loads running 24/7.
Usually very low profile heatsinks are used in very small cases without direct access to fresh air and ends up reusing the hot air.
Is that a new scratch made case? Got any more pics? its just a square panel tongue.gif
Is the C7 really that good? The price is hard to justify thou, for a little bit more you can get a huge dual tower which has alot more materials and 2 fans.

the LD963 is actually older, the 964 is the newer one with 4 heat pipes. still my 3 heatpipe ones tamed my 7850k rather well and thats full loads 24/7

i have it in my ISK110 and an SG05

post #1906 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 12:59 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 121 (Unique: 94)
Quote:

:O You pay for the size. tongue.gif

post #1907 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

the LD963 is actually older, the 964 is the newer one with 4 heat pipes. still my 3 heatpipe ones tamed my 7850k rather well and thats full loads 24/7

i have it in my ISK110 and an SG05

I thought so too, until I read this on the LD963 page
http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=177
Quote:
The Xigmatek PRAETON LD963 is an intelligent evolution of the original LD964 design.

I had a 963 in a jonsbo C2 cooling a 95w cpu and it caused everything else to heat up including the psu connectors
Given identical specs, I would think cpu temps would be better in the isk100 than in the sg05 since it draws air directly from the outside.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #1908 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 01:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
Quote:

I thought so too, until I read this on the LD963 page
http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=177
I had a 963 in a jonsbo C2 cooling a 95w cpu and it caused everything else to heat up including the psu connectors
Given identical specs, I would think cpu temps would be better in the isk100 than in the sg05 since it draws air directly from the outside.

i think the fan, the rpm used and the case ventilation plays a part.

initially had had some problems with my 5800k in an ISK100 using a 120mm slim scythe but thats because i wasnt able to expel the heat out of the case with that sort of static pressure. so i had to be abit creative in shoving some 40mm fans in the case.

stock fan and a 92mm slim noctua does pretty well on my 7850k in an ISK110. stock fan cooled slightly better but noctua was far quieter. temps was reasonable and certainly better then the noctua L9 that others have attempted with.

in my SG05 since i have another one left over as spare, it never got beyond 70c with a i5 3450 that has been +4bin overclocked. fan was inverted to blow into the PSU though and im using a full ATX PSU.

i think the SG05 cooled far better then the ISK because the heatsink gets plenty of air from the from 120mm intake and it doesnt have to work extra hard to force ventilate the hot air because the PSU fan takes care of it.

btw what CPU were you trying to cool in your jonsbo? i think the issue with the jonsbo is that it doesnt have/ poorly located an intake fan that the heatsink starves for air given the case volume. simply not enough air moving around so heat gets trapped and depending if you have the PSU facing inside or outside it probably couldnt ventilate the heat properly due to the lack of top vents (if relying on convection)

oh to add on to your list of coolers i can recommend the scythe samurai zz if you dont mine something slightly taller then the rest but like the xigmatek preaton will have no compatibility issues regardless of CPU socket placement(even if its smacked right next to the PCIe slot) or ram height.

the deepcool gabriel is also a rather decent cooler for its price considering i have one cooling an AMD FX 8 core

post #1909 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourcore9brker View Post

:O You pay for the size. tongue.gif

This. It's still probably about the same cooling capacity of a hyper 212 but takes up so little room so great for itx cases.
post #1910 of 2861 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 04:15 PM
Canada Goose Puncher

Teaser for now. I have to edit out some serial numbers. rolleyes.gif But to get a sense of scale, here's the case and the box the motherboard came in:

It's a bit on the small side.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBadBull View Post
someone sig this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in