[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 210 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2091 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
NicolasTMills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 22
Rep: 0
My lian li PC-Q21B

i5 4440
h97m/ac itx
8gb 1600mhz
silverstone sfx 450 modular
1tb hdd blue

and the weekend buy gtx 750 ti
after more photos tongue.gif

https://imgur.com/a/cnvHC
NicolasTMills is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2092 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 07:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
AboutThreeFitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
S4 by NFC Systems is available for pre-order. (Starting at $150)




http://nfc-systems.com/shop/s4-mini-chassis

AboutThreeFitty is offline  
post #2093 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 08:36 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ivoryg37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 923
Rep: 19 (Unique: 19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutThreeFitty View Post

S4 by NFC Systems is available for pre-order. (Starting at $150)




http://nfc-systems.com/shop/s4-mini-chassis

Man, I wish I knew about this case before I bought the Lone Industries one. This case seems like it may be able to push a pretty good small GPU. May have to sell my L3 to get this lol
ivoryg37 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2094 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
frack0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 271
Rep: 23 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryg37 View Post

Man, I wish I knew about this case before I bought the Lone Industries one. This case seems like it may be able to push a pretty good small GPU. May have to sell my L3 to get this lol

Ah man, just ordered one, my uSFF case collection grows by about one per year. Seems like the LP GPU selection has dropped to almost nothing since the 750Ti came out. Plus I still have a 250W HD Plex to use up.
frack0 is offline  
post #2095 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:35 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ivoryg37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 923
Rep: 19 (Unique: 19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frack0 View Post

Ah man, just ordered one, my uSFF case collection grows by about one per year. Seems like the LP GPU selection has dropped to almost nothing since the 750Ti came out. Plus I still have a 250W HD Plex to use up.

I definitely feel you on this one lol. I have too many cases now that I'm in the hobby of building SFF builds lol. I still haven't even used the GEEEKMax case I purchased a couple of weeks ago yet and already want this case lol.
ivoryg37 is offline  
post #2096 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 10:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
frack0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 271
Rep: 23 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryg37 View Post

I definitely feel you on this one lol. I have too many cases now that I'm in the hobby of building SFF builds lol. I still haven't even used the GEEEKMax case I purchased a couple of weeks ago yet and already want this case lol.

Yeah, I'm actually more like2 per year, but this one will fit under my new monitor nicely.
frack0 is offline  
post #2097 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 01:41 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ccRicers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,791
Rep: 72 (Unique: 66)
I don't care much about low profile GPUs as I do about the single slot GPUs. With Maxwell there is a big possibility for single-slot coolers in mid-level GPUs again, but the few manufacturers that make them (for the 750 Ti especially) aren't distributing them in my country.

This case looks pretty cool for a thin mini ITX system. Anyone used it? The board goes upside down so it gets air cooled from the bottom. The design looks simple too. I could make a similar, slightly taller case to fit a thin ITX board and a single slot PCIe card.
ccRicers is offline  
post #2098 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Canada Goose Puncher
 
CynicalUnicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Extra-west Virginia
Posts: 9,126
So, uh, the M350? Can't say I dislike it.

That said. Man does it get hot. I hooked up the 40mm fans to a USB header so they don't sound like jet engines, but I could probably burn myself if I touch it for more than a few seconds. Also the APU is a bit eh. Tried playing Lost Planet (DX9 version, no idea if the DX10 version runs better) at 900p. Can't even sustain 60FPS when enough particles are on-screen at once. Payday 2 runs at 20-30FPS on mediumish settings. I suppose this isn't unexpected, but these aren't the most intense games in the world either.

It does handle Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 on max settings though, lol. And it can browse the Internet and handle LibreOffice like a champ, so it's a 10/10 mobile build.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBadBull View Post
someone sig this


CynicalUnicorn is offline  
post #2099 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 11:30 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
-Leopold-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 144
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I wonder if the Scythe Kozuti is powerful enough to cool my Athlon X4 860K when i mount the PSU like this:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038783796&postcount=640
-Leopold- is offline  
post #2100 of 2861 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
AliNT77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 278
Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

So, uh, the M350? Can't say I dislike it.

That said. Man does it get hot. I hooked up the 40mm fans to a USB header so they don't sound like jet engines, but I could probably burn myself if I touch it for more than a few seconds. Also the APU is a bit eh. Tried playing Lost Planet (DX9 version, no idea if the DX10 version runs better) at 900p. Can't even sustain 60FPS when enough particles are on-screen at once. Payday 2 runs at 20-30FPS on mediumish settings. I suppose this isn't unexpected, but these aren't the most intense games in the world either.

It does handle Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 on max settings though, lol. And it can browse the Internet and handle LibreOffice like a champ, so it's a 10/10 mobile build.
Dont forget about steam-in-home-streaming

Man i love this feature on my laptop(that connected to my TV)
AliNT77 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off