[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 214 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2131 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
bobfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,851
Rep: 254 (Unique: 221)
that case is on the OP post and is on like the first line. imo it is an awesome case. but its only compatible with only like 5 boards. case was kinda expensive considering the size but it's pretty sweet.

also the power brick is probably half the size of the case tongue.gif


bobfig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2132 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
iFreilicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,189
Rep: 29 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

You can make systems so small that it's just stupid with thin mITX. As much as like that little thing, I have to wonder if we've gone too far. wink.gif

As if that was actually possible tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

that case is on the OP post and is on like the first line. imo it is an awesome case. but its only compatible with only like 5 boards. case was kinda expensive considering the size but it's pretty sweet.

also the power brick is probably half the size of the case tongue.gif

Seven at the moment (4 Gigabyte, 2 ASUS, 1 ASRock, not counting the one from Intel you installed) and probably eight or nine once Gigabyte releases their H170 and Z170 thin mITX boards. But yes, the market is small, the limitations are plenty, so only a few manufacturers even try to conquer it.
iFreilicht is offline  
post #2133 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
NFSxperts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 793
Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

Here's my little power house:

CPU - Intel i3 3240T
MB - Intel DQ77KB
Ram - 4gb left over stick from laptop
Case - SilverStone PT13
Cooler - SilverStone AR04
HDD - 120gb old laptop drive - wanna add a msata drive if i do give to parents
PSU - random 90w laptop brick


What are you using it for?
I remember wiretap has one as a firewall. Something that small is good for hiding behind the sofa.
It's also the smallest case that's not a NUC.




As for the poll results for the cooler, I found the results to be interesting.
Cryorig C1 in first place (even though I haven't seen them used much in builds), followed by the Scythe Big Shuriken 2B, and then the Noctua NH-L9i.
The CoolerMaster Gemin II M4 isn't very good as I expected.

The conclusion I got is that the C7 has the best performance, the Big Shuriken 2B is the best budget all rounder and the Noctua L9 is the most suitable for small cases.
I also think the very low profile coolers with fans smaller than 120mm are best suited for builds with no dedicated gpu and with direct fresh air.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>


NFSxperts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2134 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
bobfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,851
Rep: 254 (Unique: 221)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts View Post

What are you using it for?
I remember wiretap has one as a firewall. Something that small is good for hiding behind the sofa.
It's also the smallest case that's not a NUC.




As for the poll results for the cooler, I found the results to be interesting.
Cryorig C1 in first place (even though I haven't seen them used much in builds), followed by the Scythe Big Shuriken 2B, and then the Noctua NH-L9i.
The CoolerMaster Gemin II M4 isn't very good as I expected.

The conclusion I got is that the C7 has the best performance, the Big Shuriken 2B is the best budget all rounder and the Noctua L9 is the most suitable for small cases.
I also think the very low profile coolers with fans smaller than 120mm are best suited for builds with no dedicated gpu and with direct fresh air.


at the moment nothing much. i do have pfsense on it with snort and squid with clamav. plan was for a router as soon as i feel like its stable but im just playing with it every once and a while. iif i get board with it i may give it to my parents with a msata ssd in it so it would be an upgrade for them.


bobfig is offline  
post #2135 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 10:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Jimbags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Darwin Australia
Posts: 3,306
Rep: 83 (Unique: 73)
Ill try check my htpc powerdraw tonight for anyone wondering.
i5 2500 (non k)
750ti
1 stick 4Gb 1600mhz crucial
1x 250Gb SSD
1x WD black 2Tb
Slim bluray/dvd combo
2x 60mm fans
Seasonic flexATX 350w Gold psu
Just for the guy wondering about powerdraw with a decent-ish gpu previous page.


Jimbags is offline  
post #2136 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 03:23 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Smanci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,693
Rep: 75 (Unique: 64)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbags View Post

Ill try check my htpc powerdraw tonight for anyone wondering.
i5 2500 (non k)
750ti
1 stick 4Gb 1600mhz crucial
1x 250Gb SSD
1x WD black 2Tb
Slim bluray/dvd combo
2x 60mm fans
Seasonic flexATX 350w Gold psu
Just for the guy wondering about powerdraw with a decent-ish gpu previous page.

Should be around 130-160W at full tilt, from the wall.

Smanci is offline  
post #2137 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 05:00 AM
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,088
Rep: 176 (Unique: 137)
Duality92 is offline  
post #2138 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 05:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Six-Strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 403
Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
I've been out of the loop a bit, are there any cases now that support a true single slot GTX 750 ti, like the KFA2 to get the size down?
Something below 7-8 litres?
Six-Strings is offline  
post #2139 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Jimbags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Darwin Australia
Posts: 3,306
Rep: 83 (Unique: 73)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-Strings View Post

I've been out of the loop a bit, are there any cases now that support a true single slot GTX 750 ti, like the KFA2 to get the size down?
Something below 7-8 litres?
I think the kfa is actually 1.5 slot?
I have thd galaxy slim oc. Might be same card..


Jimbags is offline  
post #2140 of 2861 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:36 AM
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,088
Rep: 176 (Unique: 137)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbags View Post

I think the kfa is actually 1.5 slot?
I have thd galaxy slim oc. Might be same card..

KFA2 is the same as Galax/Galaxy, KFA2 is European and Galaxy is NA


Duality92 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off