[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 225 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #2241 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryg37 View Post

I finally started trying to get my geeekmax case build put together but for some reason the motherboard won't line up with the motherboard standoff when I have the I/O shield on. It lines up perfectly fine without it and as soon as I place the I/O shield in, Only one bottom and one top screw will line up. I may have to rethink this build with a new motherboard and waterblock. The acrylic has some small stress fracture where the standoffs are from the weight of the waterblock I wanted to use for this build lol

EDIT: Tried a second motherboard and it doesn't line up when an I/O panel is attached either. No clue I guess my back panel is defective or something. I guess I'll just use this case for plex. Glad I didn't break the bank on this case

Your IO panel is probably made of flexible material, just push a bit on your motherboard, I had the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2242 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by willemdoom View Post

Your IO panel is probably made of flexible material, just push a bit on your motherboard, I had the same problem.

I actually pushed as hard as I could. It fits on all my other cases fine but just has problems with this case. I'm going to take another try later.
post #2243 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 73)
Quote:

I actually pushed as hard as I could. It fits on all my other cases fine but just has problems with this case. I'm going to take another try later.
Is the case assembled correctly? Could you slacken some screws holding the case together, get mobo in the re-tighten

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2244 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 03:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbags View Post

Is the case assembled correctly? Could you slacken some screws holding the case together, get mobo in the re-tighten

The case is assembled correctly but I finally got it to work. The trick was to remove the back panel and set the motherboard on the stands then put the back piece back on to the case. It seems the screw holes on the back panel is a few mm off since its just a universal hole thats way bigger than the screw. Since I didn't have the motherboard attached, I just aligned the hole perfectly to the case. However , to make it work the back panel had to be offset a little but the screws still screws in fine. thumb.gif

Now I can finally get back to planning for this case. Just random part I put in for test fitting
post #2245 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:

The case is assembled correctly but I finally got it to work. The trick was to remove the back panel and set the motherboard on the stands then put the back piece back on to the case. It seems the screw holes on the back panel is a few mm off since its just a universal hole thats way bigger than the screw. Since I didn't have the motherboard attached, I just aligned the hole perfectly to the case. However , to make it work the back panel had to be offset a little but the screws still screws in fine. thumb.gif

Now I can finally get back to planning for this case. Just random part I put in for test fitting

Good to hear thumb.gif
post #2246 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 10:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 232 (Unique: 167)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post

Gigabyte Brix with custom case and watercooling, roughly 2 litres in volume. Everything metal is hand made, watercooling customized from various bits I've collected over the years.

Thats one of the nicest SFF PC i think i have ever seen.

post #2247 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 01:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 66)
Quote:

Now I can finally get back to planning for this case. Just random part I put in for test fitting Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looks good so far. I forgot that this case could fit a 10 inch GPU. And nice to see that Z77 board even today with its full cover block. I really liked mine before I upgraded.
post #2248 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 10:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Finally, my Low Profile CPU-Cooler arrived yesterday (Silverstone Argon AR-05), so i started to put my new hardware in this tiny case (9.6L). The case only offers a single pci slot, so i had to mod it a little bit. I simply cut a hole in the back to mount the PSU above the CPU-Cooler.

Cablemanagement of Doom tongue.gif

Lets see how toasty it gets - looking around for a small case with a better Airflow smile.gif

Hardware:

Mainboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+
CPU: AMD Athlon x4 860K, Black Edition
GPU: Club 3D Radeon R7 260X royalQueen, 2.048MB GDDR5 RAM
RAM: 2x 4.096MB G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3, 1.600MHz
PSU: be quiet! SFX Power 2, 300W Bronze
CPU-Cooler: Silverstone Argon AR-05
post #2249 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 09:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post

Thank you!

Not in English, but it's mainly just pictures in this overview anyway: http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/13511-laines-luna

Full log with details: http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1356554-laines-luna

Ah thank you, that helped understand how everything works and fits together. I really like how you recessed the fan in the radiator, that's very space-efficient!

One last question, if you don't mind: How were you able to make all the cuts and holes you did look so good? I see you drilled them out first, but after that, were you just using elbow-grease and a file, a Dremel, or some other equipment.
post #2250 of 2861 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 11:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Anyone know how hot the south/north bridge gets? I removed my Asus z77 itx to test fit my waterblock for my geeekmax build and while I had it off. I removed all the pink gunk that was under there. I have some spare 1mm thermal pad from my EK waterblock. Would this be enough to replace that pink stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in