[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 45 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #441 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 02:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh View Post

lay it flat with the sg05 on top of it. I want an impression of width and depth as a HTPC

Also interested if case can support weight of 20"+ TFT monitor?

Even though SG05 takes up less desk space, I was considering ML07 directly under monitor. Unless it's better in a vertical position so both GPU and CPU vents have no obstructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #442 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 11:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

The only Mac Pro that's cheaper is when you've spec'ed everything to the top choice. If you do the video cards to the second from top choice, but keep everything else top, they are 1800$ over an identical windows PC, and 1900$ over a Linux machine.
Exactly. You have to exploit the gpu deal to see any value.Otherwise...
Quote:
And yes, the rvz01 is a neat-ish case. I'll elaborate more on the case with more photos when I get home in about 5 hours.
awesome

Good things come to those who wait.
post #443 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 187 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh View Post

lay it flat with the sg05 on top of it. I want an impression of width and depth as a HTPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthe View Post

Also interested if case can support weight of 20"+ TFT monitor?

Even though SG05 takes up less desk space, I was considering ML07 directly under monitor. Unless it's better in a vertical position so both GPU and CPU vents have no obstructions.

Updated photos as per requests, and a mini review of the case later this afternoon, I need to head to bed.

This is the side that would be the top with the case in a horizontal position, notice the location of the fan opening.

And this side is the bottom in a horizontal position, there are 2-120mm intake positions that blow directly onto the GPU position, and a smaller vent for the psu intake.

@Allanitomwesh I hope that's what you were looking for. biggrin.gif

@Anthe I did set my 24" Dell U2410 on top of the case as it was laying horizontal, it does fine with this, BUT, your monitor stand may cover some of the air vent that is there on that side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #444 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 02:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Suddenly really really want the ML07. Great pics @Jimhans1
I may move into this as I upgrade...unless the FT03 Mini gets a refresh...

post #445 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 05:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Wondering if it's a bit short sighted to have restricted PSU vents made of small drill holes instead of a similar removable filter as CPU and GPU. Unless it's to help insulate noise from PSU fan.
post #446 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 09:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthe View Post

Wondering if it's a bit short sighted to have restricted PSU vents made of small drill holes instead of a similar removable filter as CPU and GPU. Unless it's to help insulate noise from PSU fan.

I honestly feel that for the silverstone PSU's, the intake for the psu is more than enough, although it doesn't have a filter for it, and any filter you put on it would be way more restrictive than the tiny holes are.
post #447 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

IT'S OFFICIAL!
RAVEN Z PR

post #448 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 94 (Unique: 67)
post #449 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Ok folks, here is the new Silverstone RVZ01, I have some photos of it next to my SG05 for a size comparison. I will upload more photos as the build progresses, enjoy!

Added you to the club! First person with the Raven Z01?

In other news, my ASRock A88X is still waiting for a case. Still haven't found a small enough case I like yet.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #450 of 2861 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts View Post

Added you to the club! First person with the Raven Z01?

In other news, my ASRock A88X is still waiting for a case. Still haven't found a small enough case I like yet.

Thanks for the add.
When I picked it up from Silverstone in CA, Joel let me break open the first pallet to get mine, so I think I'm the first US person to acquire a retail boxed RVZ01 biggrin.gif wish they had serial numbers!

Could you also add me to the SG05 list? That's my SG next to the RVZ in the pic.

And please, tell me that it's the photograph that's making your A88 board look really curved/bowed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in