[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 51 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #501 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
stickg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,984
Rep: 148 (Unique: 104)
A peek inside the SG08 with my 780.



I used double velcro to mound the SSD in the deadspace between the optical and top of the case!

This pic was with a different GPU in it. (7770)




stickg1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #502 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Jimhans1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Redlands CA
Posts: 2,824
Rep: 187 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

A peek inside the SG08 with my 780.



I used double velcro to mound the SSD in the deadspace between the optical and top of the case!

This pic was with a different GPU in it. (7770)


Uh Stick, you know there are spots for two SSD's in that thing natively correct?
Jimhans1 is offline  
post #503 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 03:19 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
stickg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,984
Rep: 148 (Unique: 104)
Where? I saw the HDD caddy, my 1TB 3.5" is there.

Also that was a temporary setup. That SSD and 780 are back in the main rig.



stickg1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #504 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 02:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Jimhans1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Redlands CA
Posts: 2,824
Rep: 187 (Unique: 126)
Op
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

Where? I saw the HDD caddy, my 1TB 3.5" is there.

Also that was a temporary setup. That SSD and 780 are back in the main rig.

Opposite side from the GPU, in between the 3.5"bay and below the optical drive area, on the same side where the psu power cord plugs into the psu.
Jimhans1 is offline  
post #505 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
stickg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,984
Rep: 148 (Unique: 104)
Oooohhh, okay, I missed that. That's pretty cool then. Well damn, if it weren't for my watercooling obsession I could totally make that my main rig if push came to shove.



stickg1 is offline  
post #506 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Jimhans1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Redlands CA
Posts: 2,824
Rep: 187 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

Oooohhh, okay, I missed that. That's pretty cool then. Well damn, if it weren't for my watercooling obsession I could totally make that my main rig if push came to shove.
Yeah, that case can house a really powerful system if you do it right!!

I'm debating about getting an SG08-Lite and doing a GTX690 system in it. Gotta finish my 3 current builds though.

I really wish someone would make an X79 Mini-ITX board frown.gif I mean heck, ASRock is making a Bitcoin specific motherboard, why not an enthusiast mini-x79?
Jimhans1 is offline  
post #507 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Stock
 
hyp36rmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,714
Rep: 144 (Unique: 122)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Yeah, that case can house a really powerful system if you do it right!!

I'm debating about getting an SG08-Lite and doing a GTX690 system in it. Gotta finish my 3 current builds though.

I really wish someone would make an X79 Mini-ITX board frown.gif I mean heck, ASRock is making a Bitcoin specific motherboard, why not an enthusiast mini-x79?

I would be all over that! hahaha

hyp36rmax is offline  
post #508 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Dyson Poindexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,638
Rep: 209 (Unique: 161)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post


I really wish someone would make an X79 Mini-ITX board frown.gif I mean heck, ASRock is making a Bitcoin specific motherboard, why not an enthusiast mini-x79?
There's an x79 DTX board.

Why do we mount round fans on square radiators?


Dyson Poindexter is offline  
post #509 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:26 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
subtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 692
Rep: 58 (Unique: 53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

There's an x79 DTX board.
If you're talking about the motherboards Shuttle uses, those aren't DTX, they're a proprietary form-factor. Specifically, the depth of DTX is the same as mATX (244mm), whereas the Shuttle boards are somewhat more than that.
subtec is offline  
post #510 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:47 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Dyson Poindexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,638
Rep: 209 (Unique: 161)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtec View Post

If you're talking about the motherboards Shuttle uses, those aren't DTX, they're a proprietary form-factor. Specifically, the depth of DTX is the same as mATX (244mm), whereas the Shuttle boards are somewhat more than that.
Fair enough, but they're compatible for most cases. The extra depth isn't much of an issue as that dimension is normally stretched by the GPU anyway.

Why do we mount round fans on square radiators?


Dyson Poindexter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off