[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 60 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #591 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 02:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 35)
The problem with that case is it pretty much FORCES you to watercool. It's not very multipurpose.

Good things come to those who wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #592 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 04:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 148 (Unique: 104)
That and the fact that there's a waiting list and I don't think they are actually being made anymore.

post #593 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

That and the fact that there's a waiting list and I don't think they are actually being made anymore.

Correct, im pretty sure they dont make them anymore. We can still hope they make another production smile.gif I, personally, would love to own one.

SFF-Tek, where small is the new big!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #594 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 05:57 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh View Post

The problem with that case is it pretty much FORCES you to watercool. It's not very multipurpose.

I see that as a strength, not a weakness. Being multi-purpose introduces compromises, especially regarding size. If it would also have to be good at air cooling, then it would need to be bigger. If it would need to accommodate an ATX PSU, then it would be bigger. If people would want a rack of drives, again, bigger. I like that my Splash came with a special bracket for a pump, and long countersunk bolts for the radiators, but none of the usual bag of random shiny screws and drive brackets.

I would rather manufacturers make less multipurpose cases. There are enough do-all cases already. I think the variety (especially of SFF cases) could be better if vendors like CM and Corsair weren't locked into the idea of trying to appeal to all types of buyer, in what are essentially several different markets.

post #595 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 07:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Chittagong/Dhaka , Bangladesh + born in Dubai , U.A.E
Rep: 48 (Unique: 30)
The real issue that stands is if Stickg1 is interested in a CS of his own, they are out of stock ... redface.gif, though WiSK said everything else I was going to say thumb.gif

I've also knocked on lone industries case idea of the L2 - seems interesting to say the least! smile.gif
post #596 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

I see that as a strength, not a weakness. Being multi-purpose introduces compromises, especially regarding size. If it would also have to be good at air cooling, then it would need to be bigger. If it would need to accommodate an ATX PSU, then it would be bigger. If people would want a rack of drives, again, bigger. I like that my Splash came with a special bracket for a pump, and long countersunk bolts for the radiators, but none of the usual bag of random shiny screws and drive brackets.

I would rather manufacturers make less multipurpose cases. There are enough do-all cases already. I think the variety (especially of SFF cases) could be better if vendors like CM and Corsair weren't locked into the idea of trying to appeal to all types of buyer, in what are essentially several different markets.
Well,I like to have my cake and eat it.

Good things come to those who wait.
post #597 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

I'd like to join, both of my machines are under 20L even though they aren't listed in the OP.

Gaming rig:
- Silverstone Raven RVZ01 (14 Liters)

HTPC/ Lite gaming:
- Lone Industries L1 (~4.5 Liter)

Pics:
WP_20140319_003.jpg

With GTX 680 for size reference
WP_20140319_008.jpg

Added you. The RavenZ01 was in the OP already.
Will you be adding a low profile card to the L1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

I agree, but its unlikely to happen. Manufacturers want as wide of a range of audience as they can get. That's why we have large m-itx only cases where even a matx board will fit in it.

If you want less multipurpose cases, you'll have to go with companies that specializes in that area or crowdfund your own project like the NCase did.
I recon Antec and SilverStone (CoolerMaster in the earlier days) are the few manufacturers that takes risk and make niche market cases.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #598 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:24 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 435 (Unique: 327)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts View Post

Added you. The RavenZ01 was in the OP already.
Will you be adding a low profile card to the L1?

Whoops, guess I didn't see it. No, I won't be putting a lo-pro card in there. The A10 is fast enough for anything I want to do with it, it will be getting a TV tuner card shortly though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrulz go_quote.gif

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.

post #599 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 26)
Add me! My gallery has pictures. I'll upgrade my rig with a Sg-08 lite ASAP!

post #600 of 2861 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Make sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCa View Post

Add me! My gallery has pictures. I'll upgrade my rig with a Sg-08 lite ASAP!

Added you. Make sure to post pics when you get it.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in