[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 80 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #791 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Stock

Rep: 144 (Unique: 122)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampurista View Post

Those brackets are included with L1/L2 cases.

Thank you, i just sent an email out to them. thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #792 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote:

That's a beautiful L2 build. You should post it over at [H] in Lone's thread.

thanks! yeh im pretty happy with it, the colour combos worked out better than i hoped. yep im gunna post it over on hardforum this morning...was snoozing pretty hard by the time i got it up on here last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh View Post

Amazing what can run off a mere pcb and power brick ye?

sure is hey! ill post some numbers up here when i attach it to my Kill-A-Watt to see how close to ghe ragged edge im running it haha.
Quote:

Those brackets are included with L1/L2 cases.

yep they are indeed - special order parts, really nice powder coated finish on them too wink.gif i reckon you mght be able to pick one up off the LI site if James has spares

post #793 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I haven't looked through the whole thread, but does anyone know if there is a case like this: (NFC - S3)

Using a pcioPSU, you could easily power an i3 and 750ti.

http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT
http://www.mini-box.com/12v-16A-AC-DC-Power-Adapter (Not sure if the power brick would work with the PSU.)

Part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CVLQf7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #794 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)

Hi, I'm Majentrix and I'd like to join the club!

• Cubitek Mini Cube (19.2L)
  • Asus H97I-PLUS
  • Intel i3 4150 (cooled by a spare Thermaltake AIO which I've crammed into the 90mm fan slot)
  • Gigabyte R9 270
  • Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
  • Corsair TX650 (160mm long despite the case only officially supporting 150mm long PSUs)
  • 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600 Ares

Future upgrade plans, from top to bottom in terms of importance:

1. SSD
  2. Pentium G3258
  3. Blower style GTX 760+
  4. Shorter, modular PSU

Sometimes the only way to make people aware of a fire is to set the whole town ablaze.
post #795 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 07:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
How are the thermals?
post #796 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Not too good. 35 on the CPU and 45 on the graphics card idling. Temps get up to around 60 and 70 respectively.
Problem is the 270 exhausts all of its hot air into the case, which is then sucked in by the CPU cooler. If I had a blower card that ejected all of its air outside the case overall temps would go down, even if the cooling on the GPU wasn't as good.

Sometimes the only way to make people aware of a fire is to set the whole town ablaze.
post #797 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majentrix View Post

Not too good. 35 on the CPU and 45 on the graphics card idling. Temps get up to around 60 and 70 respectively.
Problem is the 270 exhausts all of its hot air into the case, which is then sucked in by the CPU cooler. If I had a blower card that ejected all of its air outside the case overall temps would go down, even if the cooling on the GPU wasn't as good.

Those dual fan cards are not made for these SFF cases. I highly recommend swapping coolers or getting a blower card. I hae a Dual shot cooler 560ti classy in my Hadron, and temps were terrible. After I switched coolers from a 480, my case temps went down 10-15 degrees C. Try and find a stock blower on ebay, they always have em for sale when dudes switch to watercooling.
post #798 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 10:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutThreeFitty View Post

I haven't looked through the whole thread, but does anyone know if there is a case like this: (NFC - S3)

Using a pcioPSU, you could easily power an i3 and 750ti.

http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT
http://www.mini-box.com/12v-16A-AC-DC-Power-Adapter (Not sure if the power brick would work with the PSU.)

Part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CVLQf7

see my buildlog in the last couple of pages - i searched for months for a case like the one youve listed.....the Lone Industries L2 is the closest i could find. it only does LP GPU's however which basically limits you to the hardware ive put in mine.

EDIT - you can buy combos from mini-box of pico's and bricks i think that save you money

post #799 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobergoof View Post

Those dual fan cards are not made for these SFF cases. I highly recommend swapping coolers or getting a blower card. I hae a Dual shot cooler 560ti classy in my Hadron, and temps were terrible. After I switched coolers from a 480, my case temps went down 10-15 degrees C. Try and find a stock blower on ebay, they always have em for sale when dudes switch to watercooling.

Problem is I don't think blower coolers exist for my card. I know that the reference cooler is a blower, but I don't think you can buy those.

post #800 of 2861 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 10:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majentrix View Post

Problem is I don't think blower coolers exist for my card. I know that the reference cooler is a blower, but I don't think you can buy those.

There may be a possibility of swapping coolers from a last generation card, or a card that has the same hole locations and measurements as your card.
The 270 and the the earlier generation AMD cards could have similar measurements and hole locations. You could possibly swap a blower/heatsink from like a 5870 or a 7870. Not saying its a guarantee, but it might be worth researching.
thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in