[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 89 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #881 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majentrix View Post

Got everything ready for the first cuts, I'm not expecting it to look too pretty as I'm no expert with a dremel, but hopefully it'll turn out okay.

aYjILHp.jpg
Got all the cutting lines marked out.
TOUl0jh.jpg
The motherboard will actually be mounted a few dozen mill higher, this just shows that it fits.
j8z9Gh1.jpg
We'll have room for fairly long graphics cards.

More coming soon.

whats the eventual plan for this case? i love the 90 degree shift, but im not quite sure how youre doing it with this case with no cover on top to cover the mobo IO at the top. anyway im keeping an eye on it because i love these jonsbo cases.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #882 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 03:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
In the end the power supply will be moved to the front, the rear panel will become vents and I'll add room for some fans in the front. Chances are the front fans will have to be thin thanks to the PSU being in the way.
I have a solution in mind for the I/O, but I'll need to see how everything pand out before I can put it into place.

Right now work's been halted as I thought I had more motherboard standoffs than I actually do, and I'll need to pick up more this afternoon before we can get the motherboard worked out.

Sometimes the only way to make people aware of a fire is to set the whole town ablaze.
post #883 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 02:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Here's a poorly lit hint of things to come.

FySct4T.jpg

Sometimes the only way to make people aware of a fire is to set the whole town ablaze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #884 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 24)
Looking to build my parents a PC out of some old parts, but I'll need to get them a new case.
As they'll need/want a optical drive (and I have a spare one available). I think I'm going to get a Cooler Master 130 Elite. Given it's pretty boss price.

It's also going to be in an enclosed space in a cupboard, so although a G540 isn't going to kick out much heat, I'm going to put my old H60 in there rather than a stock cooler to keep things a little cooler (and because I have no use for it).

Anyway, the question I have is what will be the best fan configuration? It has 1 120mm fan in the front, one 80mm on the side and then the PSU.
I'm thinking maybe to have the PSU as the only exhaust (it can be switched the otherway and pull the air from outside the case). Any ideas?

post #885 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 01:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 182 (Unique: 152)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawswing View Post

Looking to build my parents a PC out of some old parts, but I'll need to get them a new case.
As they'll need/want a optical drive (and I have a spare one available). I think I'm going to get a Cooler Master 130 Elite. Given it's pretty boss price.

It's also going to be in an enclosed space in a cupboard, so although a G540 isn't going to kick out much heat, I'm going to put my old H60 in there rather than a stock cooler to keep things a little cooler (and because I have no use for it).

Anyway, the question I have is what will be the best fan configuration? It has 1 120mm fan in the front, one 80mm on the side and then the PSU.
I'm thinking maybe to have the PSU as the only exhaust (it can be switched the otherway and pull the air from outside the case). Any ideas?

Isolate the PSU's airflow, so have the PSU intake facing up (It's vented). Facing it down would end up having it take in warm air from the H60 and raise the temperature of the PSU so the fan will be turned on (assuming it runs hybrid mode).

As for airflow, just do a push-pull with the H60 at the front of the case, nothing more. Using the small 80mm fan wouldn't do much and just add unnecessary noise. The positive pressure/flow setup will keep the computer less dusty for a bit longer. Don't worry about the "increased temps" thing people say that comes with positive pressure setups. It makes basically no difference. I would remove the grommet to the right of the PSU so the air trying to leave the case meets less restriction.

Edit: CoolerMaster has a perfect photo. The setup on the top right is what I'm trying to describe.

post #886 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 24)
The PSU is some really cheap CIT thing I had been using in an old HTPC. I doubt it has a variable fan speed. I was thinking about facing it down to help airflow over the motherboard, or would that not be that big of an issue?
Does the 130 have a fan filter on the front at all?

post #887 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 182 (Unique: 152)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawswing View Post

The PSU is some really cheap CIT thing I had been using in an old HTPC. I doubt it has a variable fan speed. I was thinking about facing it down to help airflow over the motherboard, or would that not be that big of an issue?
Does the 130 have a fan filter on the front at all?

If it were facing down it would take in hot air from the H60 and run warmer which I'd prefer not to happen.

If it doesn't have variable fan speed it would be quieter facing it down but its up to you.

post #888 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Stock

Rep: 144 (Unique: 122)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

If it were facing down it would take in hot air from the H60 and run warmer which I'd prefer not to happen.

If it doesn't have variable fan speed it would be quieter facing it down but its up to you.

It would depend on the air flow of the case. Cooler Master Elite 110 and 130 are very similar to Silverstone's SG05 as long as a front fan is used in conjunction with the PSU fan sucking air in from the bottom and out to the rear of the PSU it would be akin to creating positive air pressure.

post #889 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post

may I join? smile.gif

Custom CPU + GPU Watercooling Loop on a Silverstone SG05 (10.8 liters)

Core i5-3570
Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Inno3D GTX 760 HerculeZ 2000S
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB FW 1.5
Silverstone SG05-450

XSPC Raystorm
XSPC Razor GTX 670
XSPC RX120 V1
EK DCP 2.2
Bitspower 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Compression Fittings
EK Angled Adapter Fittings
OEM Flow Indicator turned Nano Reservoir

(other photos at my sig)

Added you. I've remember seeing this before because of the slanted pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Small teaser, and no, NO NDA. smile.gif

Literally sitting in Silverstone's parking lot after receiving one of these to test out.

I'm headed to St. George this weekend, but I will do an unboxing with photos tonight to hold you over wink.gif

I'm jelly biggrin.gif Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you get back.
I'll be waiting for the lower wattage of the SFX-L version to replace my 45SF-G

If I have missed any of you that wish to be added to the club, please PM me.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #890 of 2861 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 AM

Add me please:

Antec ISK 300-150
ASrock AM1H-ITX mobo
AMD 5150 cpu
Gskill 2gbx2 memory
Kingston 128gb V300 SSD
WD 320gb 2.5 drive
HP wireless mini PCIe nic card
Laptop DVD burner
2ea mega rare Omega typhoon mid-speed 80mm fans (from Japan)
Stealth wifi antenna (from a laptop)
70mm AMD cooling fan for added airflow to the PSU

Will be adding a R7 250 low profile to it soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in