[Official] uSFF/SFF Club - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] uSFF/SFF Club

post #81 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSxperts View Post

I added Longroadtrip's Wesena ITX2 to the uSFF list.

omsin - Sorry to hear about your damaged board. Did you get a new one yet?

Anyone got tips on on cases other than the SG05? I've built 3 systems using that case.

Yes, I have now a MSI z77IA-E53.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomtomb View Post

Well I agree that smaller is better. I honestly loathe the Bitfenix Prodigy because it is a Mini-ITX case the size of a large mATX case. It is laid out well for working on it but wastes a lot of space when it comes to compactness. I would post a pic of my case, but it's anout 33 L. I want to find a more compact case and go Mini ITX.

When it comes to definitions... It's subjective but I'd consider anything under 20L to be SFF and uSFF to be 10L.

While I like Bitfenix in general, I agree with you. Apparently you can fit a mATX board in it with some modifications, though I believe if it's big enough for a mATX board then they should have designed it that way in the first place out of the box. I can only hope they make a ITX case for us small form factor enthusiasts. Now that I would buy. thumb.gif
post #83 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 AM
***der

Rep: 181 (Unique: 139)
Quote:

I added Longroadtrip's Wesena ITX2 to the uSFF list.

omsin - Sorry to hear about your damaged board. Did you get a new one yet?

Anyone got tips on on cases other than the SG05? I've built 3 systems using that case.

Thanks NFSxperts! thumb.gif

If you are looking for something different from the SG05...what about an Abee? I've been wanting to do one for a while now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Machupo
Neutronium Gallery
Lian-Li PC-Q02: 6.90L

post #85 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omsin View Post

Yes, I have now a MSI z77IA-E53.
Nice, does it overclock well and do the vrms get hot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomtomb View Post

Well I agree that smaller is better. I honestly loathe the Bitfenix Prodigy because it is a Mini-ITX case the size of a large mATX case. It is laid out well for working on it but wastes a lot of space when it comes to compactness. I would post a pic of my case, but it's anout 33 L. I want to find a more compact case and go Mini ITX.

When it comes to definitions... It's subjective but I'd consider anything under 20L to be SFF and uSFF to be 10L.

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I think its a tad too big as well. Its actually a good looking, sturdy case, but if they shrunk it down, it wouldn't look as good. I think its actually the perfect size for that shape, but they should have made it matx instead. I thought the point of mitx was to be as small as possible. If they made a board the same size as the Intel NUC with interchangeable CPUs, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

This club's definition of uSFF and SFF pretty much sticks to the ones defined by Intel developer specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroadtrip View Post

Thanks NFSxperts! thumb.gif

If you are looking for something different from the SG05...what about an Abee? I've been wanting to do one for a while now...
Oh no, I meant tips about other cases for the FAQ section. I only have the SG05 so I can only give tips on this case. If the club members can provide tips as well, that'd be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machupo View Post

Machupo
Neutronium Gallery
Lian-Li PC-Q02: 6.90L
That's a nice looking case, but I would've kept the mesh a darker color or even black.
Added you to the uSFF section.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #86 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:

That's a nice looking case, but I would've kept the mesh a darker color or even black.
Added you to the uSFF section.

The case got quite hot with that blue filtercore mesh and the second aluminum mesh layer, so I have since removed them -- the front is now black and temps are in the agreeable realm smile.gif
post #87 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machupo View Post

The case got quite hot with that blue filtercore mesh and the second aluminum mesh layer, so I have since removed them -- the front is now black and temps are in the agreeable realm smile.gif

Got any new pics?

It looks like Silverstone will be releasing a Lite version of the Sugo SG05 case without the PSU so now you can buy the base case and then the modular 450w ST45SF-G SFX PSU
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=413&area=en

I added a new question in the FAQ and edited the correct length of the SG05/06 to 262mm. If you disagree with any of my questions or answers, feel free to PM me.

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="https://www.overclock.net/t/1300645/usff-sff-club">The Official <span style="font-size:9px;">uSFF</span>/<span style="font-size:10px;">SFF</span> Club</a></div><span></span><br><span>GeForce2 MX 64 &lt; FX 5200 128 &lt; Mobility Radeon 9700 64 &lt; 8400M GS 128 &lt; 9800GT 512 &lt; GTX 460 1 &lt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; 650TI Boost SLI 2 &gt; 650Ti Boost 2 &lt; GTX 1070 8</span><br><br><span>rma amount of times: (# of times rma-ed/product failed after warranty period/products owned)</span><br><span>Antec AIO: 2/0/1 | Corsiar AIO: 1/0/2 | Corsair ddr2 sodimm ram: 2/0/2 | Adata ddr2 ram: 2/2/4 | Adata SSD: 2/0/1</span><br><span>WD Black: 1/0/2 | WD Green: 1/1/3 | SilverStone SFX PSU: 2/0/4 | MSI gpu: 1/1/2</span><br><br><span>Products I am avoiding: Sandforce Controller based SSD | TLC nand flash SSD | Asetek | Anything that has season passes</span></div></div>

post #88 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
sweet that means i can get a sg05 and pair it with the modular SFX PSU rather then using the stock, now if only they release a similar version for the SG06 and the rest of the SG line up or atlest offer modular for the SG07/08

post #89 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
post #90 of 2861 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 05:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
Do you guys know if there are a SG05 thread or Silverstone Mini-ITX case thread? Thanks

[Build Log] Cold Devil
Fractal Design Core 1000 Owners Club
Cold Devil
(16 items)
CPU
Intel Pentium G3258 @4.3GHz
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Maximus VII Gene
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 ACX
RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB
Power Supply
Coolermaster V650S
Cooling
Corsair H100i
Cooling
Scythe AP-15
Case
Fractal Design Core 1000 USB3
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
BenQ XL2420T
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Chrome
Mouse
QPAD The Gathering 15 Edition
Audio
Philips Fidelio X1
Audio
Fiio E07K Andes
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in