KaTaToNiK ~ W/C Prodigy - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

KaTaToNiK ~ W/C Prodigy

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 21)
WeLcOmE !! wave2.gif So seems EVERYONE jumped on the prodigy bandwagon, lol but gonna do a bit of work to mine so thought i'd throw together a log. These pics are just to get the log going, sorry but they were taken on my iphone. i actually had the rig up and running first on air, then once it installed windows ok, went to water. Given that its just a 240 rad the temps were fine(mid 30's) but when i went to overclock theres just no option there, and had a few issues with the board so at the moment its just being tested, which isnt bad gives me a chance to do some case work

MoBo and EK Supremacy, i really didnt like the circle design, but when i got it i was suprised it has a real classy, quality design

so this is how you do the pin striping, apply the paint

then i just use my license to scratch off the excess. this the backplate as i forgot to do a after pic but you get the idea

first line in biggrin.gif

2nd in

Cant really see but this the loop

another angle, ended up getting a rotary off the t-line so minimal tubing, i also brought more monsoon fittings and theyre all silver shining fitting, all uniform like biggrin.gif

Fillport, its only red because i had it from another build, like much all of these parts

then done the gpu window, was just trying designs at this stage

then out she goes....

NOW, just from the get go i wanna be clear !! i PERSONALLY think Di-Noc is entirely waaaay over used in modding these days!! accents are cool but people go bezerk with it, i prefer subtly!!... that being said i decided to Di-Noc most of this Project LOL lachen.gif just because i find the white much more stealth than black, and i brought a roll of black, and a roll of white a year n half ago and wanted to use it somewhere ...

i just fluked the first window being in line with the mb tray/psu cover but was a touch out, but im not too worried, on the other side though i had to change the design as theres a large bar that holds the power/reset/usb etc. so i followed similar window at the back, then arched the top so that i could see the water level in the T-line, and sort of cut it back, i dont like it as much as the other side but it should really help with cable management of the HDD etc and still allows you to view the loop, and enermax Vegas 140mm fan i now have in the back

i have a lot more planed for the build, but i need the board back before i can do much more, hopefully get my dslr back too for some decent pics wink.gif Stay tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So JUST shoe horned the fan controller in, sits proud about a mm at the top but its barely noticeable. the entire front panel will be getting re-covered, as you can see the top above fan controller knife slipped and tore the di-noc, got like 3m, so should be right thumb.gif

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 AM
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞

Rep: 421 (Unique: 361)
Don't you get a lot of vibrations from your D5 being bolt mounted? Ever since I had mine suspended in mid-air by tubing, it's pretty silent even at setting 4 or 5. When I had it bolted on, it was loud at setting 3.

It's looking pretty good and clean so far. I really like how you have different shapes for your windows, keeps it unique. thumb.gif

Black Heart
(21 items)
CPU
Intel i5 3570K [Delid]
Motherboard
Asrock Z77E-ITX
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3
RAM
HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 2TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Constellation 2 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime 600W Titanium Fanless
Cooling
XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White]
Cooling
5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+White]
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO RGB + EK FC1080Ti FTW3 blocks
Cooling
Phanteks Glacier R160 + MCP35X
Case
Case Labs Mercury S3
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 120Hz G-Sync
Monitor
Qnix QX2710 1440p 120Hz
Keyboard
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + /dev/tty Keycaps]
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio
Micca OriGen G2
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

Don't you get a lot of vibrations from your D5 being bolt mounted? Ever since I had mine suspended in mid-air by tubing, it's pretty silent even at setting 4 or 5. When I had it bolted on, it was loud at setting 3.
It's looking pretty good and clean so far. I really like how you have different shapes for your windows, keeps it unique. thumb.gif

thanks m8 biggrin.gif nah not really and when i briefly had it up and running it was straight steel bracket onto steel, i've now installed a silicon pad underneath so hopefully its pretty quiet thumb.gif
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

thought i recognized your name, i wandered through your build log a few weeks back!! didnt notice you had a white one too LOL
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Started on the side panel over the weekend installing the vandal reset and power

marked them out exactly where i wanted them, evenly spaced so the reset was halfway between the power and headphone/mic

then marked the old power and reset for removal

Then off with his head

then the mounting bar also had a date with the Hacksaw

Had a busy day at uni the next day, so thought i'd outsource some work to my dad who was twiddling his thumbs, wats the worst that could happen, i marked exactly to the mm where i wanted them..... BIG mistake!! much like other 'outsourcing' you get a much lower quality madsmiley.png not only did he not follow my markings, he put them so close together that i almost cant do them up, i was fuming !! he also marked on the outside with texta so they look even closer again(one of the switches they sent was a latching one, hence the fatter line, in the process of getting a replacement now thumb.gif) almost considering welding up part on the hole and moving it, or even source another panel(if possible)

so lemme kno if i should move it or im just being OCD rolleyes.gif
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞

Rep: 421 (Unique: 361)
It does look very thin, though if it works, I don't see why you should have to move it.

Black Heart
(21 items)
CPU
Intel i5 3570K [Delid]
Motherboard
Asrock Z77E-ITX
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3
RAM
HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 2TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Constellation 2 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime 600W Titanium Fanless
Cooling
XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White]
Cooling
5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+White]
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO RGB + EK FC1080Ti FTW3 blocks
Cooling
Phanteks Glacier R160 + MCP35X
Case
Case Labs Mercury S3
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 120Hz G-Sync
Monitor
Qnix QX2710 1440p 120Hz
Keyboard
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + /dev/tty Keycaps]
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio
Micca OriGen G2
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So got some more goodies which should be able to finish off now ... as soon as MB gets back mad.gif

Decided to leave the back off just because it was easier, and the fact that you cant see it anyway as it faces front fan

Had these just lying around from when i first got into pc's 6 years ago, lol thought why not

Switches Finished

But when i tighten it this happens, so might just secure it with double sided tape and not over tighten it

Sooo then my OCD got the better of me, i filed the holes further apart

as you can see theres a bit of a gap when they're in place but i can cover that with the di-noc

then covered the side, pretty happy with the results

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 283 (Unique: 184)
Sweet project Brandon! and nice choice of hardware too thumb.gif
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Owen View Post

Sweet project Brandon! and nice choice of hardware too thumb.gif

thanks Bill !! biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in