Corsair Obsidian 250D Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corsair Obsidian 250D Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
theyoungone10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 39
Rep: 0
Just built mine last night and was slightly disappointed as I could only fit my h80 in the front but was able to do push/pull. Also, the fan filter on the gpu side was making contact with the gpu fans. I would also say that a fully modular PSU is not 100% needed but is highly highly recommended.

Heres my parts list and pics later.

3770k
P8z77-i deluxe
H80
Asus 660ti
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Intel 330 180gb
WD 1tb Green
Corsair TX650m V2
Not installed yet is a Asus DVDRW
theyoungone10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 204
Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungone10 View Post

Just built mine last night and was slightly disappointed as I could only fit my h80 in the front but was able to do push/pull. Also, the fan filter on the gpu side was making contact with the gpu fans. I would also say that a fully modular PSU is not 100% needed but is highly highly recommended.

Heres my parts list and pics later.

3770k
P8z77-i deluxe
H80
Asus 660ti
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Intel 330 180gb
WD 1tb Green
Corsair TX650m V2
Not installed yet is a Asus DVDRW

That's a solid build thumb.gif
Got any pictures of it?

Also, going back to my PSU thing. I think I'll get the CX500M for $40. All the reviews are good and it's enough for my build. 430W was a tad too low.
weredawg is offline  
post #23 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
dsmwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 808
Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
I d be curious to see the 250D next to the prodigy.

dsmwookie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
jezzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 1,077
Rep: 34 (Unique: 27)
Damn this club was hard to find. I had already given up looking for a 250D thread and found this one. This should be on the main page on the cases forum imo smile.gif

Anyways great case, wanted to buy one but just found out my gpy does not fit. Appears Asus DCII cards to nof fit frown.gif

George Makris - Corsair
Quote:
...hey u know, we are the cool kids and u are just the new guy and get the hell out of our cool club.
jezzer is offline  
post #25 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 204
Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer View Post

Damn this club was hard to find. I had already given up looking for a 250D thread and found this one. This should be on the main page on the cases forum imo smile.gif

Anyways great case, wanted to buy one but just found out my gpy does not fit. Appears Asus DCII cards to nof fit frown.gif

You know that's what I initially thought but I've seen multiple builds now that use an Asus DCII card.
weredawg is offline  
post #26 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
jezzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 1,077
Rep: 34 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weredawg View Post

You know that's what I initially thought but I've seen multiple builds now that use an Asus DCII card.

780's?

Half of the reviews mention it will not fit, others say nothing and in the corsair introduction vid on youtube there is a dcII card in there but its a different cooler than the one on a 780

George Makris - Corsair
Quote:
...hey u know, we are the cool kids and u are just the new guy and get the hell out of our cool club.
jezzer is offline  
post #27 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
FuzzDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
Posts: 183
Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
I have a 70lb, fully WC'd rig I play on and it's great...but it's so huge that after I took it one year to PAX East I made up my mind to downsize when I could and now's the time. I've ordered all the parts and this first revision will be a simple rig w/just the CPU under a closed water loop. Rev two in the fall will add full water. Parts list so far:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2RHjy

The case arrived yesterday and it's exactly what they said it would be...well manufactured, a little bigger than mini ITX cases out there...and large enough to work in a compact water solution. When the rest of the parts arrive I'll post some pics...but so far I love the case and can't wait to play tinker toy w/rest of it.
FuzzDad is offline  
post #28 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 08:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
RebelHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 220
Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Looks like I'll be joining this club. Got my 250D yesterday and the rest of my parts are trickling in through the rest of the week. Will be doing my build on Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully I'll have pictures posted this weekend.

Corsair Obsidian 250D
Asus Maximus VI Impact
Intel Core i7 4770K
Asus Geforce GTX 780 Ti
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400Mhz Kit
Corsair H100i Closed Loop Water Cooler
Corsair AX860i Fully Modular PSU
Crucial M500 480Gb SSD (X2)
Archgon Slot-Loading Blu-Ray Writer (Slim)
Startech 3.5" Card Reader

♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium
RebelHell is offline  
post #29 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,825
Rep: 160 (Unique: 133)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Awesome now going to email them! I think i'll go for mobo 24pin, cpu power, sata power in 30cm and then pcie in 40cm just to be safe.

Thanks for your help! thumb.gif
After looking at it, I could of gotten away with 35cm instead of 45cm for the PCIE cables.
Tennobanzai is offline  
post #30 of 3071 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
RyReZar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: England, UK
Posts: 523
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post

After looking at it, I could of gotten away with 35cm instead of 45cm for the PCIE cables.
Ah thanks anyway, sent a email for a qoute for 40cm pcie cables. Rather go a bit longer than needed to be safe smile.gif

RyReZar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off