Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 120 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club

post #1191 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 03:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariolillo View Post

Amazon doesn't have them?
Maybe check eBay too smile.gif

Hah, Found them in a shop in Holland ! 15 euro's a piece

I compared them to the Slip Stream 120 mm Slim Case Fan who cost only 7 euro's each.

Looks like the Vortex 12 moves way more air ( 56 CFM vs 24.03 CFM ) , Guess thats where the price difference is smile.gif

I can't really find much reviews for the Prolimatech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1192 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 04:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
I wonder what the temps would be with that low profile cooler on the newer i5 haswell refresh
post #1193 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 06:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerrp View Post

Hah, Found them in a shop in Holland ! 15 euro's a piece

I compared them to the Slip Stream 120 mm Slim Case Fan who cost only 7 euro's each.

Looks like the Vortex 12 moves way more air ( 56 CFM vs 24.03 CFM ) , Guess thats where the price difference is smile.gif

I can't really find much reviews for the Prolimatech

I only have at hand right now this comparison video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7gxaLkkVo

USV12 vs Noiseblocker and Gentle Typhoons biggrin.gif they show off their power.

With the USV12 you could run the fans at relatively low RPM and they will move decent air. If price difference is a lot, another fan at relatively higher RPM would work out the same.

I say that because I found that running the USV12 at 1100RPM-1300RPM does a little difference in cooling. I do have the PP05 cable set which makes it a little difficult for air to move, maybe when I change to the PP05-E airflow will be better and the extra air power will do more effect smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1194 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
got mine setup.

Setup using air atm.

i7-2600k (temp)
p8h61-i r2.0 (temp)
16GB Ram DDR3
2 x 256GB SSD
Club3D R9 290

ST45SF (temp - gotta swap for the gold later due to the misalign)
Scythe Kozuti CPU cooler
Noctua NF-P12 x3 (all intake)
All the fan filters mounted

CPU Temps (min-load):
30C - 60C
GPU Temps (min-avg-load):
42C - 54 - 78C

GPU tuned slightly down in CCC - old drivers.

I'm thinking of swapping to a custom water loop because I have some extra fittings/tubing/cpu-gpu blocks... but I need a pump, radiator, and heatsinks. I might hold off until I swap my CPU later.
post #1195 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 187 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuantum View Post

got mine setup. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Setup using air atm.

i7-2600k (temp)
p8h61-i r2.0 (temp)
16GB Ram DDR3
2 x 256GB SSD
Club3D R9 290

ST45SF (temp - gotta swap for the gold later due to the misalign)
Scythe Kozuti CPU cooler
Noctua NF-P12 x3 (all intake)
All the fan filters mounted

CPU Temps (min-load):
30C - 60C
GPU Temps (min-avg-load):
42C - 54 - 78C

GPU tuned slightly down in CCC - old drivers.

I'm thinking of swapping to a custom water loop because I have some extra fittings/tubing/cpu-gpu blocks... but I need a pump, radiator, and heatsinks. I might hold off until I swap my CPU later.

Lol, good luck with that.
post #1196 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

lol

I sorta know what I want to do... except for the gpu area.

I already have 4 12mm scythe fans from a long while ago along with the two silverstone ones but lol you know they just aren't the same - i have smaller fans but can't really think of any use for them in this case.

Since I'm not going to do it with the current CPU/mobo (they are just filling in) I have some time to think about it lol but I'm thinking 120mm at the CPU area and 240mm in the GPU. I also think preferably I'd want the 120mm cooling first then the 240mm, however, that's some messy piping. also following the +'ve pressure profile and the radiators it feels like I'll melt the insides lol - not really but you know what I mean.
post #1197 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Jim, have you tried the Tundra TD02 or TD03? How are the Silverstone AIO's when compared to say Corsair, NZXT, Cooler Master, etc.?
post #1198 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 187 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Jim, have you tried the Tundra TD02 or TD03? How are the Silverstone AIO's when compared to say Corsair, NZXT, Cooler Master, etc.?

Boy have I Zombie.

Here's a quick and dirty list of the AIO coolers I've tried over the past 24 months or so.

Silverstone: TD-02 & TD-03
CM: Seidon 120V, 120M, 120XL & 240M
Zalman: LQ's 310, 315 & 320
Corsair: H's 50, 70, 80, 80i, 100 & 100i
Antec: Cooler 620 & 920

My impressions to this point. Of all of the units, the Silverstone AIO coolers have the BEST fit, finish and quality IMHO and have some of the best fans of them all.

BUT, EVERY single one of the AIO coolers needs to either have the fans replaced with better quality, higher static pressure fans, OR has to have the PWM fans (TD02/03) set in the bios to a fixed speed that's not at the max.

The worst units I've dealt with overall have been the corsair branded Cool-it systems units (the H80's and H100's, both standard and "i" units), specifically because of the garbage fans they include with them, and the crappy loud ass pumps in them, and the high price to actual temps the units gave.

I've not had them all at the same time to test on the same system to get comparison numbers on temps, I go through too many systems, so I can't give you exact numbers there I'm sorry to say. The only ones I've tested side by side on the same system ([email protected]@1.35v on an Asus Max5Extreme) were the Seidon 120M, Tundra TD-03, H80, and the Cooler 620, all using the stock fans included with each one. The Tundra beat them all in idle/load temps by 2c/9c, with the 620 and 120M being identical in performance, and sadly, the H80 doing the worst, even with the largest Rad and most noise to my ears. I'll see if I can find my notebook with the exact numbers on those runs, but I'm not gonna kill myself looking smile.gif

But, here are my choices I would personally use/recommend depending on the system and space allowed.

Entry level mATX and ATX system with no 240 capability in the case and only minor to no OC on proc: CM Seidon 120M or Antec Cooler 620

As above, but with mid to heavy OC and voltage: Tundra TD-03

In a case that will allow for a 240mm rad, regardless of the OC: TD-02 for sure.

But in all honesty, I LOATHE ALL of the AIO coolers, I would rather spend the money on a small custom loop and really see the performance difference. And if you choose your components right on a custom loop, they last way longer AND you can move them to new systems when you upgrade your primary hardware. The custom loops also allow you to tailor each component to your exact needs in the build....... It's like your SG08-Lite, we could assemble a kick ass little loop for it that would keep BOTH your CPU and GPU 10-30c cooler than you are getting now, and be quieter too.

Sadly, everybody in the PC world seems to forget that in today's world of computers, it's way more important to cool your GPUs than the CPUs. An Intel Core-i processor can run at 90c+ for a decade with no degradation or throttling. But, our GPUs NEED to be kept at or below 80c for the best performance, and the colder they can be kept to run, the better. And the GPUs tend to be the loudest parts in our systems when their temps are allowed to get up to 75c+.

Sorry for the long post, kinda went on an unintentional rant there.
post #1199 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello I want to build on this case but there are few cases I found troubling

What's the HDD Temperature of 3.5" inch drives during gaming? Do they get hot? being mounted on top of the PSU and no fans blowing at them and how's the 2.5" inch drives above the GPU? Do they get hot from being close to GPU?

Also, can you replace the case fans on the GPU area to a non-slim fan? I'm thinking of placing a noctua there. Is there enough clearance between the fans and the GPU? (Assuming I will use a Asus GTX 760 Mini or any reference card.)

Lastly, Are there any alternatives to Noctua NH-L9i, a low profile cooler that doesn't have clearance issues.

Thanks!
post #1200 of 7243 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan2014 View Post

Hello I want to build on this case but there are few cases I found troubling

What's the HDD Temperature of 3.5" inch drives during gaming? Do they get hot? being mounted on top of the PSU and no fans blowing at them and how's the 2.5" inch drives above the GPU? Do they get hot from being close to GPU?

Also, can you replace the case fans on the GPU area to a non-slim fan? I'm thinking of placing a noctua there. Is there enough clearance between the fans and the GPU? (Assuming I will use a Asus GTX 760 Mini or any reference card.)

Lastly, Are there any alternatives to Noctua NH-L9i, a low profile cooler that doesn't have clearance issues.

Thanks!

I don't own the case yet, but i what i read in this topic : you can place 25mm fans underneath the GPU, somewhere in the beginning of this topic is a list of cpu coolers (just use the search option smile.gif )

From what i've read the disks get a bit hotter then normal , but with some airflow through the case they won't get killed wink.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in