Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club

post #21 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolajXH View Post

Hi Captain Zombie

If you would be so kind to add these links, I would thank you

Written review
http://www.xtremehardware.com/recensioni/case-e-modding/silverstone-raven-rvz01-e-nt06-pro-videorecensione-analisi-termica-ed-analisi-tecnica-201401239420/

Fast Video-review, complement for the Written review (it's not a ''full'' videoreview, I hadn't time unfortunately thumb.gif )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUTdHUlizZg

Review of the SilverStone NT06-Pro and Seidon 120V All In One (AIO) cooler, inside the RVZ01:
http://www.xtremehardware.com/cooling/air/silverstone-nitrogon-nt06-pro-un-dissipatore-eccelso-per-mini-itx-201402039529/

Maybe you could reorganize the links, showing the written reviews and the videoreviews. It could be more interesting thumb.gif

My system:

As said before, if you need help, measurements, details or something else, I'm happy to help you all.

Have a good day, and thanks for sharing !!

Hi Nikolaj, I added your links to the review section. That is a bummer to read about the Seidon being loud, but I wonder if its that AIO in general. I have an H60 that I have placed in several cases in various positions, never had any noise issues from the pump. I wonder if the H60 would give similar issues crammed in such a small space with the rad up top. I read somewhere else too that a guy had placed an AIO to the roof and the noise levels were unbearable.

Hearing the noise level issues from the PSU and an AIO in this case sort has me leaning going with the 250D for my build as I know what I'm getting with that case.

Hoping to hear more from others using this case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 435 (Unique: 327)
Bout to see a big card go in this thing, my Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X is out for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrulz go_quote.gif

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.

post #23 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Bout to see a big card go in this thing, my Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X is out for delivery.

This will be interesting to get your feedback on the noise levels between the 290X, PSU, and if you put that AIO in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Would a video card with an Accelero Extreme 3 fit?

My System
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU
MSI GTX 1070 Quick Silver OC
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Cryorig C7 Cu
Case
DAN CASE A4-SFX v1
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27 v1
Keyboard
Unicomp Classic 104
Mouse
Zowie EC1-A White
Mousepad
Icemat 2nd Edition White
Audio
JBL LSR305 & LSR310S
▲ hide details ▲
post #25 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Two of those will be quiet, the PSU will just get louder tongue.gif I'll take a video so you can hear it for yourself.

Quote:

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.

post #26 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gah Duma View Post

Would a video card with an Accelero Extreme 3 fit?

I don't think it would even with no side fans.

Quote:

post #27 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Two of those will be quiet, the PSU will just get louder tongue.gif I'll take a video so you can hear it for yourself.

Please do, would love to hear the noise levels. I have never heard how loud that PSU can get, should be interesting.
post #28 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Please do, would love to hear the noise levels. I have never heard how loud that PSU can get, should be interesting.

Well the GPU is here... swapped it out right quick. Got a bundle deal on fleabay for the 290 and an R7 250 for $569! Fit is perfect, no issues at all.

WP_20140214_001.jpg

WP_20140214_002.jpg

Quote:

post #29 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 02:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello all! I haven't built a PC in about 14 years, but I had to get back into it once I saw Valve's Steam Machine Beta. I knew a prebuilt system wasn't for me. I just needed the right case to come along to get me some decent power and to use with my HDTV.

Fortunately RVZ01 came along at the right time as I am now a proud owner of this beautiful case.

All my parts are in and it is rather similar to the beta Steam Machine specs.
Here it is:

RVZ01
i7 4770k
Cooler Master Seidon 120v
Gigabyte GA Z87N WiFi ITX
16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram
EVGA GTX 780
1 TB Seagate SSHD
SFX 450 G PSU
PP05-E Short Flat PSU cables

I will take pics of my parts and post them in this thread soon. This forum was recommended by the fellow I bought my GTX 780 off of. He said this was a very helpful community so I took his word for it and joined.

The only thing I am nervous about is applying my thermal paste correctly and placing my Seidon 120v on top of my CPU. I have read that putting 2mm pea sized ammount in the center of CPU and applying a certain ammount of pressure when placing my cooler on is the right way, but I don't want to put too little or too much paste on. I still have to read what Cooler Master says about it.

My aim is to have this build done by this Sunday or into early next week. Hopefully I don't run into any snags.
post #30 of 7228 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY FiNgErS View Post

Hello all! I haven't built a PC in about 14 years, but I had to get back into it once I saw Valve's Steam Machine Beta. I knew a prebuilt system wasn't for me. I just needed the right case to come along to get me some decent power and to use with my HDTV.

Fortunately RVZ01 came along at the right time as I am now a proud owner of this beautiful case.

All my parts are in and it is rather similar to the beta Steam Machine specs.
Here it is:

RVZ01
i7 4770k
Cooler Master Seidon 120v
Gigabyte GA Z87N WiFi ITX
16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram
EVGA GTX 780
1 TB Seagate SSHD
SFX 450 G PSU
PP05-E Short Flat PSU cables

I will take pics of my parts and post them in this thread soon. This forum was recommended by the fellow I bought my GTX 780 off of. He said this was a very helpful community so I took his word for it and joined.

The only thing I am nervous about is applying my thermal paste correctly and placing my Seidon 120v on top of my CPU. I have read that putting 2mm pea sized ammount in the center of CPU and applying a certain ammount of pressure when placing my cooler on is the right way, but I don't want to put too little or too much paste on. I still have to read what Cooler Master says about it.

My aim is to have this build done by this Sunday or into early next week. Hopefully I don't run into any snags.

Nice setup!

As far as the Seidon, yes a pea sized amount will be fine. For Ivy/Haswell chips with paste under the IHS I prefer to apply a small line matching where the CPU die actually is instead of a pea sized glob but that is just me. Just make sure you tighten it down well and you should have no problems, although I would advise testing the system with the Intel heatsink just to verify operation before you put everything together since this is such a small case to build in and it would be a lot of effort to take it apart if something isn't working.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in