Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 723 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club

post #7221 of 7228 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 06:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Turing and RVZ01

Hey folks, I recently upgraded my graphics card to a 2070 Super. I’ve later discovered that Turing has issues with riser cards. Anyone using an RTX model? How has it been? I have the original RVZ01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7222 of 7228 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Issues with riser cards?
post #7223 of 7228 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:24 PM
d g
Holden34772

Hey guys,

firstly great forum, it was extremely helpful when building my ML-08B build and the creativity here is amazing.

have any of you had any luck replacing the GPU Riser cards? mine had a mishap during the last cleaning and silverstones response to how can i buy a replacement was we have no office in australia.
most of the cards i can find online are right angle connectors or cables.

while the gpu (rX480) still works , its very precise on its placement otherwise it wont initialize past the windows login.

any tips to the right direction would be very helpful.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7224 of 7228 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by lowmotion View Post
Issues with riser cards?
I wanted to ask this to x570 owners, I have a Fatal1ty AB350 itx/ac, everything works perfectly with both riser cards

Quote: Originally Posted by d g View Post
Hey guys,

firstly great forum, it was extremely helpful when building my ML-08B build and the creativity here is amazing.

have any of you had any luck replacing the GPU Riser cards? mine had a mishap during the last cleaning and silverstones response to how can i buy a replacement was we have no office in australia.
most of the cards i can find online are right angle connectors or cables.

while the gpu (rX480) still works , its very precise on its placement otherwise it wont initialize past the windows login.

any tips to the right direction would be very helpful.
Sounds like you're gonna have to order from the US
post #7225 of 7228 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Re:

Quote: Originally Posted by bidomo View Post
I wanted to ask this to x570 owners, I have a Fatal1ty AB350 itx/ac, everything works perfectly with both riser cards

Sounds like you're gonna have to order from the US
You can order directly from Silverstone Taiwan. At least that's what I did when I melted the pins on my riser card. You can contact Laney Huang. Her email is [email protected].

I'm from the Philippines and Taiwan was a heck of a lot closer to my country than the US. Seeing as your from Australia, I think you would agree. It still took a month for it to arrive though as they had to wait for the item to get back in stock.
post #7226 of 7228 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 06:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)
Right , will post up some pictures and thread to messy build log but here's what happens when your wife changes the living room and your ATX case no longer fits in/inside the ikea hemnes desk cupboard..... You fit the ATX board in an ITX CASE!

Silverstone Tek thankfully heard my cries and mad plans and sent myself their RVZ03 case ( unfortunately black but was meant to be white), SX700-G as i had a huge 850w Bequiet Pro 11 coming in at 150x 190mm .

Aorus X470 Gaming 7 and RTX 2080 was sponsored a while ago from Gigabyte but might get a refresh .

^^^not a lot of space for either Silverstones slim 240mm CLC or XSPC 20mm XT range

Side panel will go plexi but will cut out a mesh grill for the GPU
post #7227 of 7228 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)

3x 92mm fans will sit at the bottom .

build log here

to solve the gap issue quickly. Modders mesh will fill the gap between front fascia and side panel with getting ahold of another top/bottom panel and trimming down and attaching to current to extend its length

will have to get onto 3d printing new ones
post #7228 of 7228 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Avid Memer

Rep: 229 (Unique: 171)
I ordered an FTZ01-E the other day. I'm finally moving on from my X58 system. Newegg had the i9-9900KF on sale for $419.99 and I decided to take the bait. I know rumors say prices may drop when the i9-9900KS comes out, but I won't be missing much performance wise. I should have all of the following Tuesday:

• i9-9900KF
  • Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
  • 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200
  • Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB
  • SilverStone FTZ01-E
  • SeaSonic FOCUS SGX 650W

I'm salvaging the GPU and SSDs from my current build and using a 2TB FireCuda to replace the 3TB P300. I'll eventually replace those SSDs with larger ones, maybe around Black Friday. I won the FireCuda from a streamer on Twitch a little over a year ago and finally have a reason to use it.

Are the stock fans included with the FTZ01-E adequate for my components? I've been looking to buy some NF-A12x25 PWM fans but they're out of stock everywhere in the US. I plan on running my CPU at the lowest voltage possible to minimize heat. It's going to take some tweaking, but that's half the fun of a new build. I might even look to fit water cooling into this build at some point.

El Diablo
(19 items)
CPU
Intel Xeon X5670
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x58
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070
RAM
Mushkin 6x2GB XP3-12800
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300
Optical Drive
Samsung SH-S203B
Power Supply
Corsair AX750
Cooling
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Case
Fractal Design Define R4
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ RL2455HM
Monitor
BenQ XL2420Z
Keyboard
Deck Legend - Fire
Mouse
Razer Lachesis
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad
Audio
Astro A50
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in