Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club - Page 295 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?
Yes 254 93.38%
No 18 6.62%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2941 of 2950 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by hanscastorp View Post

I tried fitting a 120mm * 25mm fan as lateral exhaust but it doesn't fit. Probably an 80mm (or even 92mm) should fit OK.

PSU is intaking from the top.

Any suggestions on thermals / fan placement / mods?


Thanks
Fine work.

With regard to the RHS exhaust fan, it is unlikely a 25 mm fan of any diameter will work with an HSF, you may need to look at slimmer fans or mount the fan externally on the outside of the case. TBH even a 15 mm thick fan can cause issues with some motherboards, a 12mm is a safer bet.

As far as the LHS goes you can mount a couple of 60 x 15 mm fans above the graphics card. THis is not entirely necessary with your blower style card but makes a massive difference with more traditional GPUs that dump warm air into the case:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6cmx2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	265062  

clannagh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2942 of 2950 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Max78 View Post


Looks good! Nice and clean as well! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/specool.gif[/IMG]
Quote: Originally Posted by clannagh View Post

Fine work.

With regard to the RHS exhaust fan, it is unlikely a 25 mm fan of any diameter will work with an HSF, you may need to look at slimmer fans or mount the fan externally on the outside of the case. TBH even a 15 mm thick fan can cause issues with some motherboards, a 12mm is a safer bet.

As far as the LHS goes you can mount a couple of 60 x 15 mm fans above the graphics card. THis is not entirely necessary with your blower style card but makes a massive difference with more traditional GPUs that dump warm air into the case:

Thanks guys 🙂

I was looking at the Noctua LH-N9a, 92*14mm for lateral exhaust. I couldn't find anything else (cheaper) with the same size. It should (barely) fit, with help by a couple of zip ties.

I've tested the system (stock frequencies + voltage) and, as of now, I'm idling 39-43° depending on ambient temperature. Under game load I'm around 70-73°. Under synthetic load it goes up to 80-85°.

I'm not yet feeling the need to OC the CPU. The R5 2600 is a good unit so far.

I'm OCing the GPU though. My ASUS Turbo 1060-6Gb clocks ~1700Mhz on boost at stock, with 8Ghz memory bandwidth. I'm pushing ~2000Mhz for clock and 8.8Ghz for memory.

Temps stay around 70-72° under game load with a 45% fan. This tells me that the blower architecture works well in this small case, for now.

For 1080p gaming I'm OK. I've just bought a 4K TV which should arrive shortly. I'll see how the 1080p works on it and maybe try pushing 1440p on some games.

I don't think the 1060 can produce decent gameplay at 4K on most games so a new GPU is going to be an investment I'll have to consider in the near future. Problem is there seem to be no more blower style cards in the GTX 16 or 20 family, which is a shame for SFF case like the SG13. Probably AMD is a good bet as they still have reference blower cards.
hanscastorp is offline  
post #2943 of 2950 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by hanscastorp View Post
For 1080p gaming I'm OK. I've just bought a 4K TV which should arrive shortly. I'll see how the 1080p works on it and maybe try pushing 1440p on some games.

I don't think the 1060 can produce decent gameplay at 4K on most games so a new GPU is going to be an investment I'll have to consider in the near future. Problem is there seem to be no more blower style cards in the GTX 16 or 20 family, which is a shame for SFF case like the SG13. Probably AMD is a good bet as they still have reference blower cards.
ASUS do them:

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-RTX2060-6G/
https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-RTX2070-8G/
https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-RTX2080-8G/
clannagh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2944 of 2950 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Rep: 0
Thanks. I did miss those. The 2060 could work as an upgrade.

I've just ordered the Noctua NF-A9x14 for lateral exhaust. I'll report back.
hanscastorp is offline  
post #2945 of 2950 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff
 
animal0307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A corn field in Illinois.
Posts: 3,529
Rep: 116 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by CesarDRK View Post
So, is there something i can do with the SG13 to cool the 9900k? Is there anything better than the h80i that fits?

Or i will need to pick a different case?
What I had in my SG13 for about 3 years was a GTX 670 and a 2500K both under water in the same loop. Together they are about 250W of heat. I ran a single 120mmx60mm thick (might be 50 or 55) low FPI rad with a single Noctua NF-F12 industrial 3000 rpm fan in push. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to my load temps but I recall them always being below 70C even after hours of soaking. My fan also was set to run in silent mode and I always heard my pump over anything else. DDC in the swiftech CPU pump/block combo thing.

I would suggest you find thickest single 120mm AIO you can and buy a Noctua fan whether it's an A12 or F12 and rock it. You are limited to 60mm thick though I believe.

Some things to look out for though. You may not be able to use the 3.5in Bay depending on the orientation of your rad and you be will be limited to an ITX length GPU.

I have posted my build in this thread a few years back but sadly I have no links to it at the moment. If I break out my laptop I'll try to find it for you.


animal0307 is offline  
post #2946 of 2950 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 08:01 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
Useful diagram of Big Shuriken 3.

Diagram attached showing dimensions of Big Shuriken 3. It looks feasible with shorter ram and a SFX to mount this one backwards meaning the fan would be more exposed (less of the fan under the PSU). Looking at the diagram it might even be possible to cram on a 140 mm fan with 120 mm mounts such as the Noctua NFA-15, NF P14R or Thermaltake TY-147A/B, TY-143 (130 cfm but apparently gets loud) or even the 140mmx13mm TY-14013BW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big shuriken 3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	267250  


Last edited by clannagh; 04-28-2019 at 11:30 PM.
clannagh is offline  
post #2947 of 2950 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:39 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Mulven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Rep: 0
I'm planning a build in this beauty and I have a question surrounding the PSU selection.

-CPU: Ryzen 3000 Series
-GPU: Navi Series (Probably Blower)
-MOBO: New 3000 Boards (X500 probs)
-RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL15
-PSU: N/A
-STORAGE: ADATA SU650 960GB SSD / ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD
-COOLER: Corsair H60 (2018) in Push/Pull with two Noctua NF-A12x25s

I've gathered all the parts apart from cpu, gpu, mobo and psu. I'm wondering whether or not I should go for an upside down Corsair SF600 with a side exhaust NF-A9x14 or an upside down good tier SilverStone ATX 550-650W PSU with PP05-E cables. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.
Mulven is offline  
post #2948 of 2950 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:53 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
clannagh

Quote: Originally Posted by Mulven View Post
I'm planning a build in this beauty and I have a question surrounding the PSU selection.

-CPU: Ryzen 3000 Series
-GPU: Navi Series (Probably Blower)
-MOBO: New 3000 Boards (X500 probs)
-RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL15
-PSU: N/A
-STORAGE: ADATA SU650 960GB SSD / ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD
-COOLER: Corsair H60 (2018) in Push/Pull with two Noctua NF-A12x25s

I've gathered all the parts apart from cpu, gpu, mobo and psu. I'm wondering whether or not I should go for an upside down Corsair SF600 with a side exhaust NF-A9x14 or an upside down good tier SilverStone ATX 550-650W PSU with PP05-E cables. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.
The main advantage of the ATX will be cost.

Assuming by "upside down" you mean intake fan upwards, the main advantage of the SF600/sidefan combo is more airflow around the VRMs and other motherboard components.

Your H60 with 2x 25mm fans will fit but barely with 2 or 3 mm to spare.

Note that the NF-A9x14 sidefan works well with an AIO (like your design) however has mixed results with a HSF, in some cases it seems to even interfere with cooling.
clannagh is offline  
post #2949 of 2950 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Mulven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by clannagh View Post
The main advantage of the ATX will be cost.

Assuming by "upside down" you mean intake fan upwards, the main advantage of the SF600/sidefan combo is more airflow around the VRMs and other motherboard components.

Your H60 with 2x 25mm fans will fit but barely with 2 or 3 mm to spare.

Note that the NF-A9x14 sidefan works well with an AIO (like your design) however has mixed results with a HSF, in some cases it seems to even interfere with cooling.
My apologies for the poor terminology there. I think we are on the same page but just to make sure I was meaning using the PSU as an exhaust.

Yeah it is definitely a tight fit, seen some nice /r/perfectfit material when doing research on push pulls in the build.
Mulven is offline  
post #2950 of 2950 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Mulven View Post
My apologies for the poor terminology there. I think we are on the same page but just to make sure I was meaning using the PSU as an exhaust.
Just make sure you get a PSU where the fan is always on. "Quiet" PSU designs that stop the fan at low PSU temps are not ideal where the PSU is also the exhaust.
clannagh is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off