Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club - Page 297 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?
Yes 256 93.43%
No 18 6.57%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club

post #2961 of 2977 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Crazyb56 View Post
I can also find people saying that you can fit longer cards but they "can't be too tall" but nobody gives an example of the max height of the card.
There would be two restrictions on card height. The first is the top left side rail of the case. Tall very wide cards may hit this. The second is the cutout in the front of the case that allows longer cards to poke through into the front panel area, this cutout is limited height and may cause problems. Also an issue is the position of the PCIe power connectors. Sometimes the card will physically fit but the power connectors are impossible to get on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2962 of 2977 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Can anyone confirm whether or not the reference design Radeon RX 5700 (non-xt) will fit? Looks like it is narrow and low enough to slip into that front opening but I was hoping someone could confirm? ... worst case scenario is I grab the dremel and remove a little material from the case... its only 2mm over the max length.
post #2963 of 2977 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Generally the quoted absolute hard "maximums" for oversized cards in these cases are 53mm wide by 280mm long (requires trimming away plastic from the case front) by 129mm high. Your card should fit.

HOWEVER you also need to be able to get the PCIe power connectors on. This will depend partly on the physical location of the connectors on the card and also your PSU connector size and type, right angle connectors or an adapter may be necessary with some tall cards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2964 of 2977 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

I can officially confirm that the reference model AMD Radeon RX 5700 (non-xt) fits this case. In fact it fits it like a glove with plenty of room for the power connectors... but if it was another 2mm longer it would require trimming the front plastic panel. You do have to take the panel off, then feed the card in through the side and partially out the front, then backwards to the PCI-E slot like a 3 point turn in a car... but then it fits perfect and you just put the front panel back on and it's like it was made to fit this case. I'm happy with my purchase...
post #2965 of 2977 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

I am building a machine using this case for a private office.

Main goals are that it needs to be "absolutely silent" and mostly dust proof while also somewhat budget friendly.

It will use ryzen 2400G APU. Couldn't find noctua l9i anywhere in my country, actually only low profile cooler I could find that would fit ryzen and the limited space was akase nero lx2... Then I replaced the original fan with a noctua A12 I got a noctuakase frankencooler.

Main intake will be another noctua 140mm fan in the front side.

Here is my dilemma;

I can just do the no-brainer way and build it as is then psu gets dusty and noisy within a year or so.

Or the crazy way; use the psu as exhaust then reverse cpu fan so it sucks air from the cpu and blows it towards psu intake so all the air will have to go thru dust filter present in the front.

Has anyone tried something similar ? I am not sure how much heat psu can handle. It will get A LOT of air albeit a bit warm. Just wanted some opinions before I burn anything.
post #2966 of 2977 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

People have done it. Search this thread.

Things to consider:

1) The CPU cooling will be slightly less efficient
2) The VRMs and ram will get slightly less airflow
3) Make sure the PSU that you choose has a fan that is always on. A "quiet" style PSU that switches off the PSU fan is unsuitable with this type of case layout.
post #2967 of 2977 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 12:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Case is not bad, just don't buy a SILVERSTONE PSUs to with it, they truly suck, mine failed just after the warranty period ended, did a little research and I am not the only one. Buyers BEWARE!

post #2968 of 2977 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 6)
New build

New build update
ryzen 5 3600
rx 5700 xt reference
nzxt kraken x41 140mm aio cooler
4x 50mm fractal design r3 fan -> 4 slot fan hub -> mb
corsair sf600 platinum

cramped, tight fit, with good temps.
putting on the cover means adding 5-8 degree C to everything, still finding the solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190910_184225.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	294540  

Name:	IMG_20190910_184256.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	294542  

Name:	IMG_20190910_184158.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	294544  

Name:	IMG_20190910_184142.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	294546  

post #2969 of 2977 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by azdesign View Post

cramped, tight fit, with good temps.
putting on the cover means adding 5-8 degree C to everything, still finding the solution.
So the rad and the 4 small fans on top are all exhaust? Are there any intake fans anywhere ?
post #2970 of 2977 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by clannagh View Post
So the rad and the 4 small fans on top are all exhaust? Are there any intake fans anywhere ?
there are no intake fan.
the exhaust will suck air from ventilation holes. I drilled more holes on the cover and attached magnetic dust filters.
Still not working out well with the cover on. I need to figure out what cause the temp spike. my guess is:
1. there a small <1cm gap between exhaust and holes on the cover (top-side), which means, hot air might not be exiting properly and some got circulated back into the case
2. there might not enough holes for the intake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in