Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club - Page 298 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?
Yes 256 93.43%
No 18 6.57%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club

post #2971 of 2975 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by azdesign View Post
there are no intake fan.
the exhaust will suck air from ventilation holes. I drilled more holes on the cover and attached magnetic dust filters.
Still not working out well with the cover on. I need to figure out what cause the temp spike. my guess is:
1. there a small <1cm gap between exhaust and holes on the cover (top-side), which means, hot air might not be exiting properly and some got circulated back into the case
2. there might not enough holes for the intake
1. Buy some of that adhesive backed foam strip used to seal doors and windows and seal the gap. A bit like in the image below.

2. You probably need more ventilation on the side of the lid opposite the graphics card. There is only a small ventilated area at the rear of that side. This is intentional as if you are using a front intake fan most of the intake air would escape again out that side without cooling anything. In your configuration as much inlet area as possible on that side would be beneficial.

Interesting build by the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foam.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	294672  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 2975 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 06:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by clannagh View Post
1. Buy some of that adhesive backed foam strip used to seal doors and windows and seal the gap. A bit like in the image below.

2. You probably need more ventilation on the side of the lid opposite the graphics card. There is only a small ventilated area at the rear of that side. This is intentional as if you are using a front intake fan most of the intake air would escape again out that side without cooling anything. In your configuration as much inlet area as possible on that side would be beneficial.

Interesting build by the way.
thanks for the advice
for now i'm going to put some stacked foam double tape until it isolates well.
i will go look for door/windows sealer on weekend
here is some temp result after doing an hour of gaming with ambient temp of 30 degree C

1. cover off
cpu: 74 degree C
gpu: 84 degree C

2. cover on
cpu: 81 degree C
gpu: 86 degree C

3. cover on with isolation
cpu: 79 degree C
gpu: 85 degree C

Thanks again, it really is an improvement with the isolation.
post #2973 of 2975 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I sold my SG13 build with a strider 500w SFX-L couple of months ago, but as far as I can rememer, my build was extremly quiet (people complained a lot about some rattling issues with this particular silverstone psu). I am building a new mini PC and I need to choose PSU, a quiet PSU ... I have read a lot about SF450 Platinuim having ~22 Decibels on average. Have anyone used this PSU in SUGO? I am asking as I wonder if that build is going to end again with SG13

Last edited by qhash; 09-12-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2974 of 2975 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 07:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by qhash View Post
I sold my SG13 build with a strider 500w SFX-L couple of months ago, but as far as I can rememer, my build was extremly quiet (people complained a lot about some rattling issues with this particular silverstone psu). I am building a new mini PC and I need to choose PSU, a quiet PSU ... I have read a lot about SF450 Platinuim having ~22 Decibels on average. Have anyone used this PSU in SUGO? I am asking as I wonder if that build is going to end again with SG13
I have the gold and it is fairly quiet.

Toms reviewed the Platinum and liked it:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...u,5917-11.html
post #2975 of 2975 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
yeah, the average noise number I took from there. The problem is I somewhat can't believe/accept the fact that a 92mm FAN can be more quiet than any good 120mm fan. I might be wrong as my experience isn't great. I always went for as big fans as possible. Also "feeling" of how loud something works is often subjective. There is lots of information on the forums people stating that these Corsairs are all but not quiet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in