Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 02:43 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
lassebech123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
Rep: 0
Just a question, have you guys filled out the 80mm fan spot?
lassebech123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 02:51 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
IMI4tth3w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,163
Rep: 48 (Unique: 44)
Just did an air 240 build for my cousin and i have to say i love this case!

Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Pro4
CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz
GPU: MSI N760 TF 2GB
PSU: Corsair CX600
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75
Idle temp: 25C/28C
Load Temp: 79C/70C CPU/GPU

Thinking about changing up the mounting position of the H75 so the water tubes are at the top. These all in one water coolers are kind of a pain to get situated. But for now i think it looks good. Also the cable management for this thing is off the hook! nearly every single cable is invisible. I did however have to hide some cables underneath the mofset heatsink i'm hoping that won't be a problem. anyways on to pics.








My Rig: i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz | Maximus VII Hero z97 | 4x8GB Vengeance Pro @ 2133MHz C10 1.5V | GTX 1080ti | 500GB 960 Evo M.2 | Fractal Design Define S | 1TB Mushkin SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | AW 34" 1440p/120Hz UW
Wife's Rig: i7 4790k | Sabertooth Z87 | 4x8GB G.Skill 2400MHz C11 1.65V | GTX 1080ti Strix | 256GB 840 Evo | Thermaltake Core P5 | Corsair AX860 | EK DDC PWM | 2TB WD Black HDD | 27" Dell S2716DG
Server: i7 3770k @ 4.0GHz | Asrock Extreme4 Z77 | 4x4GB G.Skill 1600MHz | GTX 780ti | 250GB 850 evo | Corsair Carbide 500R | Demciflex Filtering | 4TB WD Red | 4TB WD Green
Main Laptop: Dell i7559 | i7 6700hq | GTX 960m | 500GB 850 Evo M.2 | 1TB HDD | 1080p 120Hz TN Monitor
Secondary Laptop: Dell Inspiron N5110 | i7 2640m | GT 525m | 2x4GB Corsair 1333MHz | 250GB 850 evo | 640GB Seagate HDD


IMI4tth3w is offline  
post #23 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,622
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Here are some pics of my build, transferred everything over to the 240 and then also added the NZXT G10 and H75..



CaptainZombie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
domp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassebech123 View Post

Just a question, have you guys filled out the 80mm fan spot?

I'm using 2 80mm BlacksilentPro's which are one of the best 80mm fans out there I think. However, they are really expensive at 19 bucks per piece and they barely move any air if you run them at low rpm's like I do. So don't fill those 80mm fan spots, it's really not worth it. Instead buy some good 120mm outtake fans for the top.
domp is offline  
post #25 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 10:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
lassebech123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
Rep: 0
I already Got 4xnoctua nf-f12, Can you fit more than 4 120mm fans with a Matx?
lassebech123 is offline  
post #26 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
domp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassebech123 View Post

I already Got 4xnoctua nf-f12, Can you fit more than 4 120mm fans with a Matx?

Sorry, I missed your reply on page 1. No, you cant fit more than 4 120mm fans with a matx board. Unless you do a push/pull config on your h100i, but that wouldn't make much sense with a slim radiator. Also, the noctua nf-f12 are some excellent radiator fans. Like you said, not ideal as case intake fans, but with outtake fans it doesn't matter if they are radiator or case fans. I also use 2 radiator fans for my outtake.
domp is offline  
post #27 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
treadstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Hi, i have to say, loving this case is an understatement, i am just so happy with the layout. Plus my build came out even better then i expected.

Just finished my main driver, and i am very excited, here is the

specs....

Here is a GPUz for now, still need to start tweaking and see what she can do.... thumb.gif

It's so cool using the Red ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79, i went with red fans and red ram,
Man it looks so sweet with the red "LIGHTNING" SO close to the top and just glowing out the window,

Pics to follow tomorrow.......


It was tough but so sweet to fit the MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING into the Corsair Air 240.
It took the right power connection wires but i got it all to fit with no

bulging on the top, Man it came out very sweet, I will have a lot of pictures to
follow in the next day or so, I am just so happy she is done!

So here is my build list.

- Corsair Carbide Series Air 240
- ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79
- Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 6-Core 3.4GHz
- CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i
- 3 red LED corsair 120mm fans
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
- SAMSUNG 840 EVO 500GB SATA III (SSD)
- I even integrated a fan and fan controller so i can adjust any fan in the
system when ever i want to.

I can't wait to show it off.......


happy holidays!
treadstone is offline  
post #28 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 02:23 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
lassebech123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
Rep: 0
I am going to run a h100i, should i run it in push or pull ?
lassebech123 is offline  
post #29 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
treadstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassebech123 View Post

I am going to run a h100i, should i run it in push or pull ?

i RAN MINE in pushing air in from the front then thru the radiator, so that was the main air flow in, plus it gave the radiator cool air, plus i wanted the red corsair fans to show out the front.
i also have a massive video card so i put a slim 90mm fan on the video card side pushing in cool right on my card to help keep tt cool
then ran 2 80mm in the back and 1 120mm on the other side pulling air out and it was perfect because it was at the spot of the mosfit heatsinks and ram
so it gives it some nice airflow and keeps it optimally cool.

hope that helps
treadstone is offline  
post #30 of 3901 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,622
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadstone View Post

Hi, i have to say, loving this case is an understatement, i am just so happy with the layout. Plus my build came out even better then i expected.

Just finished my main driver, and i am very excited, here is the

specs....

Here is a GPUz for now, still need to start tweaking and see what she can do.... thumb.gif

It's so cool using the Red ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79, i went with red fans and red ram,
Man it looks so sweet with the red "LIGHTNING" SO close to the top and just glowing out the window,

Pics to follow tomorrow.......


It was tough but so sweet to fit the MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING into the Corsair Air 240.
It took the right power connection wires but i got it all to fit with no

bulging on the top, Man it came out very sweet, I will have a lot of pictures to
follow in the next day or so, I am just so happy she is done!

So here is my build list.

- Corsair Carbide Series Air 240
- ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79
- Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 6-Core 3.4GHz
- CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i
- 3 red LED corsair 120mm fans
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
- SAMSUNG 840 EVO 500GB SATA III (SSD)
- I even integrated a fan and fan controller so i can adjust any fan in the
system when ever i want to.

I can't wait to show it off.......


happy holidays!

Can't wait to see your build, which fan controllers did you use? I am trying to figure out with which one to go with for my build.
CaptainZombie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off