[Build log] Thermaltake Core V1 remake and full custom watercooling. - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build log] Thermaltake Core V1 remake and full custom watercooling.

post #151 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 11:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darron View Post

thumb.gif
I havn't had time to Work on it, so they are still in the box.

You can use original panels just fine. Can't have any temp sensors installed in the radiator end holes though - I originally planned to do that.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming. Wanted to make sure before I start cutting tonight smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 160 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 11)
I managed to install 2 temp sensors in the ports facing towards the front instead. I use those for my LCD displays. I would have liked the other two sensors to go to my controller board.
Ended up placing some sensors in other locations.
post #153 of 160 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darron View Post

I managed to install 2 temp sensors in the ports facing towards the front instead. I use those for my LCD displays. I would have liked the other two sensors to go to my controller board.
Ended up placing some sensors in other locations.

I Darron. Can i ask you what's the current status? Cheers.

PS. Congratulations. This build you did, the planning,the pratical engineer aproach, the way you reported it, great material!
Where can i find the 3D printer? :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 160 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretorama View Post

I Darron. Can i ask you what's the current status? Cheers.

PS. Congratulations. This build you did, the planning,the pratical engineer aproach, the way you reported it, great material!
Where can i find the 3D printer? :-)
Thanks smile.gif
Status is that it's just standing collecting dust really smile.gif

Some of the Things I've made on and for 3D printer:
http://www.thingiverse.com/dintid/designs

I have build 4 different printers, where the first one was to learn about it, which landed me in an Instructables final smile.gif
http://www.instructables.com/id/Complete-newbie-step-by-step-3D-printer-with-all-p/

Following that learning journey, I build a "real" 3D printer, and now have 2 large sized printers based on the Ultimaker 2 smile.gif
post #155 of 160 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 10:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Man, those are some great temperatures but how is the noise with the fan RPM? I can't decide between doing an mATX or mITX build. Temps and noise are my main concerns but after seeing what you had to go through to make what looks simple, fit, I don't know anymore about the mITX. You think there are simpler ways of doing it with this case if I forgo some aesthetics while still aiming for same performance?
post #156 of 160 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

I was planning on using a 200mm rad in my build as well, but seeing the preparation and modding needed in doing so makes me want to simply drop down to a 140mm rad. Do you think a 140 would be sufficient to cool both the CPU and GPU? I've heard that 200mm fans aren't too great for rads either, so that's also steering me away.
post #157 of 160 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStreak View Post

Man, those are some great temperatures but how is the noise with the fan RPM? I can't decide between doing an mATX or mITX build. Temps and noise are my main concerns but after seeing what you had to go through to make what looks simple, fit, I don't know anymore about the mITX. You think there are simpler ways of doing it with this case if I forgo some aesthetics while still aiming for same performance?

If you really want more flexibility for watercooling, I recommend you get the Core V21. Pretty much the same case but larger, and has tons of support for res/pump/rad mounts. That would certainty make it easier for a 200mm rad to fit, but more importantly you can fit more standard sized rads.

The more you cram into the V1, the louder it sounds, from my experience at least, as it can get pretty cramped in there and block alot of airflow. There's no real way of getting around this without doing some modding to strip the interior and make mounting easier.
post #158 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 12:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Hey Darron,

I know this is an old thread, but I started planning my next build a couple months ago and the only thing I had already decided on at the time was that I wanted it to be a mini-ITX build using the Core V1 case, which I'd already procured. Around the same time, I was experimenting with delid and my first custom liquid cooling loop in order to get my current system (4790K) to 5ghz, which was a great success. This ultimately led me to the decision that my next system (which would be Coffee Lake) would also be delidded and custom liquid, so naturally I thought to search for a 200mm x 200mm radiator and see if it would be plausible to pair with the Core V1 case. I was only able to find one 200mm x 200mm radiator (the phobya), and only one instance of someone pairing it with this particular case - which was right here on your thread. I have already modified my case and planned/situated the cooling system, so I am now just waiting (impatiently, lol) for the mobo/cpu when Coffee Lake becomes available.

Anyway, it's obvious that you spent considerable time on the case mod planning and implementation, and from reading your posts I would venture to guess you probably spent even more time capturing and relaying the information/experiment to the members here. I can tell you are very thoughtful and meticulous, and I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of this. This is the first time I've stopped to write anything or make my presence known on this thread, but I've accessed it many, many times throughout my research and planning, and it was incredibly helpful. Without this thread, I probably would have never even risked purchasing the radiator for fear that it wouldn't be feasible.

Thank you for all the time you invested on this.

Ian

post #159 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Here are a few of my pics for fun =D

Obviously the craftsmanship is not comparable to yours, but I did what I could with my dremel. I would have probably taken more time and done practice runs if I was more concerned with aesthetics, but I'm really just after performance.

Cheers

post #160 of 160 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Does 200mm rad block or touch full length size gpu?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in