Fractal Design Node 202 Owners Thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Fractal Design Node 202 Owners Thread

post #11 of 738 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 17 (Unique: 17)
I have already ordered the Gelid fan and DeepCool cooler. Should arrive monday. Also, I have redone my cable management , now it looks like this.

The temperatures have dropped for motherboard by 5C, before it was 49C idle now it's at 43-44C.
As for GPU I'm really tight on budget and not sure which one I will be getting temporarily. Maybe even a 750Ti, should be enough for minimum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 738 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
CPU coolers in such a thin case is always a pain, from reading many reviews on slim coolers none of them seem to have half-decent cooling and are usually worse or no better than intel stock cooler. Noctua NH-L9i cools the CPU by a small margin better but is more silent. What thermal compound have you used?

I'm using arctic silver 5 thermal paste.

I mentioned my CPU temps to a friend, and he told me he thought those temps were normal for the prime 95 torture test. Apparently that test pushes the CPU to extreme stress levels that you wouldn't normally see in any real gaming. I'm gonna try maxing out a few games on steam and see what the temps are from gaming just to get a more realistic view. If they are still hot, then I'll order one of those fans you recommended.

post #13 of 738 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

It is true that Prime95 stresses your cpu to it's limit and you most likely won't get such high temps in regular use. I suggest trying out Witcher 3 or GTA5, probably one of the most demanding games as of yet.
Don't rush with buying CPU cooler, I'll soon post the results of deepcool cooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 738 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Today I have received the CPU cooler and the fan.

The radiator comes with 4 heatpipes and is 40mm tall.
About the fan: all 120mm slim fans have vibrations, while below 1200 rpm it is hardly noticeable and almost non hearable, when it goes all the way to 1400rpm you can hear the fan vibrations and the airflow very well. Will have to place some thin rubber around the cooler so it wouldn't make any vibration noise during high rpm's.
Preparing for installation:
As you can see the cpu cooler comes with a thermal paste (some deepcool one), however I use Gelid GC-Extreme for my PC/laptop all the time.

After the installation, as we can see the radiator height is truly 40mm and a fan should fit no problem.

I can say that with fan there is very little amount of soace between the dust filter and the fan itself, so some thin rubber should fit no problem for noise dampening from the cooler.
After complete installation the cable management for me looks like this:

As for the temperatures.
Idle:

Load:

I recommend this to everyone who is concerned about high CPU temperatures, though you can hear the airflow at high rpm.
post #15 of 738 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 03:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Well, with your rams it seems a bit easier to get this 24pin power cable routed. I made some cable routing by clinging cables near riser and over mobo's backplate and it looks like this:

I need to invest in angled SATA cables tho.

Got GPU yesterday so here are current temps:

MAX shows temperatures under actual max load, however GPU fan doesn't go over 70% (100% was set manually to feel this hurricane for a moment smile.gif ) Under regular load it is like CPU 57C, GPU ~80C, HDD 36C, SSD 42C.
post #16 of 738 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

The only reason I have not bought the 1151 socket is because there is no LP DDR4 ram.
I got myself Sapphire R7 370 Nitro 4GB, it never got above 80C under load.
post #17 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 05:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arengeta View Post

The only reason I have not bought the 1151 socket is because there is no LP DDR4 ram.
I got myself Sapphire R7 370 Nitro 4GB, it never got above 80C under load.

Never over 80? Is that with Horizontal orientation as well? I'd always heard the AMD cards run hot, but that sounds no hotter than my GTX 960 blower style.

post #18 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

No. That is in horizontal position, actually I have never tried it in vertical after buying that card.
I have 2 intake fans in the GPU area. Without the intake fans the GPU reaches 89C in games like witcher 3 and dying light.
post #19 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Just did a 10 minute test in unigine valley, in vertical orientation GPU temperature didn't go above 74-75C. Momentary 76C but it often stayed within 75C range.
In horizontal it was 9-10C hotter. From 84 to 86C.
post #20 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arengeta View Post

Just did a 10 minute test in unigine valley, in vertical orientation GPU temperature didn't go above 74-75C. Momentary 76C but it often stayed within 75C range.
In horizontal it was 9-10C hotter. From 84 to 86C.

I hate that the temperatures are so much better in vertical. Almost makes me want to cut a hole in my entertainment center and set the case over the top of it for better airflow.

Tags
node 202 , node202

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in