Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club

post #11 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 09:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I have the 1070 version of the Strix, if I have it face the back of the mobo are there any issues to worry about?

If the 1070 Strix is the same as the 1080 Ti size-wise, then it doesn’t properly fit in the bracket. I had to take the bracket out of the case (as per the user manual), take the screw insert out and slightly bend/force the bracket over the plastic fan cover. It’s not aweful, but it did slightly scratch the plastic a bit... It was also slightly trickier to get the bracket back in the case. It sounds worse than it is - in the end it fitted and it all works great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
This case is just too pretty. I have an 850 SeaSonic gold 160mm that I don't want to downgrade to a 600 Corsair because I don't want to hamper my overclocking.

Am I overreacting? Or are components so efficient now that 600 is just as good as 850 for overclocking?

post #13 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 06:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm trying out that new 650watt SFX PSU from Silverstone. Works well so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qiUip View Post

If the 1070 Strix is the same as the 1080 Ti size-wise, then it doesn’t properly fit in the bracket. I had to take the bracket out of the case (as per the user manual), take the screw insert out and slightly bend/force the bracket over the plastic fan cover. It’s not aweful, but it did slightly scratch the plastic a bit... It was also slightly trickier to get the bracket back in the case. It sounds worse than it is - in the end it fitted and it all works great.

I will have to take a look at the dimensions of both cards to compare. That looks like a hell of a bend there, can you bend it back without any issues?

I do want to get a 1080 or 1080 Ti, this could force me into getting one sooner. It seems like the EVGA 1080 Ti SC fits in this case pretty well.
post #15 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 12:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I will have to take a look at the dimensions of both cards to compare. That looks like a hell of a bend there, can you bend it back without any issues?

I do want to get a 1080 or 1080 Ti, this could force me into getting one sooner. It seems like the EVGA 1080 Ti SC fits in this case pretty well.

Yup, it snaps right back. The angle I took the photo makes it seem worse than it is, and this is before I pushed it all the way over the plastic fan cover so it looks crocked. When I get my new PSU cables I’ll take it out and photograph it again. I plan on going with a waterblock later so it willl completely resolve this issue anyways.
post #16 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post

I'm trying out that new 650watt SFX PSU from Silverstone. Works well so far.

Yes, it’s awesome! No issues even when pushing my CPU to 5.0GHz. smile.gif
post #17 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qiUip View Post

Yup, it snaps right back. The angle I took the photo makes it seem worse than it is, and this is before I pushed it all the way over the plastic fan cover so it looks crocked. When I get my new PSU cables I’ll take it out and photograph it again. I plan on going with a waterblock later so it willl completely resolve this issue anyways.

That is good to hear. Whenever you can get more pics up is always cool.

Are you using 140mm fans in the front or 120s? If I use 140, will there be an issue with placing a 120mm rad on the bottom/base at all?

I’m supposed to get the case delivered today, but won’t be able to start the build till tomorrow evening. I bought a SilverStone PWM fan hub yesterday to get all of the fans running in this case to try and keep it cool. I wish they would have sold a rear panel with vented air holes and a dust filter where the GPU sits if you didn’t want that to be glass. It’d probably help with some of the air flow, but it doesn’t sound like heat is that big of an issue in this case.

If the 1070 Ti wasn’t coming out I’d consider the 1080, but stupid NVIDIA pretty much is killing that card with this tactic. Seems like the jump from my 1070 to the Ti would make more sense than a 1080.
post #18 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

That is good to hear. Whenever you can get more pics up is always cool.

Are you using 140mm fans in the front or 120s? If I use 140, will there be an issue with placing a 120mm rad on the bottom/base at all?

I’m supposed to get the case delivered today, but won’t be able to start the build till tomorrow evening. I bought a SilverStone PWM fan hub yesterday to get all of the fans running in this case to try and keep it cool. I wish they would have sold a rear panel with vented air holes and a dust filter where the GPU sits if you didn’t want that to be glass. It’d probably help with some of the air flow, but it doesn’t sound like heat is that big of an issue in this case.

If the 1070 Ti wasn’t coming out I’d consider the 1080, but stupid NVIDIA pretty much is killing that card with this tactic. Seems like the jump from my 1070 to the Ti would make more sense than a 1080.

For full watercoolong? I think it’s either slim 240 front and slim 120 bottom, or 280 front. If you are asking if a 120 rad will fit with only a 140 fan in the front (but no rad) they I still doubt it - but how would such a setup work anyways?!

I’m using all 140mm fans. 2 be quite! silent wing 3 at the top (near the MB) and the base of the case, and the 2 fans that came with the Kraken for now. I put the Kraken in the AiO pump header and it controls the fans via its own software (not through the MB headers), the top 140 fan in he CPU header and the bottom fan in the Chasis header. It seems to work good that way. When I go water will replace all with Noctua 140mm fans.

As for the GPU, I think I read somewhere that the 1070Ti will be voltage locked and you won’t be able to push it beyond stock, unlike the 1080 - so there is that. Double check it though! I wouldn’t upgrade from 1070 to 1070Ti or 1080, it’s 1080Ti or wait for Volta. smile.gif

Edit: video link to 1070Ti not being overclockable - https://youtu.be/BiTGk2DaT2E
post #19 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Here's my entry to the club...biggrin.gif

• Asus Z270i
  • Intel Core i7-7700K
  • Nvidia Titan Xp (2017)
  • G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
  • (2X) 1 TB Samsung 960 Evo M.2
  • Corsair SF600
  • XSPC Ion Pump/Reservoir
  • EK-FB ASUS Z270I Strix RGB Monoblock
  • EK-FC Titan X Pascal - Nickel Water Block
  • EK-CoolStream PE 240 (38mm)
  • EK-CoolStream PE 120 (38mm)
  • (5X) Corsair HD120 RGB fans
  • (1X) Corsair HD140 RGB fan
  • CORSAIR Commander PRO
  • CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO

Yeh...A lot of stuff to get in there, LOL. eek.gif

...but I got it all to fit biggrin.gif

"Taste the Rainbow"

I still have a couple other little tweaks to do...more pics coming soon biggrin.gif

post #20 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 03:46 PM
2 Easy

Rep: 70 (Unique: 52)
I would have went with the SE rads to give yourself more breathing room but great work its similar to my build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in