Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club

post #21 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 PM
2 Easy

Rep: 70 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post

This case is just too pretty. I have an 850 SeaSonic gold 160mm that I don't want to downgrade to a 600 Corsair because I don't want to hamper my overclocking.

Am I overreacting? Or are components so efficient now that 600 is just as good as 850 for overclocking?

Your not downgrading you wont use anything close to 800 watts a any given time you will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 02:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Beautiful build nwkrep82. Def going to take some inspiration for my loop design. I think I’m going to go for a single 280 though (as I have one already) and an ek DCC pump/res combo that I will mount horizontally over the PSU, plus some Noctua Industrial PPC fans with the Phanteks Halos. I might go the extra mile and custom cut some ventilation into the front panel too (water jet cutter), but really not sure if I can manage that!

Hope I can get started on it this year, but more likely early next year. :/
post #23 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 05:16 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

I would have went with the SE rads to give yourself more breathing room but great work its similar to my build.

Hey! How have you been? I'm the guy that purchased your Lian Li PC05SX, with 240 rad, and EK Asus Impact Monoblock.

This build mostly transferred from the later revision of the Lian Li build. I actually did a mod on the Lian Li case to fit a 38mm thick 240 rad...The SE I got from you really wasn't giving me the ideal amount of cooling capacity I wanted for an overclocked TItan Xp and 7700K. So I went with the PE rad. That rad just transferred to this build.

My idea was to push the limit of what can fit in this case (of course with the aesthetics and performance to match). I have other ideas for this case to push it even further...
Quote:
Originally Posted by qiUip View Post

Beautiful build nwkrep82. Def going to take some inspiration for my loop design. I think I’m going to go for a single 280 though (as I have one already) and an ek DCC pump/res combo that I will mount horizontally over the PSU, plus some Noctua Industrial PPC fans with the Phanteks Halos. I might go the extra mile and custom cut some ventilation into the front panel too (water jet cutter), but really not sure if I can manage that!

Hope I can get started on it this year, but more likely early next year. :/

I definitely appreciate inspiring you...as I have been inspired by others in the community.

The pump/res combo I used was from a previous build this replaced. I actually have another idea for a custom pump/res combo that I'm still working out all the details.

A custom cut front panel would be awesome and definitely add to overall air flow in this case. It's an idea I have also been thoroughly investigating.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 07:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

I would have went with the SE rads to give yourself more breathing room but great work its similar to my build.

tbh i think it'd be juuuust right if the vertical rad wasnt push/pull. i mean, its still amazing and very similar to my mock up but to me the push/pull is just too much.

RIP.
2017 OCN best OCN.
post #25 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 21)

Specs in sig. Just waiting for a 4790k from my buddy.
post #26 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 06:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
Im seriously thinking about getting this case and cramming a whole lot of liquid cooling in it. But in order for my plans to work i would need to remove the internal divider between the motherboard and the psu area. The thing with the phanteks logo that opens to hide the cables.

Is that part removable or is it riveted on?

Thanks in advance

post #27 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 07:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer S View Post

Im seriously thinking about getting this case and cramming a whole lot of liquid cooling in it. But in order for my plans to work i would need to remove the internal divider between the motherboard and the psu area. The thing with the phanteks logo that opens to hide the cables.

Is that part removable or is it riveted on?

Thanks in advance

Took a quick glance and looks riveted.
post #28 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
I am quickly learning these cables for the SF600 are the worst, they are so damn stiff.

I've worked in some PITA ITX cases in the past, but I feel like this one if you don't have the right hardware can be just as tough even though it is a bit bigger in size. For one, if you have a mobo that can use 1 or even 2x M.2, you will be golden. My SATA cables will only reach to use 2 HDD's in this case, and those are very tight. I'll probably have to put this build I think on the back burner till I figure out what I am doing with my system hardware.

I did try the 1070 Strix OC, it does fit without having to bend the bracket which is nice.
post #29 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:29 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I am quickly learning these cables for the SF600 are the worst, they are so damn stiff.

For the Corsair SF600, I'm actually using a combination of 2 of their premium sleeved cable kits (which I happened to already have on hand from previous builds). I really am not a fan of the flat cables.

Corsair CP-8920144 - This is their standard length starter kit...the 24-pin and the CPU 4+4 pin are long enough to reach with the route I wanted the cables to run.

Corsair CP-8920202 - This is their SF premium cable kit (shorter cables) ...I used the pcie and sata cables from this kit.

Of course, I have a Shift X, so cable length requirements may be different if your in a Shift and the orientation of your GPU, motherboard, desired cable routing, etc.

post #30 of 520 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwkrep82 View Post

For the Corsair SF600, I'm actually using a combination of 2 of their premium sleeved cable kits (which I happened to already have on hand from previous builds). I really am not a fan of the flat cables.

Corsair CP-8920144 - This is their standard length starter kit...the 24-pin and the CPU 4+4 pin are long enough to reach with the route I wanted the cables to run.

Corsair CP-8920202 - This is their SF premium cable kit (shorter cables) ...I used the pcie and sata cables from this kit.

Of course, I have a Shift X, so cable length requirements may be different if your in a Shift and the orientation of your GPU, motherboard, desired cable routing, etc.

Thanks! I’ll take a look at both of these kits then. What did you do about any hard drives and/or sSDs? The SATA connectors bend the heck out of the ssd connectors. I was looking through some of the builds and looks like many are just using M.2 drives. Yeah I’m using standard Shift. I love the case but damn is there some rather difficult maneuvering in this one and I’ve even built systems in the SilverStone Sg13 which wasn’t easy either but not as bad as this case.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in