Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,599
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Welcome to the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club @ OCN!! If you would like to join the club, post some pics/ description of your build.


Shift

The craftsmanship of the Evolv Shift can be seen in every detail. From efficient space utilization to innovative features, the Shift delivers a compact housing that packs plenty of power. Every aspect of the Shift has been thoughtfully designed to be intuitive, clean and accessible. The interior is designed to meet the demand of AIO water cooling. Due to its small footprint and versatile placement, the Shift will look impressive anywhere in your home environment or office space.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-Shift.html


Shift X


The Evolv Shift X combines premium finishes and distinctive design to stand tall amongst the crowd. From smart space utilization to innovative features, the Shif t X delivers the ultimate level of power ful and slim configurations. Every aspect of the Shift X has been thoughtfully designed to be intuitive, clean and accessible. The interior is designed to meet the demand of water cooling enthusiasts. Due to its small footprint and versatile placement, the Shift X will look impressive anywhere in your home environment or office space.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-Shift-X.html
CaptainZombie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 08:59 AM
2 Easy
 
nyk20z3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 3,350
Rep: 70 (Unique: 52)
I am always working on different builds and i was excited for the Shift release for my secondary mini build so here we go.

Build List-

Phanteks Shift
Asus Z270i Gaming
Intel 7600K
Corsair LPX 2X8GB 3200Mhz
Samsung EVO 512GB M.2
Asus Direct CUII 960
Corsair SF450
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120mm
Cooler Master MasterFan Pro Balance RGB 120mm X2

This is my spare build so i was thinking of putting a 1080 mini or possible a 1070 Ti in it at some point.




nyk20z3 is offline  
post #3 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,599
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

I am always working on different builds and i was excited for the Shift release for my secondary mini build so here we go.

Build List-

Phanteks Shift
Asus Z270i Gaming
Intel 7600K
Corsair LPX 2X8GB 3200Mhz
Samsung EVO 512GB M.2
Asus Direct CUII 960
Corsair SF450
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120mm
Cooler Master MasterFan Pro Balance RGB 120mm X2

This is my spare build so i was thinking of putting a 1080 mini or possible a 1070 Ti in it at some point.

Nice build nyk! My Shift should be delivered on Thursday from Newegg. I kept hoping that Amazon would get them in to use Prime and get it a few days sooner, but no dice.

I am very interested to see what the temps are like in this case since I went with the regular Shift. I will be using my H75 to cool the CPU. The X was just too tall for me to have as the HTPC, I currently have the Corsair 460X which is rather huge next to the TV.

My goal is to see if I can cram 3x SSDs and 1x 3.5 HDD in this. My motherboard doesn't have M.2 to consolidate one of these SSDs. I won't be upgrading my 4790k till next year since I want to see if Intel goes mainsteam with their 8 core CPUs or if they will stick with the 6 cores for awhile.

I am hoping that there are no issues fitting the Asus Strix OC 1070, it is a 2 slot so it should be good. I am contemplating soon to maybe get a 1080 Ti.
CaptainZombie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,599
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Here is a build log video from Tek Everything, looking good and screenshots alone don't seem to do this case justice. He does a good job trying to explain what you can and can't fit in this case.

CaptainZombie is offline  
post #5 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 07:39 PM
2 Easy
 
nyk20z3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 3,350
Rep: 70 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Here is a build log video from Tek Everything, looking good and screenshots alone don't seem to do this case justice. He does a good job trying to explain what you can and can't fit in this case.


Good review i like how he orientated the aio tubing as i did mine the same way and its very clean looking. The only issue i really have with the Shift is the riser cable is too short to rotate the gpu so the fans face the glass. Unless its a mini gpu the gpu will make contact with the psu and its just not feasible. If we had another inch or so to play with it would be perfect.
nyk20z3 is offline  
post #6 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
qiUip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Here’s my build. Not fully finished - waiting for some custome cables and want to give it a few more touches.

The build is temporary until I have the time to put it on water later this year or early next year.

At first I put the GPU fans facing the glass, but thermals were awe full so I flipped it back. The 2.5 width Strix is a real squeeze! Had to slightly end the bracket to fit.

i7-8700k, delided (prebined 5GHz OcUK)
Asus Strix 1080 Ti
Asus Strix Z370i
G.Skill 3200MHz 2x8GB
Samsung Polaris 960 Pro 512MB M.2 SSD
NZXT Kraken X62
SilverStone SST-SX650-G













qiUip is offline  
post #7 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 03:53 PM
2 Easy
 
nyk20z3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 3,350
Rep: 70 (Unique: 52)
How tight is the clearance with he gpu fans facing the window i have the same GPU but water cooled ?
nyk20z3 is offline  
post #8 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 12:16 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
qiUip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

How tight is the clearance with he gpu fans facing the window i have the same GPU but water cooled ?

With a water block you shouldn’t have any issues. It’s the extra half a slot thickness of the heat sink on the Strix that makes it tight, and also then it fits without a problem. The issues is that it’s blowing the air against the glass with hardly any gap so that the hot air recirculates back into the GPU which is very inefficient.
qiUip is offline  
post #9 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 05:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
qiUip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

Good review i like how he orientated the aio tubing as i did mine the same way and its very clean looking. The only issue i really have with the Shift is the riser cable is too short to rotate the gpu so the fans face the glass. Unless its a mini gpu the gpu will make contact with the psu and its just not feasible. If we had another inch or so to play with it would be perfect.

In the shift x the raiser cable gave me enough wiggle room to rotate the GPU, but having the fan(s) facing the glass was really not ideal for thermals. The GPU got into the 80c range really quickly in games and hit thermal limits (set to 85c) in synthetic benchmarks! Now it's sitting comfortably at games around low 70s and stress testing for 20 min lower 80s. Opening the top helps a bit too.

I'm thinking of getting the front panel cut (with a water-jet cutter in the Mech Eng dp. at work) to increase airflow a bit. Need to check how feasible that will though...
qiUip is offline  
post #10 of 478 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
 
CaptainZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,599
Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qiUip View Post

With a water block you shouldn’t have any issues. It’s the extra half a slot thickness of the heat sink on the Strix that makes it tight, and also then it fits without a problem. The issues is that it’s blowing the air against the glass with hardly any gap so that the hot air recirculates back into the GPU which is very inefficient.

I have the 1070 version of the Strix, if I have it face the back of the mobo are there any issues to worry about?
CaptainZombie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off