So it's been a few years since I started my Ex-Box 360 build, and I think I'm done with it. I updated that thread last week with it completed at PDXLAN last month. The build was even featured by AMD and they interviewed me. Got me itching to step my game up.
A few friends of mine had been pushing me to do something in an Xbox One; which I took a look at, and once again realized it would be too easy. I could fit normal components in it and just boot it. Enter in my new project: a One S, fully watercooled with a custom loop.
I didn't want to post things too early, since I already did that on my personal FB and had a few other people jump on the train and build their own.
As parts are purchased I will come back and add them here.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2400G
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming
Motherboard Tray: CaseLabs Mercury S3 or Lian-Li PC-Q25 (unsure of yet)
CPU Waterblock: XSPC RayStorm Pro RGB WaterBlock White
CPU Waterblock: Swiftech Apogee SKF
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz
SSD: Samsung PM961 250GB NVMe
Radiator: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 50mm Triple
Radiator fans: 3x GELID Silent5 FN-SX05-40
Rigid fittings: Primochill RevolverSX - Sky White
Rigid fittings: Nanoxia CF Hard Tube G1/4" to 12mm
PSU: HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX Power Supply
Sleeving: Teleios (Acid Green & Polar White), done by 'Tek by Design'
The cables and screws will be custom done for the build by a local modder, Tek by Design.
But here is the start of the project!
The day the shell arrived:
The system was already stripped out, I had just bought the shell off of ebay - so I got straight down to removing the plastic I didn't need that would just take up system space.
I planned out how I wanted to do the build more this time, and came up with the idea for a custom scratch built frame to hold all of the components. One I could just slip in the shell and drop in place, once I knew it was the right size.
I went to Lowes and picked up some short pieces of metal (couldn't get any longer than 3', wouldn't fit in my Lexus or my fiance's Miata otherwise)
Below is what it looks like when I test fit first inside of the console.
Took the metal out, gave it some marks...
Cut each piece down to slot into the other one.
Just this morning finished the other side.
And finally test fit back into the console.