Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs. - Page 453 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs.

post #4521 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 28)
I can't really think what else would belong there, it seems like everything specific to SFF is covered.

I'm looking forward to seeing the SFX PSU category, I'm looking at buying an ST45SF-G to give me room for a possible modification (240mm rad w/grill) but I hear the fan is quite loud and it could possibly negate the money I've spent on quietening my system.

There's some such epic builds in the forums, that fanless Vulcan was AWESOME. It wasn't particularly small but it was immaculately thought out and built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4522 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 121 (Unique: 94)
Any features then you'd like to see? I plan on hopefully getting a case comparison chart up there too on the wiki. Any ideas would be great.

Yes I like most of the builds on Losias and they're all interesting to see. Comment and participate if you can. We have a very active chat and there are quite a few Kiwis there too. tongue.gif

post #4523 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 424 (Unique: 300)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourcore9brker View Post

Come on guys. You're both experienced members here. The FT02 part was a joke by the looks of it. Psyclum helps quite a bit. Likewise, JoshHunter spends a lot of time here and helps as well. There is no reason to run another member off. Let's try to stop being so personally involved in this.

fair enough. i'll simply put him on block and issue is resolved biggrin.gif

just a quick glace... i would think you'd put something there for DTX? maybe i missed it?

pico PSU? also DC to DC PSU's.

also recommended riser cards/PCIe ribbons?

these are things that i would expect lots of info from you smile.gif

considering this is more or less a specialty / custom type site, I would definitely add a section dedicated for automotive / marine computing environments. you know. lots of million dollar boats out there that need their well built HTPC in there smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4524 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 209 (Unique: 161)
While I agree the Prodigy isn't the paragon of what this thread is for, I have no problem with people discussing it. Prodigy builds packed with hardware can certainly fit in. Likewise, a mostly empty case of any form factor is going to be looked down on. As I've always said, cases that punch above their weight volume are the focus of the club.

Personally, I'm looking at this, with a z77 board and 3570k:

Why do we mount round fans on square radiators?

post #4525 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

Personally, I'm looking at this, with a z77 board and 3570k:
No dedicated video card, which you mention in your first post (although you don't specifically state it as a 'requirement'). Intel HD 4000 isn't exactly beastly tongue.gif

Looking forward to putting my build on here though smile.gif
post #4526 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 329 (Unique: 273)
my second mini PC
IMAG0071-1.jpg
IMAG0065-1.jpg

post #4527 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 12:56 AM
***der

Rep: 181 (Unique: 139)
you know what..this isn't a forum to troll for members to sign up for losias...if that is the standard (and I am a member there too..you miss the point..take your troll membership requirements back to that site..this is OCN) and not another forum...you don't like it, let's bring Chip in....
post #4528 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 329 (Unique: 273)
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroadtrip View Post

you know what..this isn't a forum to troll for members to sign up for losias...if that is the standard (and I am a member there too..you miss the point..take your troll membership requirements back to that site..this is OCN) and not another forum...you don't like it, let's bring Chip in....

wut?

post #4529 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 08:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

wut?
He's referring to armourcore9brker, who may have gone a little off topic smile.gif

Sooo... how bout those beastly rigs then... rolleyes.gif
post #4530 of 13311 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 424 (Unique: 300)
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroadtrip View Post

armourcore9brker has contributed plenty to both this thread and the SFF community at OCN in general. his views of SFF stays true to the spirit of SFF and is his opinion. some things he says i do not agree with, however lets not forget his contributions to the OCN community simply because he has a different view on what you considers as SFF... as far as losias, i didn't even know about it till he changed his avatar... so you really cant say he's trolling for member since I didn't even know about it and i'm on this section of OCN every week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in