Well, first 1070ti was received and is now being returned. Sent me a Zotac 1070ti Mini instead of the FE I wanted. Also, it appears my main computer has a faulty 'something' that makes it lock up. Unsure the cause.
When these things happen I tend to get annoyed and buy something better. Trying hard to not look at the 2080ti now. Roughly three times the price for roughly three times the output? Probably makes sense, given the application. Also looking at a Threadripper rig given the work I do at home. Need to wait until after next week at least, right?
Only thing I know for sure will happen is selling my Caselabs S3 to help offset the cost of a new computer. At least that's something that hasn't lost its value.