Question For You Guys - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Question For You Guys

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 167 (Unique: 122)
I'm to old for that. I would sound like a grumpy grandpa with a young voice. lachen.gif

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 passive bi-amped(Vr3 Castle Mod)
Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's
Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

I'm to old for that. I would sound like a grumpy grandpa with a young voice. lachen.gif

Not really used for voice but I feel ya. As far the HFM site goes, it's not mandatory. It's more of an option to be available to use. There will be features available for teams to use it as well.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:11 AM
Typo Elemental

I agree with everyone here. I don't think this should be mandatory at all, but if people use this, and we can have a Team overview for the TC, I think it could be a useful tool for Captains and Vice's to keep track of their teams.

That being said, I think I need to look into setting up a powershell script that checks when my GPU for idle, and if it doesn't grab a WU within ~5 minutes, it reboots my computer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

At least you wouldn't sound like a grumpy grandpa with a crotchety voice thumb.gif

CPU
AMD Threadripper 1900x
Motherboard
Asus Prime X399-A
GPU
EVGA 1080 Classified
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Intel 750 Series 400GB U.2
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
Seasonic 1050w 80+ Gold
Case
Corsair Air 740
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
i5 6600k
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Sapphire R9 Nano
RAM
Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
Athena AP-MFATX40 400W Flex-ATX
Cooling
be quiet! ​PURE ROCK ​SLIM
Case
Lian-Li PC-TU 100B
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2401
Keyboard
MK Disco RGB TKL (KBT Brown)
Mouse
Razer Mamba TE
Mouse
Razer Firefly Cloth
Audio
Beyerdynam​ic DT 770 ​Pro 80 ohm
Audio
Antlion Audio ModMic 4 w/ Mute
Audio
Schiit Fulla 2
Other
Noctua NF-A9x14 (x2)
Other
Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-92
Other
Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-60 (x2)
Other
Fractal Design GP12-WT
CPU
i7 6800k
CPU
Xeon e5-1620 V3
Motherboard
EVGA Micro 2
GPU
Asus GTX 780
GPU
Sapphire Fury X
GPU
Sapphire RX 480
RAM
Kingston - FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400
RAM
ADATA - XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400
Hard Drive
SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB
Hard Drive
Kingston - SSDNow V200
Power Supply
Corsair HX850i
Cooling
be quiet! - PURE ROCK
Case
Thermaltake Core V21
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Rust Buckets for Days

HFM for team competition purposes is a very possible thing.  I haven't set up secure FTP servers in a while with user groups and what not, but could probably set up a FTP server on the current server running the TC stats site and allow people to upload their stats to that.  The major downside is abusing the system by continuously uploading stuff, or using it for the upload/download/transfer of copyrighted content, etc.

We had at one point a central site that could link to all TC member's own HFM stats, and many teams had their own iFrames in the team threads linking their team member's HFM stats too.

I could have a page setup up for each team that used the mobile version of HFM and displays it on a single page, but providing hosting for everyone's would be the harder part.

An alternative could be using Google Drive, or OneDrive set up on everyone's machine and OCN could have a shared folder which sub-folders for each team member.  Each member sets HFM to just save their HTML site to that folder on their own PC, then it auto-syncs and my web server can use all those sub-folders to build a web site from as well.  You still have the downside of someone using the service for non [email protected] purposes or hogging all the space.

Spoiler!

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

HFM for team competition purposes is a very possible thing.  I haven't set up secure FTP servers in a while with user groups and what not, but could probably set up a FTP server on the current server running the TC stats site and allow people to upload their stats to that.  The major downside is abusing the system by continuously uploading stuff, or using it for the upload/download/transfer of copyrighted content, etc.

We had at one point a central site that could link to all TC member's own HFM stats, and many teams had their own iFrames in the team threads linking their team member's HFM stats too.

I could have a page setup up for each team that used the mobile version of HFM and displays it on a single page, but providing hosting for everyone's would be the harder part.

An alternative could be using Google Drive, or OneDrive set up on everyone's machine and OCN could have a shared folder which sub-folders for each team member.  Each member sets HFM to just save their HTML site to that folder on their own PC, then it auto-syncs and my web server can use all those sub-folders to build a web site from as well.  You still have the downside of someone using the service for non [email protected] purposes or hogging all the space.

With ProFTPd using virtual users and MySQL, it's doable. Also you can setup quotas and whitelists. This would only allow the files HFM produces and only allow a small amount.

I setup a test server with all this and it works well. Also have apache setup with vhosts to allow subdomain to get directory

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:15 AM
Typo Elemental

With @Ryahn's help, and using my HFM installation as a test platform, it appears that we have a successful test up and running. thumb.gif

CPU
AMD Threadripper 1900x
Motherboard
Asus Prime X399-A
GPU
EVGA 1080 Classified
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
Seasonic 1050w 80+ Gold
Case
Corsair Air 740
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
i5 6600k
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Sapphire R9 Nano
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
Cooling
Case
Lian-Li PC-TU 100B
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2401
Keyboard
Mouse
Razer Mamba TE
Mouse
Razer Firefly Cloth
Audio
Audio
Audio
Schiit Fulla 2
Other
Noctua NF-A9x14 (x2)
Other
Other
Other
Fractal Design GP12-WT
CPU
i7 6800k
CPU
Xeon e5-1620 V3
Motherboard
EVGA Micro 2
GPU
Asus GTX 780
GPU
Sapphire Fury X
GPU
Sapphire RX 480
RAM
RAM
Hard Drive
SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB
Hard Drive
Kingston - SSDNow V200
Power Supply
Corsair HX850i
Cooling
be quiet! - PURE ROCK
Case
Thermaltake Core V21
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Rust Buckets for Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryahn View Post

Quote:

With ProFTPd using virtual users and MySQL, it's doable. Also you can setup quotas and whitelists. This would only allow the files HFM produces and only allow a small amount.

I setup a test server with all this and it works well. Also have apache setup with vhosts to allow subdomain to get directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons572 View Post

With @Ryahn's help, and using my HFM installation as a test platform, it appears that we have a successful test up and running. thumb.gif

Well if you have a working method, we can definitely work to implement on the existing server hosting OCN's stats site so everything is together.

Would you have to set up a virtual user for each folder?  Or would it make sense to just have one for each team or one for the team competition in general?

Spoiler!

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Well if you have a working method, we can definitely work to implement on the existing server hosting OCN's stats site so everything is together.

Would you have to set up a virtual user for each folder?  Or would it make sense to just have one for each team or one for the team competition in general?

As of right now, it sets up a /home folder for each user. There is possibly a way to do virtual directories that could be used for each TC. I have to look into that aspect. Most if not all of the configuration can be done by PHP by using exec()

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 AM
Typo Elemental

Something I'd be interested in seeing a way to pick and choose what slots are being shown from the same directory.

In other words, the current way that information is being shown, all 8 of my slots are being shown. However, if members of a TC team wanted to check how the entire team is doing, they would only need to see information for my TC slot.

Is there a way to pick and choose slots from different users, and compile them on one webpage?

CPU
AMD Threadripper 1900x
Motherboard
Asus Prime X399-A
GPU
EVGA 1080 Classified
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
Seasonic 1050w 80+ Gold
Case
Corsair Air 740
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
i5 6600k
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Sapphire R9 Nano
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
Cooling
Case
Lian-Li PC-TU 100B
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2401
Keyboard
Mouse
Razer Mamba TE
Mouse
Razer Firefly Cloth
Audio
Audio
Audio
Schiit Fulla 2
Other
Noctua NF-A9x14 (x2)
Other
Other
Other
Fractal Design GP12-WT
CPU
i7 6800k
CPU
Xeon e5-1620 V3
Motherboard
EVGA Micro 2
GPU
Asus GTX 780
GPU
Sapphire Fury X
GPU
Sapphire RX 480
RAM
RAM
Hard Drive
SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB
Hard Drive
Kingston - SSDNow V200
Power Supply
Corsair HX850i
Cooling
be quiet! - PURE ROCK
Case
Thermaltake Core V21
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons572 View Post

Something I'd be interested in seeing a way to pick and choose what slots are being shown from the same directory.

In other words, the current way that information is being shown, all 8 of my slots are being shown. However, if members of a TC team wanted to check how the entire team is doing, they would only need to see information for my TC slot.

Is there a way to pick and choose slots from different users, and compile them on one webpage?

Possibly. Since the HTML is well formatted, the only way is with regex and doing an array search. Also the slot would need to have a unique name to be able to be pulled properly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in