Those of you with HT Intels that FOLD - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Those of you with HT Intels that FOLD

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 806 (Unique: 414)
Just an FYI for the Folding Folks at OC.net.

If you are folding with a HT Intel..you can run more than one instance of Folding!

For instance, if you control+alt+delete right now and take a look at your processor usage, (if you're folding currently) you'll see 50% usage...for both "cpu's"

In order to take advantage of HT and folding...

Download the console (no nonsense) version of Folding at home.

Run the install program, answer the simple questions, dont forget to put in the CORRECT team number and your user name! (case sensitive)

When the "Machine ID" question comes up, enter the number 2 (numero dos) and hit enter.

Answer all the other questions accordingly.

Once you have done this, you're graphical version of folding will run on Machine ID 1 (half your HT) and the console version will run on Machine ID 2 (the other half of your HT).

Its a nifty handy dandy little trick.

If you are already aware of this...then nevermind!

GIT R DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 354 (Unique: 187)
Great advice Xavier. I PMed one person who I knew had HT and gave them this info, but now it's all here!

Of course, you could just install two installations of the console (text based) client into two different directories and do it that way (if you didn't want to use the graphical version at all).

Fold for the cure & team 37726!!
H2O cooling: Chevette heatercore, 172mm 258CFM fan, Apogee GT, and Ehiem 1250. Load temp @ 1.45vcore 41C.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 06:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 297 (Unique: 183)
I tried it out and it did use 100% of the processor. But looking at the console program, I can't tell if is doing anything, it does not show anything going on like a bunch of numbers or anything like that. Is it supposed to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 08:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 44)
yea i got it working like that and i got two WU going on at the same time. Just one thing though, when the console version asks you if you want to change advanced options, you must say yes and then you will get the option to change machine id's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in