Connecting to the work server!! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Connecting to the work server!!

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 297 (Unique: 183)
Does anyone else have problems connecting to the work server?? I finished a WU and it has been trying to connect to the work server to get another WU for a couple hours now. It keeps saying "Error: Got status code 400 from server". Does anyone have a clue to what is going on?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 06:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Go to "Configure" -> "Connection" tab. There is a setting that says something like "Use Internet Explorer Connection Settings". Check that box. It should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer_456
Does anyone else have problems connecting to the work server?? I finished a WU and it has been trying to connect to the work server to get another WU for a couple hours now. It keeps saying "Error: Got status code 400 from server". Does anyone have a clue to what is going on?

Thanks.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Go to "Configure" -> "Connection" tab. There is a setting that says something like "Use Internet Explorer Connection Settings". Check that box. It should work.
it's checked, I have this problem with the console version also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 806 (Unique: 414)
Your avatar is too funny! All I can think of is Duke Nukem..."It's time to kick ass or chew bubble gum...and I'm all outta gum"

GIT R DONE!

Sorry to hear about your server issues, do you have any kind of firewall up on your router? (do you even have a router?)

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1421
Your avatar is too funny! All I can think of is Duke Nukem..."It's time to kick ass or chew bubble gum...and I'm all outta gum"

GIT R DONE!

Sorry to hear about your server issues, do you have any kind of firewall up on your router? (do you even have a router?)
GIT R DONE! ---> hahaha, now if that s#!t aint funny, you can get out of here, cuzz that was funny! like a skinhead watching the jeffersons! thats funny!

ya he is my favorite comedian!

I have a router but it is not used for the internet, i only use it as a access point for the network, and I have the firewall and WEP is disabled. I was running fine and i had to reload the program and ever since it has not connected.

oh ya, i'm working on another avatar, going to be funny as hell!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Retired Staff

Well, if it aint your yer firewall, ya should get dem eatin britches...Sorry, lapse to redneck there.

Larry the Cable Guy rocks...I dont care who ya are, thats funny right there! (ever seen Blue Collar Comedy Tour? Ron White is hilarious!)

Um, have you updated to the most recent core version? Just as a last straw...I'd delete all of your folding at home directory, uninstall it if you have to, then re-download, but this time get the update (Aug 20, 2004).

Set it up as you normally would, and then we'll see if you have any server issues still.

PS~ Anyone know if Folding requires a specific port on the router? or does that not come into play seeing he isnt using the router for the internet?

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 AM

THEY TOOK THER JOBS, yea Larry is funny.

For my internet you do not need a specific port on the router, it is just hooked into the internet and then it works.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I finally got it to work, well atleast it is folding. the funny thing is that it works fine as long as it stays in the system tray, if I open it up I get an illegal operation! does not make any sense.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Retired Staff

I'm glad you got it back, I would write the Pande group about the errors, they are open to feedback, and this definitely is cause for feedback...they keep updating because of bugs like this...I just hope they fix it (on another note, my visualization works fine...)

hmmm

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 05:53 AM

My IE box is unchecked and seems to be working fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in