Overclock.net banner

Geez How Many Comps You Got

3K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  blob 
#1 ·
How many computers do you guys have and how the heka u get so much money for em when they're so pricey to make one

#3 ·
I've got two PCs one of which I am selling specs listed below and my everyday PC which I game and bench on in my RIG SIG.

Both PCs cost less than £600 when I first built them but the one with the 6800 GT I have now spent quite a bit more on.

Spec of second PC:

Amd XP 2800+ / Stock HSF
Abit NF-7 V2
2x512 Kingston Memory
9800 Pro / Flashed XT
80GB Maxtor IDE HDD 7200RPM
SuperFlower Black modded ATX case

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

How many computers do you guys have and how the heka u get so much money for em when they're so pricey to make one

realize that most of us arent rich.. i think, and most who put that much into their computer do some serious saving, or just dont buy anything else thats pricey, the thing i dont get though it how some people buy new video cards constantly that arent much higher performance thent their last :| if that makes any sense

#5 ·
Running 3 rigs

1 - XP 3200+ (MSI see Sig)
2 - XP2500+ Abit nf7s V2
3 - XP2500+ MSI K7N2 Delta L (Wifes)

I built all 3. And all are currently folding For Team OC.net. I just got obsessed and spent way too much money. Ill be in therapy for years.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Running 3 rigs

1 - XP 3200+ (MSI see Sig)
2 - XP2500+ Abit nf7s V2
3 - XP2500+ MSI K7N2 Delta L (Wifes)

I built all 3. And all are currently folding For Team OC.net. I just got obsessed and spent way too much money. Ill be in therapy for years.

I'll be sitting next to you in said therapy!

I did the same thing, I went nuts finishing off the extra systems for a "folding farm"...

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

I'll be sitting next to you in said therapy!

I did the same thing, I went nuts finishing off the extra systems for a "folding farm"...

OFF Topic
This will be the first full month running 3 rigs 20/7 I wonder how much my power bill will rocket?

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

I have 4 computers total, 3 I built and 1 laptop. The only way I have been able to afford to build them is with birthday and christmas money, and working a day or two of overtime at work. I still have to buy each peice at a time, and sometimes it takes a couple of months to complete a computer. As said in the above posts, it doesn't take a lot of money to build a decent PC, but if you want a super gaming powerhouse, then you will have to start saving the money up!!

#16 ·
Didnt mean to stray off topic earlier...

I have 5 rigs folding right now..

Dell 1.4gig (fiance's)
Dell 3 gig (work)
FoldBeast1 (A64 3400 at 2.413)
Foldbeast2 (XP3000 at 2.34)
Hybrid Fold/Gamer (XP-M at 2.6)

The XP2000 was planned for build...but then I did the "crash" thing and got obsessed...I'll let ya know how it turns out.

I will be selling the XP3000, XP2000, and their motherboards soon. (Gigabyte GA-7VAX, MSI K7N420 Pro respectively)

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Didnt mean to stray off topic earlier...

I have 5 rigs folding right now..

Dell 1.4gig (fiance's)
Dell 3 gig (work)
FoldBeast1 (A64 3400 at 2.413)
Foldbeast2 (XP3000 at 2.34)
Hybrid Fold/Gamer (XP-M at 2.6)

The XP2000 was planned for build...but then I did the "crash" thing and got obsessed...I'll let ya know how it turns out.

I will be selling the XP3000, XP2000, and their motherboards soon. (Gigabyte GA-7VAX, MSI K7N420 Pro respectively)

One thing comes to mind..... Holy Sh@#

#18 ·
I got my main computer, and an old 600mhz P3 which took 2 hours to complete its first step of 100. I am saving for a new rig that i hopefully will be able to build once all the new top of the line stuff comes out. I guess i could build an A64 rig now, but im waiting for intel and a 64 from them... its a longshot.

#20 ·
I have only one but Ive built one for my son and one for my daughter.

My boys (11 year old)

Athlon xp 1800+ oc'ed to run like a 2100+
256 ddr 400
geForce Fx 5200 128mb
new fancy black windowed case.

my girls (8 year old)

Duron 800
640 sd ram
TNT2 32mb
(this PC was made from old stuff taken from my PC)
she only plays disney software

#22 ·
welcome to radiation city...where all members will have a freaking foot sticking out of their empty head after the mutations caused by excess glaring at computer monitors...*drum rolls*

I have 4 comps:
1) this one (Athlon 64)
2) emachine Celeron 900MHz
3) iBook G4
4) iMac G3

The Mac's are mainly my dads but i use them sometime for SC, WC3, Quake, etc.

btw..the stuff motherboards are made of...poly-something...it's suppose to kill you

#25 ·
whew.. computers

my comps

1 - 2.6GHz Amd
2 - 1.4GHz Tbird
3 - 1.0GHz Celeron
4 - 400MHz P2
5 - 33MHz 486DX
6 - 10MHz 386
7 - 33MHz 486 Laptop

the rest (families)

8 - Mac G4
9 - 2.4GHz P4
10 - 400MHz P2
11 - 1.7GHz P4 Laptop
12 - 1.0GHz P3 Laptop

I'm buying a new (actually old) computer tommorow. Yay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.